Call of Duty Black Ops 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont think I have ever had an issue of it not registering unless I swing too early or they move when I lunge at them and just miss completely idk I play on the PC so maybe its different on consoles and the only map I don't like to knife on is carrier since there is way too many open areas but other than that I think all the other maps are good.

It's not different on the consoles. He just has no skill knifing. :lol

Anyone feel like lately the assault rifles aren't nearly as powerful?

Hell Yeah. It seems its all based on "Fire Rate" Spray n Pray. Its all about the Sub Machine Guns. The Skill in shooting has been lost. Hand Guns are way too powerful to.

Hell Yeah. It seems its all based on "Fire Rate" Spray n Pray. Its all about the Sub Machine Guns. The Skill in shooting has been lost. Hand Guns are way too powerful to.

Sniping is off lately too. A well placed chest shot used to work but in the last few times I played unless you hit shoulders up it wouldn't register as a kill.

Things have been better since my complaint. You do seem to have to be pickier when using an assault rifle though. I'm just using my Scorpio Evo more. Shotguns were all the rage today in matches I played. They seem to be a bit strong or too much distance.

One thing with CoD I don't get is why run around and just knife people. It just seems lame and a good way to get your butt kicked. I love killing them and giving them a t-bag. :lol

Since ill never do it again ill brag for a second last night playing Kill Confirmed I had a match where I went 50-9. :rock

I'm very happy to be wrong about this game. I finished the campaign and loved every minute of it. I think the improved story helped as well as the strategy missions. One of the best shooters I've played. I can't speak on the MP though.

Things have been better since my complaint. You do seem to have to be pickier when using an assault rifle though. I'm just using my Scorpio Evo more. Shotguns were all the rage today in matches I played. They seem to be a bit strong or too much distance.

One thing with CoD I don't get is why run around and just knife people. It just seems lame and a good way to get your butt kicked. I love killing them and giving them a t-bag. :lol

Since ill never do it again ill brag for a second last night playing Kill Confirmed I had a match where I went 50-9. :rock

Damn! I think the most I've ever tagged in a match is 20. My average is usually around 8-10. I was just talking to a buddy last night about this. He's more into seeing how many he can kill where for me it's about the type of kill. That's why I love sniping. I get more satisfaction waiting for the right kill, the surprise.

I've been using the FAL talking about Assault Riffles. That gun is lethal once you unlock select fire for it.
The Chicom is a great SMG but saying that most of them are in that category. I've not tried out any snipers yet but I have to run around or I'll get bored & there not the most practical weapon for rushing.

Just got this a week or so ago. Really enjoying it so far. Single-player may be one of the best COD games I've played. I really like the time-period jump ... gives more variety than previous games. The branching storyline gives the events a bit more impact.

I've never been a big multiplayer guy -- at least not since Goldeneye. I've done a little here and there, but I'm usually in over-my-head. I don't have the time to acquire as much skill as I apparently need. And, for some reason, they never put a "mute all communication" function on these damn games. If I wanted to talk to people -- or listen to them -- I wouldn't be playing video games at the moment.

I like that they have the option for computer-opponent multiplayer. Good for playing around with weapons, loadouts, attachments, maps, sniping practice, etc. Not quite the same opponent skill-level or leveling system ... though you can adjust the computer skill-level. Might eventually use it to jump more into the online multiplayer. Not sure if its worth the frustration, though. There's something to be said for multiplayer without overskilled foul-mouthed 12-year-olds.

SnakeDoc

I've never been a big multiplayer guy -- at least not since Goldeneye. I've done a little here and there, but I'm usually in over-my-head. I don't have the time to acquire as much skill as I apparently need. And, for some reason, they never put a "mute all communication" function on these damn games. If I wanted to talk to people -- or listen to them -- I wouldn't be playing video games at the moment.

I like that they have the option for computer-opponent multiplayer. Good for playing around with weapons, loadouts, attachments, maps, sniping practice, etc. Not quite the same opponent skill-level or leveling system ... though you can adjust the computer skill-level. Might eventually use it to jump more into the online multiplayer. Not sure if its worth the frustration, though. There's something to be said for multiplayer without overskilled foul-mouthed 12-year-olds.

SnakeDoc

What system are you playing on? I know of ways for Xbox Live and PC that you don't have to hear anybody.

I've been using the FAL talking about Assault Riffles. That gun is lethal once you unlock select fire for it.
The Chicom is a great SMG but saying that most of them are in that category. I've not tried out any snipers yet but I have to run around or I'll get bored & there not the most practical weapon for rushing.

I tried running around last night with a sniper rifle (Ballista) and damn was that hard. :lol I've gotten good lately to where in Team Deathmatch I'll travel with a pack and pick off some people and it's a lot of fun.

PS3.

Haven't actually done BOps2 online yet, so maybe you can mute all. I know I had to manually mute individuals on BOps1 (which you could do for everybody, but it was a hassle) ... and was still open to some kind of written messages, which I didn't want either.

SnakeDoc

I'm very happy to be wrong about this game. I finished the campaign and loved every minute of it. I think the improved story helped as well as the strategy missions. One of the best shooters I've played. I can't speak on the MP though.

Nice! I need to play that part. I haven't touched it yet but I've played a lot of MP.

Damn! I think the most I've ever tagged in a match is 20. My average is usually around 8-10. I was just talking to a buddy last night about this. He's more into seeing how many he can kill where for me it's about the type of kill. That's why I love sniping. I get more satisfaction waiting for the right kill, the surprise.

I run around a lot. I usually only snip if I play battlefield for some reason. I like it use the AN-94 and the Evo combo and the Scar-H/Evo combo. My perks are hard line and toughness. Scorestreaks I like to use are care package, lightning strike, and stealth chopper. The CoD app for iPhone says my career Kills is 21 per match and deaths at 17. K/D average is 1.23
It's not great but I'm more likely to have a really good match than bad. This version of CoD I'm far more likely to get 30-40 kills than a bad match. Plus with Kill Confirmed its much easier. :lol

I've not tried the select fire on any if my guns just yet. Does it help or hurt?

PS3.

Haven't actually done BOps2 online yet, so maybe you can mute all. I know I had to manually mute individuals on BOps1 (which you could do for everybody, but it was a hassle) ... and was still open to some kind of written messages, which I didn't want either.

SnakeDoc

On PC, you can mute all players who aren't in your party with a few button presses (in game). On Xbox Live you could mute anyone on Live that wasn't a friend. This was done through the dashboard (when not in game). Haven't played it on PS3, but I would imagine there is a similar way to do it.

Revolution DLC on Jan 29th for the 360.

black_ops_2_dlc.jpg

@ Josh
I've not tried the select fire on any if my guns just yet. Does it help or hurt?[/QUOTE]

Yeah well on the FAL definitely. It makes that gun lethal. It's a highly accurate weapon, 2 shots to the chest & there dead.
I tried it out on the Scar to, found it doesn't make as much of an impact on a weapon that's already an automatic. Benefit is when your trying to take someone out from a far & switching to burst makes your weapon much more accurate but you would be better of using other attachments to be honest on a weapon like that.

Back