Building a 1:1 scale Good Guys Doll from Child's Play

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! Where'd you find that body?

I managed to convince Nagata to make it for me. Its the same he uses for his dolls. Perfect scale for this doll

Dude I like that idea with the silicone piping. Imma steal that idea.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Go for it. I should have taken photos of the leg pipes before i put them in the body

HOLY LIVING **** THIS IS AMAZING

Just stumbled on this thread now. Love the updates, post even more pics if you want hahaha. I'm beyond jealous. Got a link to the guys 1:1's he makes?

Hey, thanks for the love. This will be the grail of my collection once finished.

I dont have any links but here is a couple of pics of 2 dolls he has made.

muiluf.jpg

2hzoewm.jpg

They sell for around the $5000 mark. He plans on only making 2 more dolls. One for himself, the other for sale. He doesnt have any more plans to make more

Shoes turned out great by the way.

*Runs to Ebay for Good Guy laces*

Let me know how ya go with the laces. Not too sure if they are still for sale.

I have finished the body and ill upload some pictures later on.

He's going to sell one? Those dolls are perfect! No way could I fit that in the budget, but damn I want one!! :panic:

Man, sorry I've missed this thread. Incredible work on this doll... I wasn't sure how one would look, but after seeing the work so far and the Nagata pictures I'm officially creeped out :lol

And great job on the shoes, you really did a great job painting them up :rock

He's going to sell one? Those dolls are perfect! No way could I fit that in the budget, but damn I want one!! :panic:

I know. They're perfect. The price is a lot but people pay it.

Problem is, the money outlayed on the doll is pretty high. I looked into the hair myself and to get the minimum amount from the company was something ridiculous like $1000.

Man, sorry I've missed this thread. Incredible work on this doll... I wasn't sure how one would look, but after seeing the work so far and the Nagata pictures I'm officially creeped out :lol

And great job on the shoes, you really did a great job painting them up :rock

Thanks mate. I wanted to get as hands on as possible on this doll as it will be the center piece of my collection, but i just dont have the skills to produce anything near the quality of Nagata. I could be wrong, but im pretty sure he works or has done work in Hollywood.

So i decided to beg him to do parts of my doll.

By the time my doll is complete, i would say 80% would of the parts would have been done by him.

This doll is starting to kill my finances but if im gonna do this, im gonna do it right.

Here is the head.

As i said before, this is the exact same hair used in the movie. He purchased this from the same company that made the hair back in 1988

The eyes are 100% movie accurate with the star pattern

the head in cast in flesh tinted resin so it isnt painted at all

I am also getting a set of hands from him that are cast in the same way. I guess the hands i already have wont be used lol

I am extremely happy with this!!!

33f7or6.jpg

Wow, dude. Seriously. Just wow!

Body is complete. I just need to add the hands and head once i get them :)

Once again, apologies for the lighting. My theater room doesnt like photos taken in it lol

As i stated earlier, the legs have pipes in them to help the doll stand up, but the bonus is he can sit down too.

I have cable-tied the legs in place to the stuffed body (under the clothing of course) and i will be doing the same with the hands.

I'm still not 100% sure if im happy with how much stuffing i have put inside the doll. Once i get the head and the hands, ill decided whether i need to add/remove stuffing.

2hgfn68.jpg

Those hands and head can't come soon enough. Everything looks so screen accurate it's awesome.

it looks like there is a hair too much stuffing in his right arm, but that's just going off the one picture.

you're probably right. As of right now, i haven't worried too much about how much stuffing is in his arms and chest area.

The looks of those will change once i add the hands and head. Ill add and take stuffing out once i have all the parts :)

I appreciate the feedback though. I wanna try and get this as perfect as possible, so any advice is appreciated.

i got these in the mail today :D

I am extremely happy with these.

The pictures dont do this justice. The head is awesome! hair is perfect!

Ill try and get the doll finished in the next few days. Its really fiddly though, but ill try my best.

1jufbl.jpg

300sb2a.jpg

108grjm.jpg

ejal44.jpg

a4po2f.jpg

Back