C-3PO Life Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: C-3PO Life Size Bust up for preorder

Love it, ordered it, cant live whitout it - screw the two bust im missing : Bobba Fett and Boosk gotta have this...so great...got the Gammorean Guard arrived today and its amazing tooo....

Great Sideshow but why that crappy expensive FedEx shipping.....The old shipping company was great..........

I love it too. And If I had the cash to spare I'd get it. I have to remember the Boba Fett bust and leave it at that. But Lifesize busts from SW:ANH is my preference(and Boba of course.) and until I am able to sit down with a C-3PO head from the Archives and this bust to find anything wrong, it looks perfect.

The fact they make a life-size metal robot out of polystone instead of actual metal exemplifies how lame these busts are. You should use non-actual materials when miniatures cannot capture fine detail with the originals. This and Boba Fett both are absurd.

:goodpost:

But this would probably make the piece more expensive. The more assembly required the more cost goes up.

Honestly it looks amazing from the photos. Hard to tell it's polystone, but definitely understand the gripes there. Replica enthusiast peeps always want what was closet to the real thing as possible. Can't fault anyone for that!

the 1:1 t-800 endoskull bust was made primarily out of polystone and that turned out fine. 10 out of 10 houseguests who view mine think it's made out of solid steel. :D

the really important factors are the sculpt and the paint app. to me this threepio sculpt is slightly off but not a deal breaker. i'm most concerned about the paint finish though. we all know sideshow's spotty track record when it comes to paint. cough-cough-ironmanbust-cough... ahem.

Yep, metal isn't necessary if it can be replicated to look like it is supposed to with paint or chroming.

Assuming they are doing it the same way as the full sized figure, it has a very thin layer of chromed metal over which paint is applied. I think that's pretty much the same way the endoskull/skeletons were done.

They're not going to chrome these. That's just a new gold paint process coating it.

How do you know that?

You can tell just by looking at it, particularly the face. Well, that and some inside skinny. :lol Pretty sure this will be much the same as the INDY Idol, just a different tone.

The finish does look a lot better than the 1:1 3P0, though. At least on this prototype.

Irish, I thought the Indy idol was chromed. Or did you mean the new 1:4 ark?

ugh, if the gold finish is anything like the 1:4 ark then that's a total deal breaker. the ark looks cheap. threepio should be chromed in gold. then given a "dirty" sheen. that matt gold paint just ain't gonna cut it.

Well there was no doubt to pre-order this golden guy. I love it. This will be one of my favorites in my Star Wars Collection wich is growing well.

The bust looks really cool even if not 100% accurate. Hopefully my girlfriend will never see this bust, she is not a big SW fan but she likes the droids. If she sees it I might have to buy her one. :D I got my Koto droids set from her and can't get rid of them even with my Imperial focus - though I'm going to move them to the PC room LOL

Looks good to me! :yess:

IMG_0550.JPG

IMG_0551.JPG

Great pics of C3PO! Looking good so far!

Glad I pre-ordered too.... Wanted that full life size one but ummmm.. yea... then I'd have to get R2 and then there goes 12K from my house fund...
the paint doesnt look bad at all.

Yeah I'm also glad for pre-order the golden guy. He looks great and i think they worked a bit on the dirty-look

Back