Build you own Falcon subscription

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got round to starting mine today, taking it slow so just a bit of paint on the seats for now

4D2CEA84-56C3-4F38-9E84-8AC39F786766_zpsifzox1xq.jpg

Just ordered my subscription today. For anyone in the USA looking to get in on this Deagostini is having a sale for the month of June. $1 shipping per shipment for the entire subscription. Can't wait to get my first shipment and get started on this.
I don't know how much customization i plan on doing since I have not really built too many models and don't want to mess anything up but i'll start with painting the cockpit seats since that looks like it should be kind of an easy job and from what i have seen i really don't like the color of the seats the way they come. If anyone has any tips and color suggestions on what colors to use it would be appreciated.

Just ordered my subscription today. For anyone in the USA looking to get in on this Deagostini is having a sale for the month of June. $1 shipping per shipment for the entire subscription. Can't wait to get my first shipment and get started on this.
I don't know how much customization i plan on doing since I have not really built too many models and don't want to mess anything up but i'll start with painting the cockpit seats since that looks like it should be kind of an easy job and from what i have seen i really don't like the color of the seats the way they come. If anyone has any tips and color suggestions on what colors to use it would be appreciated.
In addition...do you guys clear coat after you painted the seats?

I use Testors Dullcoat on everything, just give it a good spray and that should protect your paint.

I use Testors Dullcoat on everything, just give it a good spray and that should protect your paint.

Thanks. I'm a very amateur painter myself, learning as I go. I've been using Krylon acrylic clear coat gloss and matte. Just don't ask me how I know how to spell amateur correctly. :wink1:

I am very impressed with the fact that DeAg is actually reworking parts and providing them for free to us 👍👍👍

Krylon Satin Clear works great too as a sealer. I like using the Krylon clear coats over the Testors ones simply because the Testors ones tend to yellow over time... Krylon doesn't do that!

Krylon Satin Clear works great too as a sealer. I like using the Krylon clear coats over the Testors ones simply because the Testors ones tend to yellow over time... Krylon doesn't do that!
I use Krylon UV-Resistant Clear, both matte and glossy. Works great for me. I like the idea that it's UV resistant, not that I'll ever test it.

I use Krylon UV-Resistant Clear, both matte and glossy. Works great for me. I like the idea that it's UV resistant, not that I'll ever test it.

The UV-Resistant sealer is perfect for 3D printed parts too. I usually use it as a primer coat on printed parts to protect it from UV light (which will damage 3D printed parts over time). By sealing them with a UV blocking paint beforehand will prevent any degradation over time.

Good point. That's a problem with anything kept over very long periods of time. Can't have ma things turnin' yeller on me.

Back