Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Premium Format C3PO in progress

Wasn't the design for the lifesize outsourced to someone outside of Sideshow? At least that's what I remember reading. I think the PF and every other 3PO piece will turn out fine.

Now that you mention it I think you are right. It was another company or something that did it. I can still feel icruise's pain though if a 1:1 bust comes out better looking than the full 1:1 piece.

Wow so that is a MAJOR let down. I assume it would be an LSB rather than a 1:1. I guess we will find out.

I hope it's not a LSB. Been waiting on that Obi-Wan that was partially revealed a few months ago.

too bad it isn't the pf. my guess would be lsb - I can't see too many people wanting a life size bust of this guy.

If it is a lifesize bust, it may be the first with LED lights!

It's hard to tell without bigger photos, but it looks kind of like they're just recycling the head and shoulders of their life size C-3PO.

EDIT: Yep, the product info mentions Fred Barton. Well, at least I don't have to worry about this bust being better than what I already have. But the fact that it's nearly 1/10th price of the full size figure is off-putting...

It's hard to tell without bigger photos, but it looks kind of like they're just recycling the head and shoulders of their life size C-3PO.

That would be the easiest thing for them to do. Now I'm curious of the cost.

Back