Bowen Hulk Retro - Post Your Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fail, Grail, Hail, Sail, Mail, Whale ... we can rhyme all day

I have yet to see the PF Hulk at a flattering angle...that's the biggest problem with this piece...you cannot display it straight on. The Smackdown Hulk you can pose it straight forward. If you want to show the fist ready to strike you have to hide the face (which is reccomemded) ... if you want to show the face you have the GOON hand in your face.

The owners have enjoyed it a 200% price increase and all of a sudden it's the best of the best. This piece is very similar to the CM Predator. The owners float each other's boats so much they fail to see it's problem areas.

I know why you guys like it...you're all Simpsons fans

21907065.jpg
barney.jpg

Wow I just went through and read all of this thread. Let me put my 2cents in.

As being someone who owned and sold the SS PF Hulk - (That photo above is of the one I owned) - Let me say that I can completely understand everyone love for that statue. It really is AWSOME and very impressive to see in person. I sold it off because 1) I was in need of some quick cash and 2) It just was not the Hulk for me. I am not a fan of the Kirby Hulk. I did not get introduced to the Kirby version of Hulk. I don't care that much for that Incarnation of Hulk. I prefer Angry, Rage, ready to Fight Hulk. But The SS piece is such an awsome quality that I can fully understand why people would pay the big bucks for it.

I also love the way SS Hulk looked from the side but never cared for the straight on pose.

room2009.jpg

21907065.jpg

But it really is an impressive piece. That being said. If the new Bowen piece had the same quality paint job and was the same size it would easily blow SS hulk and all other hulks out of the water. IMO of course.

This is just The HULK to me.
10-2009136.jpg

I have yet to see the PF Hulk at a flattering angle...that's the biggest problem with this piece...you cannot display it straight on. The Smackdown Hulk you can pose it straight forward. If you want to show the fist ready to strike you have to hide the face (which is reccomemded) ... if you want to show the face you have the GOON hand in your face.

21907065.jpg
barney.jpg
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and I agree with the whole pose thing.

Got mine today #28. I think he looks great. The paint job is not even close to the SS PF but as I have stated before in other posts, I prefer this pose and face sculpt to the Bowen one.

Also it's nice to finally get the SS Abomination out of his box. I have had him for some time but I have been waiting for Hulk to arrive.

Anyways here be some photos.

Fixed.... :monkey3

The owners have enjoyed it a 200% price increase and all of a sudden it's the best of the best. This piece is very similar to the CM Predator. The owners float each other's boats so much they fail to see it's problem areas.

Because SS PF looks good from all angles :lecture

Got mine today #28. I think he looks great. The paint job is not even close to the SS PF but as I have stated before in other posts, I prefer this pose and face sculpt to the SS one.

Also it's nice to finally get the Bowen Abomination out of his box. I have had him for some time but I have been waiting for Hulk to arrive.

Anyways here be some photos.

Hey Jaws, thanks for the pics, nice angle on them. You have two nice pieces that will fit together well in your collection.

The Smash Bowen pose of the hulk is awesome, very difficult for anyone to argue that.

The SS Hulk, pose has a look of slow, methodical POWER behind it, a creative pose that really lends to the display.

One of the reasons I did not buy the SS Hulk when it origianllycame out was that it was difficult to see the well thought out sculpted Kirby Hulk face. But when I decided to buy it, I realized that putting it on display on a higher shelf you could see it all, and was screamed Hulk even more. It cannot be appreciated as much on a lower shelf.

The Bowen one must be displayed at eye level or a little lower to get the full appreciation of it. It cannot be appreciated as much on a higher shelf.

Just depends how it fits.

It really does no one any good to slam down sculptures which are clearly established in the collectors nest AND the marketplace, and created by well known artists.

Stick to constructive critiques, it will get all of us further ahead.

Batman29...you bring up great points. You ever think of running for office :)

Seriously you're right. I'll shut up...

because in the words of King Willie
10473.gif

"There's no stopping what can't be stopped. No killing what can't be killed."

and there sure is no convincing what can't be convinced!

Got mine today, some quick pics:
DSCN0546.jpg

DSCN0547.jpg

DSCN0548.jpg

DSCN0551.jpg

DSCN0554.jpg

DSCN0555.jpg

DSCN0558.jpg

DSCN0560.jpg

I like to think the statue harkens back to a day when comic books were still pure at heart and didn't succumb to the intense social pressure to show mens' nipples. :D

I know this has been brought up before but why the lack of nipples on these, is it a Bowen thing, no nipples allowed?

Yeah I have an issue with that as well. Sculpts are still good...but where the heck do his nipples GO? I mean...im fine with a brainy and weak man morphing into an 8 foot tall green goliath with limitless power and energy all because of over exposure to colorless gamma radiation! BUT WHERE DO HIS NIPPLES GO???? :confused: Everyone KNOWS when you morph into a giant green powerhouse because of gamma radiation you STILL have nipples!

NO...but seriously...he really should have nipples. Nipple free is NOT for me!

Yeah I have an issue with that as well. Sculpts are still good...but where the heck do his nipples GO? I mean...im fine with a brainy and weak man morphing into an 8 foot tall green goliath with limitless power and energy all because of over exposure to colorless gamma radiation! BUT WHERE DO HIS NIPPLES GO???? :confused: Everyone KNOWS when you morph into a giant green powerhouse because of gamma radiation you STILL have nipples!

NO...but seriously...he really should have nipples. Nipple free is NOT for me!

Did anyone mention that these things should have nipples?

hulk_nips.jpg

I hope this makes all you nipple loving types happy. :D

Back