C-3PO Life Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: C-3PO Life Size Bust up for preorder

I'd like to get this, but I'm not sure if I want to spend that much. I'm going to wait and see what else will be revealed over the next few weeks.

If I do get one I'll probably display him with his head facing slightly to the left, like in the 3rd pic. Seems to look better at an angle than straight on.

Pretty tired of all these statues and busts that sideshow is churning out for this years SDCC. Only one 1/6 figure. BOOOOORING

Just wondering, I never heard about the problems with the lifesize statue. Is there a place that shows them? I've used the search but I'm not getting anything.

BUY NOW!!!!!

SEE THREEPIO life-size bust
<a class="affiliatestyle"

Just wondering, I never heard about the problems with the lifesize statue. Is there a place that shows them? I've used the search but I'm not getting anything.

I wrote a review for Michael Crawford's website a while back. It's a little more positive than I would be if I wrote it now, since I and others have had quality control issues with this and the R2, but for the most part I stand by it. It mentions the accuracy issues, and there are some comparison photos at the very bottom, which I will repost here. You can see that the sideshow version on the right has eyes that seem considerably bigger because of their wide rims, and that the number of indentations on the "halo" around his head is not correct. Both of these issues seem to be present in the bust version as well, although they aren't as obvious in Sideshow's pictures.

review_lifesizec3po_18.jpg

I will say that the finish on their prototype bust looks fantastic in those pictures -- much better than my full sized figure. I think they overdid the weathering on most of the life sized droids. I'm not sure if it's just because they had a great lighting setup for taking the photos, or if the finish is actually different.

...and the nose area is too big and the lines are not sharp, and he has a fat face, and the head is not tall enough. Maybe they should call it C4PO, C3PO's lost brother. Looks kinda like him but not really.

Fred Barton is a hack when it comes to the Star Wars robots. Even with direct access to the Lucasfilm props his stuff is inaccurate. There are Droid Builders out there who scratch-build stuff 100x better and more accurate than his... and most of them would have consulted with Sideshow for free, just out of love for the hobbies and these characters.

Such a shame.

I still like it and will be getting this bust. The only thing that bothers me is that gray neck area.

Looks ridiculous. Aside from the fact that it doesn't translate well into a bust, the helmet is just such a poor replication.

Backstage Pass is up and it shows the restraining bolt as well.

<object width="400" height="225"><param name="movie" value="https://www.sideshowtoy.com/media/swf/generic-flv-player-no-auto.swf?videoFile=/media/flv/general/1741340580-SW_C-3PO_LfSB_BSP.flv"></param><embed src="https://www.sideshowtoy.com/media/swf/generic-flv-player-no-auto.swf?videoFile=/media/flv/general/1741340580-SW_C-3PO_LfSB_BSP.flv" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="400" height="225"></embed></object>

I don't understand how you get C-3PO so wrong. It would seem like the robots would be easier than a human likeness.

Looks ridiculous. Aside from the fact that it doesn't translate well into a bust, the helmet is just such a poor replication.

+1...I am really surprised any star wars fan would want this.

Back