Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi folks!

I've been watching a lot of videos of the C-3PO/R2-D2 PF, and I've been noticing that unlike my C-3PO's head, all the others have the dent on their heads. Does anyone know why mine doesn't have one? I'm attaching a pic of mine, for reference. My guess is that they ran out of the regular heads and weatherized an Exclusive head for mine?

Thanks in advance.

photo-6.JPG

There are several members here who have reported getting the weathered headsculpt without the dent. I don't know why it's like that, but it seems to be rare.

Correct me if I'm wrong but there are times when he is weathered before and after dent.

There are several members here who have reported getting the weathered headsculpt without the dent. I don't know why it's like that, but it seems to be rare.

Thanks for the reply, @Centurion. I should feel lucky to have a rare one, then :)

Yeah, I was hoping to learn about the logic behind this phenomenon. Because it will be interesting to know that SSC purposely threw non-dented ones in the mix, to reflect the events of this duo in around the attacks, etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong but there are times when he is weathered before and after dent.

I think you're correct. And IMHO, it would have made more sense to have had the Exclusive version with two faces, one with the dents and one without; as opposed to the freshly polished C-3PO and a freshly overhauled and looking better-than-new R2-D2 version. And then they could have sold the latter version as a fixed number edition.

I've been posting to the "PF Capt. Rex" thread re: that, and some of the fellow freaks were kind enough to reply with their photos, or shots from TV appearances or videos. But, it's challenging, because the lighting of those shots can trick the eye.

Shockingly, SSC had the PF Rex available for few hours the other day, and I was going to get it, thinking that the restocked ones ware probably different. But I missed the chance because it got sold out in matter of hours.

Great review DarthChris. :) You'd think that Sideshow could have just made the restraining bolt a fixed piece and then used that as the light switch instead of having the remove the face plate.

I've just bought these 2 myself from a member on here. Hoping to have them both sometime this week.

Back