Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well, can’t say that it’s perfect and stunning, but I’m quite satisfied with the result. I could give much more time to make it more authentic inside, but really can’t see any reason for that, coz anyway the lock-pick would be displayed on the figure in the closed condition.

Last edited:
Anybody tried porting over their marines to the new Hot Toys muscle body?

I've strongly considered trying to switch out the arms with my Hicks, but none of the existing heads are neckless, so unless they're heavily modded to have the neck removed and an adapter added, that sort of mod will have to be employed--regular True Type chest with muscular arms.

Bravo! :clap Even tho it's not accurate still looks good and complements the character.
Thanks, bro! Pretty important detail, but not too important to make it as it was. I'm crazy, but not fanatic crazy.

Damn V, your attention to detail is truly insane!

for-science-dr-insano-doctor-nostalgia-critic-that-guy-with-demotivational-poster-1274272750.jpg

Dear V:
I am jealous.
Sincerely cplhicks.
P.s I hate you :(
Oh. Looks like another Pyramid Head letter from Dark Passenger... :monkey1 Thanks anyway!

Anybody tried porting over their marines to the new Hot Toys muscle body?
karamazov80 already answered pretty well. It's not an option to put USCM on the new muscular's, but you really can switch the old arms on the muscular ones in the torso area. It's very expensive and for me - not worthing it. I think that the new elbow joints are not so far from the old ones, but you can bend it only for 90o, so you won't be able to pose your figure with the rifle raised up, like I have my Hicks displayed. The new Advanced bodies is my choice.

OOOWW MY WORD!! this is a chuffing great thread and its gonna take weeks to look through but I cant wait.....

Here are some of my marines in progress :)

colonialmarines-121.jpg

colonialmarines-130.jpg

colonialmarines-125.jpg

Wow Dorgs, very impressive, and I can only imagine how fun it was to put all those Marines together. If you ever find yourself with any extras of the stuff you casted I would luv to get some from you, thanks. I am so jealous, I always wanted to cobble together some more Marines to add to my collection. I especially wanted to put together a Cpl. Dietrich and Cpl. Ferro, since that was my rank when I was in the military and I was a medic. Silly, I know, but I also thought that Ferro seemed like she was just so kick-ass and I would have loved to have seen her get more screen time. I also wanted to put together a Pvt. Frost since I thought he would have gone along really good with Hicks and Hudson. The only thing I ever did though was get one of the Sideshow Frank Black/Lance Henriksen figs to go along with my squad. I just wish I had a jumpsuit for him like the one he wore in the film.

Ahhhh with you alllll the way. I am just making Hicks, Hudson, vas and drake at the mo. plus some custom marines. But I definately want to do some more from the film when I get a bit better at them. Every one I do I try to refine. As for spare parts no worries I am sure I can sort you out mate :)

Ahhhh with you alllll the way. I am just making Hicks, Hudson, vas and drake at the mo. plus some custom marines. But I definately want to do some more from the film when I get a bit better at them. Every one I do I try to refine. As for spare parts no worries I am sure I can sort you out mate :)

:duff Thanks Dorg, just let me know. IMO, if you get better with every one you do, then it looks to me like you have made hundreds of these custom suckers.:bow You got some seriously great talent Dorg. Thanks for sharing your pix too.

Still making all those unnecessarily add-ons. :D
And yes, I know that the bloody bandage is not movie accurate, but really - I can't stand looking at this ugly joint on the figure with this level of details.
The little custom chest bag is made of leather.

Should say that my Hicks is ready now. oO At last! :yess:
As Drake and Vasq are ready too.
So I need to paint custom head for Apone now and find and paint some fine new head for Hudson...

Back