Building a 1:1 scale Good Guys Doll from Child's Play

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xphilx

Super Freak
Reaction score
For as long as i can remember, I've always wanted to own a movie accurate life size Good Guys doll.

I've decided its time to make that dream a reality.....

Majority of this project will be commissioned out to other artists to make this the best/most accurate Good Guys doll i can possible make. Yes, there will probably be things that are off compared to the movie, but i'm hoping this will be very close to movie accurate.

I'm estimating this project to cost approx $1500 Australia dollars. Expensive yes, but i believe this will be well worth it.

I currently have parts of this project under way as we speak, but i'm expecting this to take many months to complete.

I plan to document as much of the process here as possible, but i'm not sure how much i will be able to document as most will be made by others and shipped to me, so the process of actually making the items i wont be able to show, but i will do the best i can.

So, we start off with the head.

This head was casts from a screen used Good guys doll. It was cast in resin which isnt movie accurate as the head in the film was cast in rubber, but over time rubber discolours so resin is a much better option. The owner of the head goes by the name Coinprop.

jqj0xw.jpg

32zlz7o.jpg

great start. I've wanted to build one of these for a while. Awesome statues in the background. I love my NECA Myers vs Loomis statue, best Myers statue available. It looks like the Creeper is hunting for Chucky's head. :lol

Next update....

Custom made good guys sweater and overall cuffs. This sweater was hand knitted by a nice lady by the name of Margret Olschewski. Its probably the closest to movie accurate as you can get. She has been working on these for along time now and has got them pretty much screen accurate.

Most people who build good guys dolls commission her to make these for them. Unfortunately as these are in demand her prices have sky rocketed. Originally she was asking $120 Aus dollars, then she was asking for $175 (which is what i paid), last i checked she was asking a whopping $350 Aust dollars. I almost fell off my chair when i saw her price doubled......

Also, i have got these custom made good guys shoe laces. I purchased these from ebay. Once again these are movie accurate. The seller owns some screen used good guys laces and these were replicated from those. The length and good guys logo match the screen used laces.

Things are coming together nicely for this project. Extremely happy so far

More updated to follow.....

2gsonm0.jpg

8ww8dg.jpg

tzm0z.jpg

Margaret does quality work but the prices for her freddy and chucky sweaters are ridiciulous, she's clearly taking advantage of the horror community.

Margaret does quality work but the prices for her freddy and chucky sweaters are ridiciulous, she's clearly taking advantage of the horror community.

I agree. As i said before, i paid $175 for it and i though that was a bit overpriced. Now shes wanting $350! ya gotta be kidding me. That's a joke. I cant fault the quality at all, its fantastic.

Problem is, if people want the sweater, they have to pay that money. I guess we need to hope someone else comes along and makes the sweaters cheaper but keeps the quality just as good.

It doesn't really affect me as i don't plan on making another doll, but i just feel for the people who want them in the future.

next update.... Hands and shoes.

Im not 100% sure of the origin of these, but i believe they both may be recasts of the medicom good guys doll.

Either way, im happy with both the hands and shoes as they are both very close to movie accurate :)

now i have the fun job of painting these.

1z1zbbm.jpg

auhyq.jpg

35mieli.jpg

mv11cy.jpg

35arrde.jpg

Congrats on the new parts. IDK why but of all the horror stuff I have, my wife says the only thing I can't get is a 1:1 good guy doll. :dunno

Where'd you get these new parts? I need to finish my burned Chucky doll one day. Maybe your project will give me inspiration...

989d41cea8d27836cafbfe69fabb4c05.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Congrats on the new parts. IDK why but of all the horror stuff I have, my wife says the only thing I can't get is a 1:1 good guy doll. :dunno

Maybe she realizes that the cost to get/make one of these is a joke LOL ;) thankfully my wife doesn't know how much this is costing me because im in-charge of the finances :p

Where'd you get these new parts? I need to finish my burned Chucky doll one day. Maybe your project will give me inspiration...

989d41cea8d27836cafbfe69fabb4c05.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I got these off ebay. The seller wont be making anymore as the molds broke. I have a spare pair of shoes if you're interested. send me a PM

Back