Build you own Falcon subscription

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm giving this a go too. Just cadding the issue one piece up because they forgot about the side panels.

mf_0002_zps6b6affc2.jpg

this might be something I would do.. IF its available in the US ..

oh cool.. need to find their Facebook page now lol

edit.. never mind dahhhh

Wow, I hope there is a US release for this. If this is anything like DeAgostini's Formula 1 build-your-own models I would expect it to be not too difficult to put together and look great in the end.

Wait so if you want it to be accurate you have to do custom work?

You guys think they'll do other Star Wars ships in kits like this? X-wing, TIE Fighter, Star Destroyer, etc...

What are you referring to?

The pieces will all come pre-painted (and even a little weathered in some places), if that's what you mean.

You guys think they'll do other Star Wars ships in kits like this? X-wing, TIE Fighter, Star Destroyer, etc...
I was told that if this does well they have an X-Wing planned.

What are you referring to?

The pieces will all come pre-painted (and even a little weathered in some places), if that's what you mean.

if you listen to the end of the interview he says something to the effect of that he will putting out tips to make it more accurate and then could be most accurate. I don't understand what he is saying there is it's prepainted and weathered already what would you need to do? Make Han black if you want ROTJ version?:lol

There is likely some additional weathering that will be necessary to make it look completely like the "junky" model. Not even the MR Falcon is fully accurate in that regard (though this will be even closer). I'm sure that's what he means. But I'm thinking a majority of people will be fine with this as-is once they put it all together.

Ok, if we're saying that this will be around 900 pounds (am I reading that right?) and 1 US dollar equals .66 pounds, does that mean we are looking at 1300-1400 US dollars for this? I'm still in, I just need to decide how elaborate my embellishment to the wife needs to be :)

I'm in for this, just got to find peace to actually build it.

Haven't painted anything for years so will probably pick up a few cheap model kits to practice on

I'm in for this, just got to find peace to actually build it.

Haven't painted anything for years so will probably pick up a few cheap model kits to practice on

I don't have any space either but I'll worry about that whenever I get to it. For now, I'm all in come March:lol

Tell her it will be spread out over 100 payments. There's going to be 100 issues, right? :)

Oh, I will do that. I just have to determine what the fictional, yet believable dollar amount is. She would be quite surprised with all of the "Sideshow Price Hike" conversations as I have neglected to share that with her. She hasn't asked, so "it's true....from a certain point of view...". For the record, I don't ask about current market variance on purse and boot purchases either. :)

Back