Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this the first edition size listed as TBA to sell out in a few hours? I thought if the edition was TBA they give a week or so to so how many to make. Seems strange. I guess already knew the edition size.

:goodpost: exactly. Im normally not like this at all. But this time **** SS. :mad: sorry people for being so angry. But this is how I feel right now.

I don't follow the Terminator license. What is the fiasco that you speak of?

What's the Terminator fiasco?

Yes do tell. I do not know of this terminator fiasco either

I have no idea.

The 'leather' jacket is made of a material that gets sticky.
Problems began to show up a month or so after purchase with the sticky jacket taking paint off the arm, neck and even the guns where it touched. Some people even noticed that it was stuck tot he inside of the foam box when they first removed the figure.

Despite it being obviously a production fault that is 100% their fault, Sideshow has hid behind their '30 day return policy' and eventually, is offering a refund but telling customers they won't pay return shipping ....which pretty much means no international customer is going to be able to ship it back.

Even worse is faults that happen down the line....the glue used on the Raiders Indy jacket PF began to degrade the jacket itself 1+ year after purchase ...to that Sideshow just said bad luck.

And they have had problems with metallic paints before, on things such as the Iron man busts ...although I'm hazier there on the exact issues.

All taken together, I'm looking at C3P0's awesome gold paint and feeling a little trepidation.

I would be surprised if they didn't use the same technique that they used for the life sized C-3PO figure and busts, which is to chrome the figure and then paint over that for the weathering. This is different from what they did for the Iron Man stuff that has been so problematic. I'm not all that concerned about the long-term durability, but I am a little concerned about how good the production paint will look.

Do you think the EX 3PO is chromed and the reg just gold painted? Hence the extra $25? I imagine the cost difference between the 2 bases vs 1 sandy base is not that much.

Sold out? I'm not seeing that. Was there an Ex version for the IM VII LSB? Cause I see an "add to cart" button on the page.

The Mark VII isn't sold out and won't be. I guarantee the bust will be available long after SDCC.

Thanks for the Info.

That is verification that SS is not sending emails to everyone. Maybe people who are getting the emails are on a special list or something. Or maybe SS isn't interested in sell statues anymore.

Either way this whole SSDC has been a complete disaster for SS. They need to get it together. Maybe not enough competition is making them lazy.

what do you mean the im bust is now soldout? :slap

Really people ? It was a joke...I guess people are testy since missing out :slap :slap

Do you think the EX 3PO is chromed and the reg just gold painted? Hence the extra $25? I imagine the cost difference between the 2 bases vs 1 sandy base is not that much.

I would be shocked if they didn't use the same process for both versions, just without the heavy weathering for the EX version. Lots of people didn't realize that the life-sized C-3PO figure is fully chromed underneath the weathering, but it is. It's very difficult to get the right look without a real layer of chrome underneath.

Even though you might think that making the weathered version would actually be more expensive due to the additional step of weathering, I don't think that's really the case. You can't get a good looking finish just with chrome -- it still requires shading and painting to some degree, so both versions probably require a similar amount of work. If the increase in price is actually tied to a real-world increase in price and isn't just a fee for that gold "exclusive" sticker, I'd say you're paying for the two separate bases and wiring.

No iPhone here either. :( I work minium wage at mc donalds. It was busy I had no lunch time. And someone call out sick so I had to do a double. Not even time to go to the bathroom. So can't afford a iPhone.

If you're looking for a new job, I suggest applying to the store I work for. Not sure what part of MD you're in, but you can apply for the closest location to you.

I was laid off my full time job working for an entertainment corporation last year due to cut backs and job relocations. The layoffs extended across several different offices in several states. It was pretty vicious. I can't afford as much as I could last year, but thank God I had a PT job to rely on while I'm back in the job market. It definitely isn't the best but certainly pays more than minimum wage and allows me to save for the SS stuff I want. I just had to stop back-collecting statues that came out before I started collecting and focus on new statues I could save up for. I can't give any guarantees but I know they are hiring and pay more than you make now.

Btw, I don't want to give all my info out to everyone but ironically enough I work in a place that sells iPhones...I can definitely say not everyone has an iPhone because I see it daily. Many of our customers don't. And given the type of work, I obviously can't use my phone while working without getting in trouble, and there isn't anywhere to sneak away to. It is what it is, just unfortunate for me and people in similar situations. That is all.

this whole droid fiasco has put me off them a bit....
think ill cancel my waitlist...
might opt for the gg c3po statue instead... heaps cheaper...

As someone who had the GG statue in the past, I would say it doesn't come close to this. It's gold plated, but they didn't do any other shading or painting, so to me it looks like a piece of cheap gold jewelry. It's also very small compared to this (or even compared to other 1/6 scale items) and just doesn't look right overall.

The Attakus C-3PO is better, but they made the mistake of using gold paint rather than chrome, and the pose is kind of weird.

If they can get the production piece close to the proto, the PF will be the definitive C-3PO statue.

the kotobukiya droids set is pretty good, esp at its price point. great chroming on threepio and overall a decent sculpt. i have the droids on my desk at work (among other items) and colleagues always stop by to play with em.

The 'leather' jacket is made of a material that gets sticky.
Problems began to show up a month or so after purchase with the sticky jacket taking paint off the arm, neck and even the guns where it touched. Some people even noticed that it was stuck tot he inside of the foam box when they first removed the figure.

Despite it being obviously a production fault that is 100% their fault, Sideshow has hid behind their '30 day return policy' and eventually, is offering a refund but telling customers they won't pay return shipping ....which pretty much means no international customer is going to be able to ship it back.

Even worse is faults that happen down the line....the glue used on the Raiders Indy jacket PF began to degrade the jacket itself 1+ year after purchase ...to that Sideshow just said bad luck.

And they have had problems with metallic paints before, on things such as the Iron man busts ...although I'm hazier there on the exact issues.

All taken together, I'm looking at C3P0's awesome gold paint and feeling a little trepidation.

I thought HT quality/deterioration issues were bad enough on $180-$250 items. These stories are pretty disturbing in the context of the prices that PF goes for. I mean "premium" is part of the name.

I definitely prefer the regular version over the exclusive. They both look fantastic! But my childhood fondness for these droids mainly stems from Tatooine, so the weathered look and sandy base is the winner for me. Great job, Sideshow!

And Leia was crouched down in front of him, not standing upright with a blaster and her hand on her hip.

I just like the idea of having the two of them together for some reason.

Yeah but you could get the Reg version and still have them both together but more film accurate ;).

I know why you like the idea

Leia_Maquette-animated-l.jpg

Back