Boxes... What to do?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Planning to move next year and I'm already imagining the nightmare of packing and unpacking all my stats. How long you reckon does it take to repack a piece? I've never done so and have no idea.

I've been selling off some statues lately. Some only take 15 minutes to rebox. It depends on how many pieces and how intricate they are. Most PF's pack up pretty quick though.

I've been selling off some statues lately. Some only take 15 minutes to rebox. It depends on how many pieces and how intricate they are. Most PF's pack up pretty quick though.

Yes, very quick if you have original packages. I just made a custom box for one of mine I purchased without a box and it took forever and was a hell of a mess with all the foam bits everywhere. Keep your boxes!:lol

I use detolfs as well and try to display the box and the figure together as much as I can, as long as they fit and as long as the box is worth displaying (hot toys boxes usually are).

There are boxes out there that just can't be displayed because of size (rocket and groot, dark work Thor and Loki, die cast figures or the Hulk/Banner combo, for example) and those get stored. I may commission an acrylic encased floating shelf that could theoretically hold figures and large boxes such as those but it's still in the planning stages.

I find this sad.....all the work and creativity that goes in to a high end figure and its sitting on a shelf in the box? I guess if your more of an investor than collector I understand. But at least with HT and the like you could take them out of the box and put them back and no one would know anyway.

sarcasm_detector.jpg

I'm in the middle of packing and moving right now. Its so nice to have the boxes and the shippers to tape everything up nice and secure.. Very easy

I'm in the middle of packing and moving right now. Its so nice to have the boxes and the shippers to tape everything up nice and secure.. Very easy

Ugh me too. It's such a long, long, long process to pack everything back up. The big PFs are horrible to pack up haha. I'm also petrified that they'll break in the styrofoam while I'm moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luckily for me we have a huge storage space in the basement of our building so I have no problem storing the boxes. Still I'm keeping the stormtrooper Box in my closet so I can change hands and weapons if I feel like it.

All the boxes from the smallest figure to the biggest props, helmets or statues are in my attic. Didn't throw away any of them. When I moved to my new house in 2010 the original boxes helped for the larger more fragile items.

I live in an apartment, I don't have room for many figures, never mind boxes!

OP probably has all the advice they need right now, but my take is: store boxes for valuable items you'd consider reselling. For me that's pretty much anything over $100. Cheaper stuff typically goes in a labelled plastic bag when I'm not displaying it.

I like how my custom figures came without art boxes so I can just toss the USPS box.

Back