Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Premium Format C3PO in progress

Even when he was covered in dust, his metal still had a reflective sheen to it. It never looked satin.

If Sideshow does this piece right, it might be my first PF purchase.

robotc3powy7.jpg

You got that right:hi5:

I thought there would be more news about this one by now. I hope the finish is done properly. The GG Statue is fantastic and I hope this turns out great as I want it.

I wonder how much this will cost im thinking expensive cause both droids are being sold together i heard from sideshow.

So with the preview vid from the 12 day's of sideshow I thought to dig out this tread...
So do you guy's think R2 & 3PO are gonna be seperate pieces or a set? I personally hope they will be sold as a set with connecting bases :monkey3

So with the preview vid from the 12 day's of sideshow I thought to dig out this tread...
So do you guy's think R2 & 3PO are gonna be seperate pieces or a set? I personally hope they will be sold as a set with connecting bases :monkey3

I bet seperate. With SSC running the Throned Emperor PF, I can't see them running another heavy PF right away. I think the lighting features and moveable parts will help bulk-up the price making these guys close to the usual $299. If they lacked any special features, they'd be more like statues (neither has clothing) and I would think closer to $250 - especially R2.

I'm sure they said R2 & 3PO would be sold together. I'll see if I can find this quote.

They could be sd separately or as a set but I do want the bases to connect. I could see it as a set as r2 should be considerably cheaper.

I only want the Threepio, hopefully they are separate and Threepio is posed so he looks OK by himself.:dunno

They said in the vid they wanted to give 3PO some articulation in the arms and head so you can recreate some poses from the movie. So I think only 3PO could look good :wink1:

I btw really hope 3PO's eyes light up and also R2 has some light-up features.
And as a exclusive for 3PO they could give him the communicator from ANH :p

I'm sure they said R2 & 3PO would be sold together. I'll see if I can find this quote.

THis was their answer in Oct.

Monday, October 25th, 2010
Since C-3PO is currently in development as a Premium Format, are you planning to release him by himself or will you wait until R2-D2 is finished to release them together? I can’t imagine getting one without the other! -AND- Will C-3PO and R2-D2 be sold separately or will they be one large Premium Format?

C-3PO and R2-D2 will be sold together as a deluxe Premium Format offering, per current planning. The standard “subject to change” disclaimer applies here.

THis was their answer in Oct.

Monday, October 25th, 2010
Since C-3PO is currently in development as a Premium Format, are you planning to release him by himself or will you wait until R2-D2 is finished to release them together? I can’t imagine getting one without the other! -AND- Will C-3PO and R2-D2 be sold separately or will they be one large Premium Format?

C-3PO and R2-D2 will be sold together as a deluxe Premium Format offering, per current planning. The standard “subject to change” disclaimer applies here.

Thanks Madagat! I now know that I have to save some money to buy them :D

There not going to be cheap but does makes sense cause chances are, your not going to buy one & not the other but it will most probably work out cheaper getting them together rather than separate. Looking forward to seeing how these turn out

Back