Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, here we go, some shots of unpainted Hudson by Snyder-man.
Click to enlarge.

And it look like the helmet is not an option for this head at all (unless you would like to cut the lining from the inside of it). :(

You can try to re-sculpt hair to make something like that:

174742574.jpg

Or took off the lining from the inside of the helmet. Anyway, in this case the helmet would dangle little bit on the head, so you'll need to put some kind of wadding to head's temples from the inside.

I should say that it's very nice head (I like the correct neck and the haircut), but two things are confuses me:
1) It looks like it's too oblong straight up. Hudson is pretty round faced person, and the face looks quite right, but too oblong.
2) Can't use it with helmet as it is (you need to mod helmet or head). Very pity for me, coz Hudson has the most remarkable helmet of them all. I will mod the helmet, it's easier.

Anyway, I'm happy to get this head. So far it's the best Hudson to get.
I'll see what my artist would be able to do with that.
Maybe we'll re-sculpt his haircut in the front area.

And also I've got Snyder's Hicks with this head (thank you very much, Tom!) and I'm very impressed with this one! Extremely good.

Last edited:
Maybe the length of neck caused by the Advanced body that I've used. But don't think so, coz Hicks looks OK on this body. I think that this long neck is really quite accurate to the Hudsons anatomy.

probably the best custom I've seen of him
Thanks, bro! ^_^'

I don't get the comparison to Les' version as his wasn't an original sculpt, but a customizing of an existing head.
PoppoToys did a Hudson years ago for Chris [RIP] while he was still in business that was original.
I don't see Hudson in this sculpt. Its reminiscent of Paxton but I just don't think Hudson when I look at it.
There's no denying he's a decent sculptor but this is in the realm of his Good Guys Wear Black Norris. On that Chuck's hair was parted wrong and came off making him look more like Christopher Stone.
Maybe once painted it will bring the likeness out more.

Ironman1188,
There are 2 reasons for FML head comparison:
1) The original HT Hudson have NOTHING from the Paxton.
2) From custom heads I have only FML's one. )))
So it's not the main shots for you, just some bonus comparison. ;) Take it easy.
Also, I don't think that I will be able to show you this exact one painted, coz I will order re-sculpting job.

Unless you would like to re-sculpt hair to make something like that:

174742574.jpg

I should say that it's very nice head (I like the correct neck and the haircut), but two things are confuses me:
1) It looks like it's too oblong straight up. Hudson is pretty round faced person, and the face looks quite right, but too oblong.
2) Can't use it with helmet. Very pity for me, coz Hudson has the most remarkable helmet of them all.

Anyway, I'm happy to get this head. So far it's the best Hudson to get.
I'll see what my artist would be able to do with that.
Maybe we'll re-sculpt his haircut in the front area.

And also I've got Snyder's Hicks with this head (thank you very much, Tom!) and I'm very impressed with this one! Extremely good.

If you look at this picture and consider that his hair is wet and matted down you can see that the overall shape of his head is oval, not round. The spiked hair in the Snyderman sculpt makes the head look longer from top to bottom, but looks accurate compared to this picture and others in terms of size and proportion. If you aren't happy with the helmet not fitting I would ask Snyderman if he would consider offering the Paxton sculpt with the hair matted down. They seem open to doing things like this. If you have someone else redo the hair they might feel justified in recasting it, which is not cool.

If you have someone else redo the hair they might feel justified in recasting it
No, they won't. They are very good friends of mine, artists themselves and they give a huge respect to someone else's work. We've already got through many painting and sculpting jobs and there were no troubles. I've already discussed it with Tom and there is nothing to be worry about. No evil Russia ca-pi-ta-lists would still that one. :D

Snyder told me that this one is the only Paxton for this moment and I'm quite happy with that.

Anyway, back to the head.
https://celebritywonder.ugo.com/wp/Bill_Paxton_in_Big_Love_Wallpaper_5_800.jpg
Yes, your words are reasonable, but chin still looks too sharp for me.
Anyway, it would be cool to see this head with some different hair (and I'm quite sure that the good paint job would bring more Paxton into it). Maybe Snyder would like so much and decide to make the second run with wet hair.

I don't get the comparison to Les' version as his wasn't an original sculpt, but a customizing of an existing head.
PoppoToys did a Hudson years ago for Chris [RIP] while he was still in business that was original.
I don't see Hudson in this sculpt. Its reminiscent of Paxton but I just don't think Hudson when I look at it.
There's no denying he's a decent sculptor but this is in the realm of his Good Guys Wear Black Norris. On that Chuck's hair was parted wrong and came off making him look more like Christopher Stone.
Maybe once painted it will bring the likeness out more.

I've seen several post on this board claiming that Les' Hicks and Ripley are better than Snyderman's. I think comparisons are fair if they are done with respect. My first reaction to this sculpt was the same as yours. I didn't see much Hudson, although the sculpt looked like Paxton. After watching part of the movie again I realized what was up. Most people's memories of Hudson are that he was a whining b@#$ who constantly had an expression of fear and panic on his face. On a sculpt that expression wouldn't work if you were posing your marines in a group. If I had the money I would love to put together a diorama of Hudson with the "game over" expression surround by an Alien, Predator and Terminator.
I thought most people had figured out by now that Snyder-man isn't the sculptor of these pieces. His sculptor has probably done a 1000 or more portrait sculpts. Thier studio would be the first to admit that no sculpt is perfect but the knowledge and experience they have in the area of portrait sculpts is seriously under rated. The GGWB Chuck Norris should probably be advertised as the Octagon, because the hair style more closely matches that film. I own that head but haven't decided which character to make, but that sculpt is definatly Chuck regardless of how the hair is parted.

a diorama of Hudson with the "game over" expression surround by an Alien, Predator and Terminator.

OOO, GOD, PLEASE, YES!!! *___*

wanking-daffy-.gif

PS And YES, I kinda like this Hudson and glad that I've got it. Hudson had the worst face in my USCM. Now it's fixed. Awesome!

The helmet fits him BTW, but you need to took out all the lining from the inside. Anyway, in this case the helmet would dangle a little bit on the head, so you'll need to put some kind of wadding to his temples from the inside.

Last edited:

What about Bill Kern from Poppo Toys? I don't know nothing about him from long time ago

V-Raptor, very good heads friend. I would like to see they painted :clap I thought to buy Snyder's Hudson's head, but at the end, H2C head is the best IMO.

I would luv to see this head painted up. I've never replaced any of the heads on any of my Aliens figs and since I can't paint I would never be able to get an unpainted version, but I luv seeing all the great sculpts that get posted in here. You people amaze me with your incredible talent and thank you all for sharing your amazing work too.

Do a search in the customs section for snyder-man Hicks and snyder-man Hudson. They always post pictures of thier sculpts painted in that section. The photos seldom look as good as the actual heads in person. I own several and they are really nice.

Do a search in the customs section for snyder-man Hicks and snyder-man Hudson. They always post pictures of thier sculpts painted in that section. The photos seldom look as good as the actual heads in person. I own several and they are really nice.

I have to agree. In hand they look even better. :lecture

Sorry man... what belt are you after... I made the ones for my marines and I am sure I can send you one....

is it the one in this pic...

Colonial%20marine21.jpg

Here is my Hicks:

CplHickscustom.jpg

I'm not going for full movie accuracy or anything I just wanted a Hicks figure that looked like Hicks lol.

Back