Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, luv those headsculpts vialli, they are very cool and very well done. Is that just a repainted vaquez head or a whole new sculpt? Cuz I know the original Vasquez looks a whole lot better with a repaint, I just don't have those skills unfortunately. I checked out the others and that Dillon, Mac and Blain are just awesome. Wish I had some of those to join my Dutch and Billy squaring off against my P1 on my shelf.

There is a Blaine available thru Lonnie/HeroHeads/TK570 and one that also pops up painted on a G3.5 on ebay.
Mac and Dillon have both been very well done by Bill Kern [aka PoppoToys] Mac comes regular or screaming and Dillon comes with or without hat.

Wow, luv those headsculpts vialli, they are very cool and very well done. Is that just a repainted vaquez head or a whole new sculpt? Cuz I know the original Vasquez looks a whole lot better with a repaint, I just don't have those skills unfortunately. I checked out the others and that Dillon, Mac and Blain are just awesome. Wish I had some of those to join my Dutch and Billy squaring off against my P1 on my shelf.

Thanks! Vasquez is a repaint. You can get some of these heads, like Blain. I think Dillon and Mac is more difficult today. :slap

There is a Blaine available thru Lonnie/HeroHeads/TK570 and one that also pops up painted on a G3.5 on ebay.
Mac and Dillon have both been very well done by Bill Kern [aka PoppoToys] Mac comes regular or screaming and Dillon comes with or without hat.

Exactly, but I think Bill hasn't done more since a long time ago.

Is Bill Kern still making headsculpts? Cuz it looks like he did some good stuff. He doesn't have anything up on the bay right now.

I found an unpainted Dillon on ebay but I would need finished pieces cuz I am no customizer, far from it in fact. I couldn't find any of Mac, regular or screaming, or a Dillon w/hat.

Is Bill Kern still making headsculpts? Cuz it looks like he did some good stuff. He doesn't have anything up on the bay right now.

I found an unpainted Dillon on ebay but I would need finished pieces cuz I am no customizer, far from it in fact. I couldn't find any of Mac, regular or screaming, or a Dillon w/hat.

Yes, his work was very good. And at the costs that some sculptors are charging it was relatively a steal to get them. He also did Donovan and tyler froom "V", Keith David and Rioddy Piper from They Live! , John Saxon from Enter the Dragon and Planet Earth , Brion James from Blade Runner , Michael Dudikoff and Steve James from American Ninja.
If he If they aren't on the bay I'll try and comtact him and tell him there is some interest and maybe he'll post some more. I know he had pulled back a bit due to some 1:1 stuff going on.
He had also done a Richard Chaves "Poncho" sculpt now that I think of it.
Here's a few pix if you haven't seen them.

Those are some incredible sculpts, thanks for sharing them Ironman. Hopefully Bill will make some more available again some time cuz I would luv to get them.

Still have this head available if anyone needs. I'd rather it go to someone on the forum if it could.
$40 shipped
Aponecustom.jpg

I would totally buy that from you Iron if I had the cash:monkey2. I have always wanted to get new headsculpts for my Marines.:gah:

Guys,
I'm searching for good pictures of Drake's smart gun, and more specifically pictures of the necklace.

Someone can help me?
thanks

Have you tried the search function within this thread? There may be some good shots in here somewhere in all these pages.

I'm a little late to the party here.

Just put together my Drake HT figure and I still think it's an amazing figure, even though the sculpt isn't on par with HT's modern day offerings.

Having said that, can anyone tell me where you put the spare "Clips" for the smart gun? or the small tracker that he comes with?

I'm a little late to the party here.

Just put together my Drake HT figure and I still think it's an amazing figure, even though the sculpt isn't on par with HT's modern day offerings.

Having said that, can anyone tell me where you put the spare "Clips" for the smart gun? or the small tracker that he comes with?

Hot Toys gave Drake (and Vasquez too, I think) the locator and "belt tool", but they didn't actually use them in the movie. The so called belt tool is very similar to the DV9 battery that powered their smart guns (as seen in the movie), which was actually made from the same toy "popgun" used for the props. Vasquez did produce "spares" after Gorman ordered Apone to collect magazines, but the ones that come with the figures were not the same thing. Compare it to the DV9 battery that's connected to Drake's smart gun to see the similarity.

On the other hand, many of the other Marines had the belt tools clipped to the front of their web belts. You can clearly see shots where Hudson has one or two clipped to his belt in the movie. If you have any other Colonial Marine figures (except for Vasquez), then you could give them the one you got with Drake. That's what I did anyway.

The locator was used by Ripley to track the PDT (personal data transmitter) she got from Hicks and then gave to Newt. I just put it in a safe place with the rest of the gear Hot Toys supplied, but was not used by the characters in the movie, like the HK VP70 pistols & holsters or the M9 combat knives that nobody used in the movie!

Nothing at all wrong with having spare equipment on hand. If you add any more Marines to your collection then you'll have some extra gear to kit-bash with. This may be more info than you were looking for, but I hope it helps. :D

Guys,
I'm searching for good pictures of Drake's smart gun, and more specifically pictures of the necklace.

Someone can help me?
thanks

Here's one of the best shots of Drake's necklace you're ever likely to find. It's a high res pic but I'm having trouble copying it to this post. I'll try to fix it and update with a close-up of just the necklace later on. Anyway, hope it helps. I have some pretty good pics of Drake's M56 somewhere... if I manage to find them I'll post them for you too.

DrakesJujuNecklace.png

"Necklace" had me thinking of personal accessory, not gun accessory! So you want a pic of the beads & feather hanging from the muzzle of his SG then... I do have a pic of that somewhere as well. Again, please be patient though, as I have a lot of Aliens pics to sift through which have not been organized yet. I'll post them here or provide a link as soon as they turn up.

Back