Boxes... What to do?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually buy empty boxes when I find them. Lol hate to see them destroyed or tossed. I've got a boat load. So if u come up with any good ideas let me know. Lol

Wrap them in a layer of plastic (or the shipping box), then into the roof.

Of course, larger pieces, I just throw them out. What are you supposed to do with the box say the MR Falcon came in, or any larger items? Especially given I'm never selling them.

I keep the majority of mine in my backyard shed, which I have confirmed is completely dry. Some in the garage as well. Just make sure they are elevated off the floor and they stay dry.

.............My collection has just gotten too big. Outside of the boxes I keep for statues and other fragile items that could never safely be moved without them, I've started tossing.

I can't believe people throw away their boxes. The amount of items I've sold that I swore I never would is about 100%.

:horror An art box in the trash can....Oh the horror!

I have 250+ 1/6th figures. Tons of statues. And I've never sold a single figure in 20 years and never will. If I kept the boxes I'd have to rent storage space for them. Easy decision to throw them all away. I keep my statue boxes so I can keep the statue safe if I move.

I have 250+ 1/6th figures. Tons of statues. And I've never sold a single figure in 20 years and never will. If I kept the boxes I'd have to rent storage space for them. Easy decision to throw them all away. I keep my statue boxes so I can keep the statue safe if I move.

Gotta do what you gotta do I guess. That sounds like some collection. :hi5:

I keep them at work in a storage room for now. Building a new house next year then i will build a separate large shed for storage. I really hate keeping them all but i just can't make myself throw them away.

Fire.

No joke. They light up pretty. Save them until you have a big pile. One Sideshow PF box will impress by itself, but it may take a few HT boxes.

abatmanret14h.jpg

with the amount of money you spent on them you could just buy a container and use it as your storage/garage, unless you live in an apartment.

with the amount of money you spent on them you could just buy a container and use it as your storage/garage, unless you live in an apartment.

I kept them all in a Tuff Shed for years until one year I went to retrieve my Christmas decorations and it took me 2 hours of moving boxes around till I could get my decorations. Every box met the trash over the next few weeks. Problem solved. Plenty of storage left now for things that actually matter. Didn't have to spend extra money and have never regretted not having so many empty boxes around.

I kept them all in a Tuff Shed for years until one year I went to retrieve my Christmas decorations and it took me 2 hours of moving boxes around till I could get my decorations. Every box met the trash over the next few weeks. Problem solved. Plenty of storage left now for things that actually matter. Didn't have to spend extra money and have never regretted not having so many empty boxes around.

i say the boxes would have made better Christmas decos than your Christmas decos. people usually throw away their Christmas decos annually and get new ones next year. anyway good decision for you.

i say the boxes would have made better Christmas decos than your Christmas decos. people usually throw away their Christmas decos annually and get new ones next year. anyway good decision for you.

Why would you assume a bunch of stupid boxes would make better Christmas decorations? Most of my Christmas decorations are antiques from deceased family members so aside from lights I keep all my Christmas decorations. And there's a hefty load of decorations worth way more to me than a bunch of empty boxes.

Why would you assume a bunch of stupid boxes would make better Christmas decorations? Most of my Christmas decorations are antiques from deceased family members so aside from lights I keep all my Christmas decorations. And there's a hefty load of decorations worth way more to me than a bunch of empty boxes.

well if you leave your boxes to your family members once you've deceased they will also make great Christmas decos since they are artboxes left by their newly deceased family member.

some boxes do make good Christmas decos, like the Gecco Robbie The Rabbit box. But of course most Sideshow boxes are trash that don't even deserve to enter the trashbin.

well if you leave your boxes to your family members once you've deceased they will also make great Christmas decos since they are artboxes left by their newly deceased family member.

some boxes do make good Christmas decos, like the Gecco Robbie The Rabbit box. But of course most Sideshow boxes are trash that don't even deserve to enter the trashbin.

Potato, Pototo. :wink1:

Back