Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sure don't like the cost either but this is just one more notch in my belt and I don't have many more notches left until I'm done in this hobby.

Found floating on the web:
C3PO.jpg

Last edited:
Got mine today.. Like many, you can't help but have that twinge of disappointment when you first pick up R2 and you feel that plastic.. But the you set them up and all is well in the world. I will post a real review later. As for now here are some pics.

This first photo is how I will have them set up and displayed.

Last edited:
Man, I will echo what many have been saying. R2 is not big on the weight but awesome on the features. I am very happy with these guys. I didn't seem to have any issues at all with mine.

Here is the side by side for those interested:

Pair.jpg~original

When you see them together like this i feel the ex now looks good to me. If it only had the one base like the other it would be a winner. Not a big thing tho as i would just make my own base for them.

Every time I get close to pulling the trigger on these I read another opinion from a collector who has received them and is annoyed at how cheaply r2 is put together.

These are not worth the money IMO. The eFX TIE wasn't really that much more and it's huge, looks fantastic and is accurate and SSCs own Dark Lord Sauron is only a little more and it's over 40" tall, heavy and insanely detailed.

I hate to harp on about it and I won't say anything else in regards to it as I have posted this on another forum as well and I don't like being overly negative about our hobby, but I feel as though we are getting taken for a ride in regards to the Star Wars PF line because SSC owns the market.

Yeah they should have been $500 tops imo. Sideshow pretty much knew people would be pissed about the cheaper materials used as they sent that strange pre-warning email when they started to ship.
Just real shady tactics that nothing was mentioned when they first went up for order.

You literally are taking a gamble now with what you're gonna get if you PO day one. I always just wait to see in hand pics now before I decide on buying.

They could have charged 2000 and peeps would still have bought them, they're the only game in town for this sort of stuff and they know it.

Does EX R2 roll-off that base if it's moved? Seeing clean 3PO next to dirty 3PO makes we wonder if he is too clean. He's awful yellow looking and the silver leg seems stands out more obviously than it did watching the movies imho.

Perhaps we all should have hired someone to remove R2 from the packaging and set him up on the stand so we wouldn't feel that psychological disappointment at the weight.

all these pics are killing me, I won't have mine til the end of August.

Same here. I can't afford the early processing so my last payment is on the 25th. The pictures are actually getting me hyped up again. I can't wait I'm so glad SSC took there time and did these guys right. Also I'm betting with the dent on 3po head was supposed to be the reg and the one without is the ex and they just got mixed up in the painting process. I'm hoping mine has the dent. :yess:

Same here. I can't afford the early processing so my last payment is on the 25th. The pictures are actually getting me hyped up again. I can't wait I'm so glad SSC took there time and did these guys right. Also I'm betting with the dent on 3po head was supposed to be the reg and the one without is the ex and they just got mixed up in the painting process. I'm hoping mine has the dent. :yess:

My c3 has a dent. It looks great. You won't be disappointed man. They will look amazing on your shelf.

Also I'm betting with the dent on 3po head was supposed to be the reg and the one without is the ex and they just got mixed up in the painting process. I'm hoping mine has the dent. :yess:

So will we see some pics of ex's with dented foreheads? That would be interesting.

Back