C-3PO with R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the exclusive version had lights, I would be all over it. Honestly, I'll order it no matter what, but I sure hope that there are lights involved when this finally hits.

How tall would a 1/4 R2 be? I'm too lazy to do any calculations right now. Or dumb. It's one of those.

I can't wait to preorder this Koto. I love how it looks. I have several and I like to mix them in with my GG stuff. 12" Luke looks nice with them also.

I kinda question whether it would be possible to do R2 and 3PO in metal for the PF. Have some metal with the piece I am sure they could do, but I just dunno about all metal. I seem to recall someone mentioning that working with metal makes it more difficult to get it as detailed. I think the shiny polystone used on the Ironman maquette would do fine, and if koto can make vinyl look like metal I'm sure sideshow can make poly look like metal. Make it a bit more affordable too.

Am I the only one who wants nicely detailed, articulated 1/6 droid figures?

PFs are nice and all, but they lack the beloved articulation.

I seem to be recalling the same comments that Agent is--I remember them saying that some metal would be used, but an entirely metal figure wouldn't end up looking as good. Again, if the Kotos look so metallic, then a 1/4 scale piece can look good too. It's all in the paint. For example:

7155_press06-001.jpg

c3po_popup_one.jpg

JustinLuck said:
Am I the only one who wants nicely detailed, articulated 1/6 droid figures?

PFs are nice and all, but they lack the beloved articulation.

No your not alone...I would love 1/6 droids because thats mainly all I collect....PF and to large and more importantly to $$$$....and SS could definetly make 1/6 R2 & 3P0 a 2 pack...

I hope that they do them in both lines, to please fans of all types. I personally prefer a piece that is as large and detailed as possible, and I don't want it to be articulated--I don't want to have to pose it myself, just take it out of the box and put it on the shelf and leave it that way. But others who want smaller pieces or less expensive pieces or articulated pieces will feel differently, and so Sideshow should cater to both crowds.

tomandshell said:
I hope that they do them in both lines, to please fans of all types. I personally prefer a piece that is as large and detailed as possible, and I don't want it to be articulated--I don't want to have to pose it myself, just take it out of the box and put it on the shelf and leave it that way. But others who want smaller pieces or less expensive pieces or articulated pieces will feel differently, and so Sideshow should cater to both crowds.
Or a sucker like me who collects both. :monkey1

elwood49 said:
I'd hate for such a classic pose to be "wasted" on the Kotos.

I wouldn't say it's a 'wasted' on the kotos. If Koto got the pose, and they do a good job (which looks like they have) then more power to them!

I have this piece on pre-order, and it is listed as being one piece.

Can't wait! I've been waiting for a decent R2
:r2d2line

Go the Kotos!

Scriff

I really like these but aren't the other Koto Star wars figures 1/6 scale? I've got the Sandtrooper and he looks good next to my Sideshow Luke.

But if these are 1/7 scale, wont they look out of place next to each other?

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

elwood49 said:
Wow, that looks great.

Unfortunately, that's the EXACT pose I wanted for the 1/4 droids 2-pack. We all know how Lucas doesn't let the various licensees repeat poses. If that remains true, I'd hate for such a classic pose to be "wasted" on the Kotos.

Sideshow could have R2 posed with all 3 legs instead of just 2 and it would be a different pose. I definitely agree that C3PO resting his arm on R2's top is classic.

Well if Lucas won't let sideshow do they pose maybe they can do the next best thing...R2 dragging 3PO's head across the ground from AOTC. :p

If SS has to get approval for every piece I wonder if they'd get approval for an exact copy of the Koto piece?

The Kotobukiya R2 & 3PO are excellent but I think I'll wait for Sideshow to do them in 1/6 scale.

scriff said:
I have this piece on pre-order, and it is listed as being one piece.

Can you tell us where you ordered it from? I haven't seen it up for preorder anywhere, and I know that there are some people here who are interested in ordering it. Thanks!

Why does Lucas not allow two items with the same pose? Star Wars is so damn popular, they would not lose any money by repeating postures...

Totally down on the articulated 1/6 scale droids. This has been a major thorn with me as it took Hasbro 25+ years to do a 3-3/4" 3PO with knee joints!!! AND the current 12" versions take NO advantage of the cool little hydrolic lines on 3PO's arms. Be nice if a rubber connection that was detachable upon superflexion could be used for the arm pistons. Sort of like when you move Luke's hands they come off without damaging the hand/wrist. Not sure how you'd vac matelize these parts though, but in the ROTS video, the props master, Ty somethingortheother, shows guns and lightsaber hilts completly made from rubber that are vac metalized. So, I guess the technology is out there!!!
BRING ON THE SUPER ARTICULATER C-3PO!!!

Not sure how they could improve on the R2 besides scale...perhaps a metal dome and a realistic sound chip, pop out spinning computer interface, and lauching lightsaber hilt compartment would do it! Oh and a remote 3rd leg deployment!!!!

Im dreaming. Cant wait to see what SS does with these ICONS of SW!:chew

Back