Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only reason I would bite is because I am scared of SS messing the paint up on the reg. Otherwise I think the reg is better in just about every way.

I don't fear them screwing up the distressing ....just the metallic paint in general.

Sideshow have shown (with the latest Terminator fiasco) that they won't stand behind their products when they are at fault.

I really don't want to pay $800+ (counting shipping) and find paint peeling off in 6 months time....

Sideshow have shown (with the latest Terminator fiasco) that they won't stand behind their products when they are at fault.

I don't follow the Terminator license. What is the fiasco that you speak of?

I don't fear them screwing up the distressing ....just the metallic paint in general.

I really don't want to pay $800+ (counting shipping) and find paint peeling off in 6 months time....

What's the Terminator fiasco?

And I'm with Josh -- no way I'll give up my EX RWOS PF for these 2.

lets see, TWO of the most iconic characters in movie history, with light up and reproduced in such fine detail for the first time...

vs

a bunch of rag cloth on a horse....

tough choice indeed...

kidding..collect what you like :clap

Like most people on this thread I missed the ex pre order due to the fact that no time was given as to when it would go down. On the wl but don't think it will activate as I'm a few hours in. Just thinking of canceling it and getting the reg version later down the road not from SS but somewhere with cheaper shipping and willing to mark down for import duties (hate fedex for that). Anyone cancel their wl yet and stick with the reg?

I was about 5 hours in after it was sold out. Hope it will convert. But just in case i will order the regular from a local retailer.... Althought I'm not really a big fan of the weathered look... I will still keep the waitlist though, as you never know it may convert if Sideshow decide to increase the edition size for the ex.

I'm about four or five hours in too. Wonder if it would convert or is it wishful thinking. Still not sure if I like the reg or the ex see SS after a day I can't decide how can you make us choice after one hour:dunno

I would have thought that the weathered version would make more sense for the EX and the clean version for the reg. I would think it would be cheaper and easier to make the clean ones.

I don't follow the Terminator license. What is the fiasco that you speak of?

The "leather" of the Terminator PF jacket was sticking to his wrist and the back of his neck and tearing the paint off. It happened months after it was shipped and IIRC Sideshow wasn't allowing exchanges or refunds.

I didn't order the piece, that's just what I remember from lurking in the thread.

Did you order the EX? If so I would be interested in R2

No, missed it. I guess I could go wait list, but with the NRD on this one, not sure this list will convert like other normal SSC stuff. People cancel and they're out nearly $80.

I was trying not to let the exclusivity of the EX sway my decision. I had to take a step back and make a decision based upon my preferred look. The single base won my heart and so did the weathered look. I won't sweat not getting the EX even though I could have had it.

The "leather" of the Terminator PF jacket was sticking to his wrist and the back of his neck and tearing the paint off. It happened months after it was shipped and IIRC Sideshow wasn't allowing exchanges or refunds.

I didn't order the piece, that's just what I remember from lurking in the thread.

Sure that wasn't the Raiders Indy PF...the jacket was stuck to the wrist on mine and others. Did the Terminator PF have the same issues? I need to check mine then.

Like most people on this thread I missed the ex pre order due to the fact that no time was given as to when it would go down. On the wl but don't think it will activate as I'm a few hours in. Just thinking of canceling it and getting the reg version later down the road not from SS but somewhere with cheaper shipping and willing to mark down for import duties (hate fedex for that). Anyone cancel their wl yet and stick with the reg?

I was about to cancel, but someone in here stepped in to buy it off of me.
Still though, as of now, no NRD has been charged.

Back