Build you own Falcon subscription

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, if we're saying that this will be around 900 pounds (am I reading that right?) and 1 US dollar equals .66 pounds, does that mean we are looking at 1300-1400 US dollars for this? I'm still in, I just need to decide how elaborate my embellishment to the wife needs to be :)

Yes, put it will be spread out by about 2 years. :p

I want a Star Destroyer. I don't think I'll be able to afford the 4-foot version eFX is making.

EFX are making a new Falcon too aren't they?

Yeah, but it's gonna be smaller and it's supposed to be a Precision cast Replica. This is my first real Falcon replica and I think it'll be at least equal, if not more accurate/better, than the Master Replicas one.

Yeah, but it's gonna be smaller and it's supposed to be a Precision cast Replica. This is my first real Falcon replica and I think it'll be at least equal, if not more accurate/better, than the Master Replicas one.

Yeah it's meant to be a smaller desktop version

Good to hear in general the reports are it's coming to the US, I had sent a message to the "Build the Millennium Falcon" Facebook page and they're response was not encouraging:

We have not received any communication regarding the shipment of the collection being in US however should we decide otherwise, we will notify you on the website as well as on social media.

But since then I've seen other sources indicating March is the likely launch date in the US.
try this link as well its the new one for this

It's Creating a replica of the Empire Strikes Back movie prop - Stephen Dymszo interview from

De Agostini UK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb63W0xlm28

Very cool video... I'll be looking for his tips. I was already thinking it would be fun to add a bit of extra work to the pieces as the came in, but I'll be happy to take direction from him :lol

There is likely some additional weathering that will be necessary to make it look completely like the "junky" model. Not even the MR Falcon is fully accurate in that regard (though this will be even closer). I'm sure that's what he means. But I'm thinking a majority of people will be fine with this as-is once they put it all together.

That's how I took it... the piece as-is will be painted and weathered, but might still look like it was mass produced. But if you want it to be a bit more accurate to the on-screen look or even personalized you can easily do that as well.

Ok, if we're saying that this will be around 900 pounds (am I reading that right?) and 1 US dollar equals .66 pounds, does that mean we are looking at 1300-1400 US dollars for this? I'm still in, I just need to decide how elaborate my embellishment to the wife needs to be :)

The site you'd order from in the US seems to have a range in cost from $770 to $1440 for the kits they sell; some are 12 months others 24. So I'd guess the Falcon will be on the high end, if not the full $1440 price. I just hope the US release has all the extra included items as the booklets and what-not seem like a fun addition. Also curious about shipping... hopefully that is also free, or that could really add up over a 2 year period.

ModelSpace - Buy Premium Model Ships, F1, Diecast & RC Cars

Last edited:
I was told that if this does well they have an X-Wing planned.
That's excellent news. Hopefully it's a success and they decide to make even more after that.

I missed out on all the Master Replicas stuff, and dropping $700+ on completed SW models can be difficult, especially with there being so many out there.

This could be the perfect solution to that. It's basically a huge flex-pay, and you get the added benefit of watching your collectible grow. I think many people are going to fall in love with this just for the feeling of accomplishment they'll gain from building it.

I'm sure with a bit more detailing, some dry brushing a few washes and a little pastel work this could look amazing

Yeah I'm gonna add some weathering later on. I believe issue 7 is gonna give some tips on weathering if you want to take it that extra step. It's looking amazing straight out of the box tho, I'm very impressed so far ��

Back