Bacon is NOT an evil thing...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the end of the dark alley I have in mind is an eatery where they make the best fried bacon dumplings you'll find anywhere. If those can't tempt Blackthorn to enjoy some porcine deliciousness, nothing can.

20120925-a44d51890832c01eb3c9a_resized_638x472.jpg

That looks amazing :drool. Have you been to that restaurant, by the way?

I like falafel.
For the record, the best pork I ever had was honeybaked ham. No bacon was ever as tasty as that. Furthermore, a quality beef jerky makes bacon seem like the low quality poor cut it is. I don't mean the jerky you get in bags at the convenience store. I mean the quality stuff made at places that make nothing but beef jerky. I took a tour of one once and saw the quality from the raw meat, to the finished jerky. I suppose few people have actually had the best jerky. I can't see how anyone would get excited over bacon when there is beef jerky.

Last edited:

That's not my pic, but I have been to that restaurant and sampled their fried polpettes. If you're ever in Venice you should definitely check it out, Osteria Ca’ D’Oro Alla Vedova. It was over ten years ago now, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't still there.

I like falafel.
For the record, the best pork I ever had was honeybaked ham. No bacon was ever as tasty as that. Furthermore, a quality beef jerky makes bacon seem like the low quality poor cut it is. I don't mean the jerky you get in bags at the convenience store. I mean the quality stuff made at places that make nothing but beef jerky. I took a tour of one once and saw the quality from the raw meat, to the finished jerky. I suppose few people have actually had the best jerky. I can't see how anyone would get excited over bacon when there is beef jerky.

LOL...as if we don't have enough snobs already. Now we have a beef jerky snob.

:)

LOL...as if we don't have enough snobs already. Now we have a beef jerky snob.

:)
There is a big difference between fresh beef jerky made with the choicest cuts of meat vs jerky in plastic bags that have been sitting there for months made with who knows what quality meat.
Fresh is always best. First you must try the best, fresh, stuff, which is $26 a pound. Then tell me there is no difference.

By the way, with beef jerky, you actually COULD store it in all of those hiding places the guy put bacon in in the video for weeks with no problem, stored at room temperature.
Damn that video was so stupid. I hope no one was dumb enough to think it was a good idea to hide raw bacon in their office like that, unless it is in a meat locker.
You can put beef jerky in your pocket, and eat it without getting a mess all over your fingers. It's portable. Bacon is not very portable. Bacon doesn't stay edible long. It spoils and becomes poisonous. I took jerky camping and snacked on it while hiking. Try that with bacon.
The best jerky isn't rubbery.
What is bacon, $5-6 per pound for the expensive stuff?
Bacon always tastes too salty. If it doesn't taste too salty, it tastes too fatty.

I no longer partake of animal products, but if I did, bacon wouldn't be one of them and certainly not pork.

Blackthorne must be a hoot at a party. I hope the hosts have zero sense of humor and good jerky. :lecture

There is a big difference between fresh beef jerky made with the choicest cuts of meat vs jerky in plastic bags that have been sitting there for months made with who knows what quality meat.
Fresh is always best. First you must try the best, fresh, stuff, which is $26 a pound. Then tell me there is no difference.

By the way, with beef jerky, you actually COULD store it in all of those hiding places the guy put bacon in in the video for weeks with no problem, stored at room temperature.
Damn that video was so stupid. I hope no one was dumb enough to think it was a good idea to hide raw bacon in their office like that, unless it is in a meat locker.
You can put beef jerky in your pocket, and eat it without getting a mess all over your fingers. It's portable. Bacon is not very portable. Bacon doesn't stay edible long. It spoils and becomes poisonous. I took jerky camping and snacked on it while hiking. Try that with bacon.
The best jerky isn't rubbery.
What is bacon, $5-6 per pound for the expensive stuff?
Bacon always tastes too salty. If it doesn't taste too salty, it tastes too fatty.

I no longer partake of animal products, but if I did, bacon wouldn't be one of them and certainly not pork.

I was giving you a hard time. I have no doubt that a good fresh jerky should be better than a jerky full of preservatives (although Jacklinks has some DAMNED good jerky).

But I think you are nuts for hating on bacon.:)

Back