C-3PO with R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tomandshell said:
I hope that Sideshow does something just like that in quarter scale! It would go very nicely with my Medal Ceremony Exclusive Han PF.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Lucas only OK's unique poses, in other words, sideshow may have to change the pose somewhat if they were to do a PF.

Fine by me really as I would never be allowed to get a PF version of this, suffice it to say that this koto version looks pretty nice though.

Scriff

Does anyone know how tall these guys are?

I read somewhere that 3PO is 10.5" and R2 is 4" -- which doesn't make sense as R2 would be way too little.

Would it be smart to pre-order now, or should we wait for a cheaper price? Do these things sell out like Sideshow pieces?

scriff said:
I'm sure I read somewhere that Lucas only OK's unique poses, in other words, sideshow may have to change the pose somewhat if they were to do a PF.

Scriff

Again, this is so stupid. As long as the pieces are of high quality, they are sure to sell out regardless if they duplicate poses.

Wor-Gar said:
Does anyone know how tall these guys are?

I read somewhere that 3PO is 10.5" and R2 is 4" -- which doesn't make sense as R2 would be way too little.

I remember reading that 3PO was 10.5" including the base and R2 was 4" on his own, which would jive much better with the pictures as R2 is over half 3PO's height.

RogueJedi30 said:
I remember reading that 3PO was 10.5" including the base and R2 was 4" on his own, which would jive much better with the pictures as R2 is over half 3PO's height.

Thanks for the confirmation. I was hoping these guys would work with SS figures but clearly they will be too small.

A 4" R2 isn't even 1/7th scale, is it? More like 1/8th.

RogueJedi30 said:

The pics above show r2 as being at least half of 3po's height.

Unless my eyes deceive me.....

Scriff

JustinLuck said:
Again, this is so stupid. As long as the pieces are of high quality, they are sure to sell out regardless if they duplicate poses.

Hope you're not saying that I'M stupid there mate!:D As my wife is the only one who can say that! :thwak

Otherwise - if you're talking about Lucas, then well, not really sure that I agree. I think it is okay that Lucas can make the final decision on a piece, and anyway, it is such a diverse star wars universe out there that you could pick any number of poses for these great characters!

:peace

Scriff

Again, is it better to pre-order now or wait? :( Isn't it best to avoid purchasing merchandise at the SWS whenever possible because of the high price?

JustinLuck said:
Again, is it better to pre-order now or wait? :( Isn't it best to avoid purchasing merchandise at the SWS whenever possible because of the high price?

Its hard to say, most of the human KOTOs bomb and are easily obtainable afterward. I haven't heard anything negative about this one however, so it will be in the ranks of Fett, etc. You can probably find one for about $100-120.

I just reviewed the Koto Snowtrooper. They call these things 1/7th, but they are much closer to 1/6th. Here's photos of the Snowtrooper:

review_snowtroop_7.jpg

(review - https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_062306a.htm)

And the Boba Fett:

review_kotofett_9.jpg

(review - https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_082205a.htm)

Back