Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Mark VII isn't sold out and won't be. I guarantee the bust will be available long after SDCC.

Who could order anything SSC IM related after all the previous fiascos? Sorry to bash so much on SS, but history has proven they can't pull off an IM piece without some sort of production issues.

I know the droids are reversed from that one famous promotional shot but for those going to CVI you can have Daniels and Baker sign these two Official Pix photos to display behind the PF's.

SW-1211.jpg
SW-1204.jpg

Are you getting anything signed, Khev?
If so, what size?

I'm thinking 16x20 on the images below, so there's enough room for the two to stand and see the autographs in the background.

Also, I was originally looking at having this one signed -
EP4_KEY_63_R.jpg

But with the EX, I would LOVE to get this as a photo. I have the puzzle & box from when I was a kid, but the box is beat up pretty good (guess I could get the puzzle autographed..:lol) -
51D%2BfS--oML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

If I were to get $600 for my Ex. C-3P0 I'd be over the moon. That would also pay for a Regular set.

BTW, question for those familiar with AlterEgoComics... I know they don't charge for orders until they ship, but don't they do a credit authorization for the full amount when you place the order (which falls off within 24-48 hrs)? Anyone know?
I would have ordered if I thought I could have got that much for the annoying gold droid.

The e-mail for the IM bust was already sent and is now sold out.

Thanks for the Info.

That is verification that SS is not sending emails to everyone. Maybe people who are getting the emails are on a special list or something. Or maybe SS isn't interested in sell statues anymore.

Either way this whole SSDC has been a complete disaster for SS. They need to get it together. Maybe not enough competition is making them lazy.

Thanks for the Info.

That is verification that SS is not sending emails to everyone. Maybe people who are getting the emails are on a special list or something. Or maybe SS isn't interested in sell statues anymore.

Either way this whole SSDC has been a complete disaster for SS. They need to get it together. Maybe not enough competition is making them lazy.

For many people they don't get emails immediately when they get sent out. In those cases it's due to the email service people use rather than Sideshow themselves.

Personally I miss the days for PPO's when Sideshows servers would explode as soon as it went live. Even if you were there the second it dropped there was no guarantee you would get anything. Memories...

It is not like there is much mystery as to when Sideshow puts up new products everyday. It is around 1 eastern each day so far so just check the site a little after 1 to see if there is something that day you want.

Pretty sure these have been known to be a duo for a year and the price really isn't bad when you look at you're geting TWO 1:4 items in a set. :)
Yeah but then you get stuck with some crappy gold droid.

Pretty sure these have been known to be a duo for a year and the price really isn't bad when you look at you're geting TWO 1:4 items in a set. :)

R2 is like half the size of a normal PF character. Even 3P0 is smaller than most PFs. Perhaps it's the detail, added articulation and electronics that pushed the price of these to more than the average PFs which are bigger? Maybe... but I hardly look at the sticker price on these and think "what a great price". particularly since I never wanted it as a forced set.

And until these went up for pre-order yesterday, I was always under the impression that we'd get the option to order them separately.

C-3P0 is iconic. But the character annoys me. Always has. Conversely, R2 is my favorite... and I have a huge collection of R2 stuff (including 2, going on 3, lifesize R/C R2 droids of my own). It really sucks that some of us are pretty much forced to buy a $400 C-3P0 PF just to get the $300 R2 PF. Bad form.

R2 is like half the size of a normal PF character. Even 3P0 is smaller than most PFs. Perhaps it's the detail, added articulation and electronics that pushed the price of these to more than the average PFs which are bigger? Maybe... but I hardly look at the sticker price on these and think "what a great price". particularly since I never wanted it as a forced set.

And until these went up for pre-order yesterday, I was always under the impression that we'd get the option to order them separately.

C-3P0 is iconic. But the character annoys me. Always has. Conversely, R2 is my favorite... and I have a huge collection of R2 stuff (including 2, going on 3, lifesize R/C R2 droids of my own). It really sucks that some of us are pretty much forced to buy a $400 C-3P0 PF just to get the $300 R2 PF. Bad form.

Well, they're pretty good size in person, electronics, and being a pair the price didn't shock me. It's actually $50 less than I thought with all that they have. I've been under the impression since last sdcc they would be a pair so again I wasn't shocked.

I get not everyone likes 3PO. Heck, I don't like him a ton but I would buy the set happily if I could but I will wait for their 1:6th counter parts.

Ideally, I would have liked to have seen only weathered droids with the desert base, with the EX including an additional set of two separate Death Star bases for a split display option. The EX should give you more options, not force you to choose.

However, I will take the shiny versions if that's what it takes to get separate bases instead of one giant base that won't fit in a Detolf or shelf with the rest of my Star Wars PF collection. That single base would force the droids to be on display away from the rest and I don't want that. I want a museum like feel with each character on its own base and each base fitting on my existing shelves. So the EX is 100% the way to go for me. I don't care how great the desert base looks if it sticks out two inches past the edge of the shelf.

1. People get to preorder = "..Sideshow is great, all is peachy, the system is perfect!!! "

2. Missed a pre-order =
A. "System is flawed!"
B. " Sideshow doesn't care about anyone!! "
C. " Sideshow don't want to sell"
D. " Everything sucks.."
E. " Blah blah blah.."

Oh, and the over-used " Some of us have a life/work/kids/duties/responsibiliblahblahblah..", like if whoever did get a preorder is an unemployed hermit bum.

As for people who want just one - I agree, it would have been nice if the droids were released as two separate figures. But even with that, people would complain they don't have a one-piece base to display them together. Can't please everyone.
However, I am sure that the shiny droids will be sold by whoever wants just one, and probably you will be able to find the others as well, maybe even with a custom base.

I pretty much just want C-3P0, but since the regular comes together, that's out as an option.

Back