Can I get a "Hell yes!"?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just found out that my ancestry gets traced through Canada before my ancestors ended up in The States. That must be why I am so awesome.:)

Other than my Dad's paternal line, all of mine came through Nova Scotia or New Brunswick. My mom's mother was still a Canadian citizen when she grew up in Lowell, MA, and served in the RCAF during WWII.

However, I'm pretty sure my awesome comes from the fact that all four lines converged in the Boston area. :cool:

Boston is awesome. They have great baked beans.

1Boston_Baked_Beans_candy_.jpg

Other than my Dad's paternal line, all of mine came through Nova Scotia or New Brunswick. My mom's mother was still a Canadian citizen when she grew up in Lowell, MA, and served in the RCAF during WWII.

However, I'm pretty sure my awesome comes from the fact that all four lines converged in the Boston area. :cool:

:nono Not something to brag about. Canadians look at Nova Scotia like you see New Jersey. :lol

Not bragging. Just stating fact. My dad's materal grandfather was a coal miner there. Moved to Boston and became a surveyor.

<-- Grandfather born in Copetown, moved to Toronto, then Edmonton, then migrated here after my father was a teenager. :lol But as much as these guys wanna pretend, Canada's not all that great. Something to be said for a country that feels that a murdering cannibal has the right to walk public streets only guarded by a doctor and a single guard.

Grandmother was born there too, just won't know where until I see her obit. :rotfl

Last edited:
<-- Grandfather born in Copetown, moved to Toronto, then Edmonton, then migrated here after my father was a teenager. :lol But as much as these guys wanna pretend, Canada's not all that great. Something to be said for a country that feels that a murdering cannibal has the right to walk public streets only guarded by a doctor and a single guard.

Grandmother was born there too, just won't know where until I see her obit. :rotfl

LOL...I think you might be taking it a little too seriously.

Just a little. :lol

It's too bad Canadians are so jingoistic. This thread could have been about a heroic man with lightning fast decision making skills and the guts to act on them.

Alas...

Just glad this made it to the media. Otherwise, the insurance company would've raked him over the coals. Instead, they knew they would've gotten blasted for leaving him out to dry so they turned themselves into the good guy.

That aside, very brave guy. I wonder if he would've done it in, say, my 2012 Civic LOL! So many people are busy fixing their hair, cleaning their teeth, day dreaming and talking on the phone at a stop light but this guy saves children. We may have a real Chuck Norris.

I was born in Canada but my family moved to New York many years ago, just before I started high school. In all honesty, I've never experienced such racism and bigotry in my life, as I did while living there. I'm not condemning the entire country, but it was definitely evident around the Hamilton area where I lived (I just thought that I should bold that :lol ), which ironically, happens to be a very multicultural area. The white kids at school would poke jabs at others just for having a different skin color from them. I can't count the number of times that I've been called "Paki" (and horrible racist insults) even though my mother's Jewish, and my father is from England with a lineage from India. Also, in general, immigrants from anywhere get treated like second-class citizens and even the Caucasian immigrants from Eastern Europe aren't spared from the hostility.

There's a lot more that I can say, but I'll just leave it at that, because I don't want to step on any toes and make enemies. But, the Canadians on SSF are cool cats - you guys are awesome! :peace. I truly wish if I had the chance to meet fellow geeks like you, when I was a young child in school.

LOL...I think you might be taking it a little too seriously.

:nono Bait for a certain slasher. :wink1: :lol

I was born in Canada but my family moved to New York many years ago, just before I started high school. In all honesty, I've never experienced such racism and bigotry in my life, as I did while living there. I'm not condemning the entire country, but it was definitely evident around the Hamilton area where I lived (I just thought that I should bold that :lol ), which ironically, happens to be a very multicultural area. The white kids at school would poke jabs at others just for having a different skin color from them. I can't count the number of times that I've been called "Paki" (and horrible racist insults) even though my mother's Jewish, and my father is from England with a lineage from India. Also, in general, immigrants from anywhere get treated like second-class citizens and even the Caucasian immigrants from Eastern Europe aren't spared from the hostility.

There's a lot more that I can say, but I'll just leave it at that, because I don't want to step on any toes and make enemies. But, the Canadians on SSF are cool cats - you guys are awesome! :peace. I truly wish if I had the chance to meet fellow geeks like you, when I was a young child in school.

Well that's New York. Believe it or not, in NY history, the people treated the worst were the Scots.

Well that's New York. Believe it or not, in NY history, the people treated the worst were the Scots.

That's not New York anymore - far from it :lol. History is filled with examples of racial intolerance. At least in the modern age that we live in, you'd expect for things to be different. Unfortunately, some of our "good neighbors" up North tend to be very backward where that's concerned :slap.

Wow, I was just having fun, and it was a itty bitty comment.... then you have the dinks taking it seriously ripping up Canada.

Ahhhh typical...

I like my free health care, open lands, clean air, rich natural resources, and real freedom of speech. Have fun tearing up where a lot of Freaks come from. Whatever makes you guys feel special... :wave

Last edited:
Wow, I was just having fun, and it was a itty bitty comment.... then you have the dinks taking it seriously ripping up Canada.

Ahhhh typical...

I like my free health care, open lands, clean air, rich natural resources, and real freedom of speech. Have fun tearing up where a lot of Freaks come from. Whatever makes you guys feel special... :wave

Until you're riding the bus one day and then get your head cut off and eaten by a cannibal. :horror

Ahhhh typical...

Yup, practically everything we enjoy in the U.S.. I like those too! :lol

Until you're riding the bus one day and then get your head cut off and eaten by a cannibal. :horror

Wow, it's actually the first time I heard about that. Did a quick Google search, and now I wish I didn't!!! :horror :horror :horror :horror

That'll probably be the first and last time (before the inevitable zombie apocalypse soon to come) something like that happens here.

Could be worse though, a Yanks gets murdered, what, like every 30 seconds?

Can't remember the stats Cobra gave us at the beginning of the movie.

:monkey3

That'll probably be the first and last time (before the inevitable zombie apocalypse soon to come) something like that happens here.

Could be worse though, a Yanks gets murdered, what, like every 30 seconds?

Can't remember the stats Cobra gave us at the beginning of the movie.

:monkey3

:lol :rotfl :lol

Back