Build you own Falcon subscription

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What glue are you using?

I'm thinking I may pass on the Vader PF and get this instead.

Well I'm in now too. I'm not really worried about the build itself but I do have reservations about painting this.
Does the kit come with the paint too?

Well I'm in now too. I'm not really worried about the build itself but I do have reservations about painting this.
Does the kit come with the paint too?

No it doesn't. It already comes painted. I think the paint looks good. But I see why more particular aka ocd people paint it to look more screen accurate.

No it doesn't. It already comes painted. I think the paint looks good. But I see why more particular aka ocd people paint it to look more screen accurate.

Not exactly... some parts are prepainted... not all of them. The top turret is, and most of the parts have pre-weathering effect on them, but all in all, most of the parts aren't painted at all. It's really weird too. As you're getting your parts in, the first 5 issues seem to be painted nicely, but then the next 20 or so don't have a lick of paint on them (even thou they should have been), and then you get another part that has a single panel painted. It's weird... it's like they gave up prepainting halfway thru, then decided to start it up again and gave up again. It would have been nice if all the panels were prepainted and all you had to do to make it more accurate was to weather it, but that's not the case. You WILL have to repaint this in order to make it look semi-decent!

Yup, FedEx Ground sucks balls.
And to think, I used to work for them.

On the plus side, it appears all the parts survived the ordeal.

That said, the magazines are toast.

Yup, FedEx Ground sucks balls.
And to think, I used to work for them.

On the plus side, it appears all the parts survived the ordeal.

That said, the magazines are toast.

I have had a few boxes made to look like an accordion. Thank God my magazines survived. Their shipping boxes can be something to be desired though. I assume you contacted them to get a replacement?

Wow that sucks. I've got the first two months in but haven't even had a chance to open up the magazines, soon....

Just got through with DeAgo's Customer Service line...

Thankfully, since issues 77-80 are just mandible work, all the pieces are small and every package survived the shipping ordeal. They've put in a request to get the fresh magazines shipped out to me. Additionally, my cat made off with one of the gunner's seats a number of months back. I'd been meaning to contact them about a replacement and told the lady on the line that I don't even need the issue or the total parts package, just the one little sprue with all the seat parts on it. She said since the request was officially 'open', let's see if we can get the parts added to the envelope.

Definitely a positive customer service experience. That's getting rarer and rarer these days.

I bought bulk via their store in order to catch up (I also subbed, but from current issue).

I believe they have a catch-up option today, though.

I think we are about to enter into the 90s. The kiosks are ahead of the subs. So I'm a bit uncertain as to the exact number. The last issue that was sent to me is #82.

Back