Boxes... What to do?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Am I the only one that keeps them in their boxes?

I can't understand keeping them in their boxes, unless you're buying them as investments...in which case more power to you. The only joy I find in collectibles is displaying and looking at them. Otherwise they're just wasting space IMO.

Some people just want to watch the world burn.
Am I the only one that keeps them in their boxes?

I don't even open the brown shipper, just place it on the shelf so the text faces outward and people can tell what statue is in there .... imagination never lives up to reality anyway.

I don't even open the brown shipper, just place it on the shelf so the text faces outward and people can tell what statue is in there .... imagination never lives up to reality anyway.

but you won't know whether you actually have a statue inside or just a piece of rock that weights like a statue.

for figures you could be missing some 1/6 sewing needle or something that when you sell it the buyer files a dispute because you didn't check the items & it's missing something.

but you won't know whether you actually have a statue inside or just a piece of rock that weights like a statue.

for figures you could be missing some 1/6 sewing needle or something that when you sell it the buyer files a dispute because you didn't check the items & it's missing something.

how do you guys move your statues without the boxes? I have no plans of selling any of my stats but I know I'll be moving someday.

how do you guys move your statues without the boxes? I have no plans of selling any of my stats but I know I'll be moving someday.

Pack them like you were going to ship them. Bubble wrap and good quality boxes. Even then you still have to be extremely careful.

In the mix of moving now as we speak. I had boxes for some and the ones I didn't were just packed with bubble wrap and a towel, then put into shoe boxes then boxed the shoe boxes into a bigger box. With clothing and socks to fill any gaps for safe moving.
475e8c55f441abd7ebbc2520cfd900e2.jpg

In the mix of moving now as we speak. I had boxes for some and the ones I didn't were just packed with bubble wrap and a towel, then put into shoe boxes then boxed the shoe boxes into a bigger box. With clothing and socks to fill any gaps for safe moving.
475e8c55f441abd7ebbc2520cfd900e2.jpg

small collection you have there. but at least they were labeled which side up.

Planning to move next year and I'm already imagining the nightmare of packing and unpacking all my stats. How long you reckon does it take to repack a piece? I've never done so and have no idea.

I find this sad.....all the work and creativity that goes in to a high end figure and its sitting on a shelf in the box? I guess if your more of an investor than collector I understand. But at least with HT and the like you could take them out of the box and put them back and no one would know anyway.

As far as OP goes.......

1.The shipper: I would sell it. You can get a bunch of money on eBay for a shipper. Which you can then use the expand your collection. The price difference if you resell is minimal for a figure with a shipper box or without for most markets. The shipper box will not protect the art box any better than a secure wrapping and storage with any other box.

2. The art box is a different story. HT in original art box and with all assessories will command a higher price on the market historically . They , to me, are part of the detail and hard work that was put into these collectables . That being said, storage can get difficult . And you could get even more cash to buy more figures by selling the box.

Not to highjack this thread but I have always wondered how the community felt about the parts selling going on on ebay. Its always irked me to see these figure cannibalized and ripped apart for sales of quick inflated cash. Its like stripping a classic muscle car for parts since they are worth slightly more than the whole. But I have to admit , the selfish part of me is glad I could but a replacement for my T800 sunglasses should my wife suck them up in the vacuum again.....thankfully this time they didnt break!!!!!! LOL

Not to highjack this thread but I have always wondered how the community felt about the parts selling going on on ebay. Its always irked me to see these figure cannibalized and ripped apart for sales of quick inflated cash. Its like stripping a classic muscle car for parts since they are worth slightly more than the whole. But I have to admit , the selfish part of me is glad I could but a replacement for my T800 sunglasses should my wife suck them up in the vacuum again.....thankfully this time they didnt break!!!!!! LOL

:hi5:
agreed!

Right now they are all going into my closet , as my collection grows, i throw away old cloths to wear out when you have hot toys at home to pose at home and display

Back