Build you own Falcon subscription

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just for the first 8 chapters in today and I'm so excited. I know I have a long ways to go still but what do you guys think will scale well with this Falcon for display? I was thinking of getting a couple of those Disney Diecast X-Wings. Or is there a better alternative?

Just for the first 8 chapters in today and I'm so excited. I know I have a long ways to go still but what do you guys think will scale well with this Falcon for display? I was thinking of getting a couple of those Disney Diecast X-Wings. Or is there a better alternative?

I think the die casts would be too small. If the Deagostini Falcon is around 1:43 scale I think the old AMT/Ertl X-Wing kit would match it. I'm not an expert though.

I've done 3 of the bandai Star Trek ships. If I can do those, will I be able to do this one?
I'd really like to give it a try.

Anybody build up to the most current issue with pics? I know they're nearing the end soon and I'm just curious as to how it looks like right now.

I'm up to issue 84

b83d15fb0dd6f0462d41095ef8fcd2a9.jpg

3b3e340e5a975b00e8d152b4aceff1b8.jpg

Looking beautiful,Greedo. What plastic stand do you guys have underneath, did DeAgostini give you that? Will you add more paint to it after?

Here's where I am after just finishing up issue #2:lol

14310796_1270533386331898_66738493_n.jpg

Thank you! Yes, they give you two plastic jigs. One for the top and bottom. One piece per issue somewhere along the way. Can't remember haha!

As far as paint, I'm pretty much happy with the way I have it. I'm not much of a modeler, but with my limited skills I'm satisfied with the results. I'll definitely be adding more weathering though. It'll always need more LOL

This is a good resource for digital editions of the magazines. Check it out.

https://www.scaleautofactory.com/build.php?file=starwars/deagostini/instruction.xml

Awesome link, thanks. I'll give it a look. Nice to know I'm only 2% done but seeing your pics will motivate me to knock out a couple issues per week while I catch up.

I've got issues 1-12 and finally started, right off the bat I'm missing one, ONE two hole connector.

I bought a cheap Xwing model to practice painting on, I think for a first attempt it came out ok.:)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    188.8 KB · Views: 176
Thanks, it's dark but I was going for the just Back from battle look. I'm gonna keep the falcon a little more subtle.
I've got the bandai AT-ST coming so I'm gonna try a weathered but lighter look on it.

Back