Bowen Hulk Retro - Post Your Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exception when they are WRONG :lol

:lol :rotfl

Booyah......... bootika bootika :rock

Nice :lol

Let me be a little more objective about the whole thing.

Hulk PF is a classic look: Well sculpted and the paint is spectacular IMO with good color selection and perfect shading. That being said, the shade of green might be just a BIT too dark but still amazing. Only issue I have with the sculpt is the one ear is a little strange.

Painted Bowen smackdown Hulk: Well sculpted but the paint is poor. The color scheme is way off. The base color is too light/bright green and the shading is too dark. The contrast makes for a slightly "cheap" appearance IMO.

FB Smackdown Hulk: Well sculpted and the paint color/shading issues are eliminated with the FB appearance. Which is why this statue does so well on the secondary market. The FB look is great, but you aleinate certain collectors that stear clear of the more trendy collectibles.

Nice :lol

Let me be a little more objective about the whole thing.

Hulk PF is a classic look: Well sculpted and the paint is spectacular IMO with good color selection and perfect shading. That being said, the shade of green might be just a BIT too dark but still amazing. Only issue I have with the sculpt is the one ear is a little strange.

Painted Bowen smackdown Hulk: Well sculpted but the paint is poor. The color scheme is way off. The base color is too light/bright green and the shading is too dark. The contrast makes for a slightly "cheap" appearance IMO.

FB Smackdown Hulk: Well sculpted and the paint color/shading issues are eliminated with the FB appearance. Which is why this statue does so well on the secondary market. The FB look is great, but you aleinate certain collectors that stear clear of the more trendy collectibles.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

I do agree this one looks better than the original Smackdown. :lecture

If we're copmparing the $$$$ value of what the 2 pieces fetch in the secondary market, Sideshow easily wins. Price usually is an indicator of quality, but in this case it's slightly skewed.

Similar to comparing an original HEMICUDA & an original SHELBY GT-500. the Hemi-Cuda fetches much more money, but that doesn't make it a better vehicle.

Bowen's pieces will alwasy be at a disadvantage when compared to Sideshow's because size does matter, and quite simply Sideshow's are larger.

They are both classic statues, but for me, the Bowen Smackdown Hulk (regardless of size) is the Ultimate Depiction of my favotire character. "HULK SMASH" and that's exactly what he's doing...Hulking the F-OUT ! ! !

Hulk Smash FTW. Affordability is nice too. If Sideshow did the exact same pose in a 1/4 scale PF it would blow the current Hulk PF to hammered s***t (and any Bowen of course).

imo...there is only one hulk better than sideshow's green hulk pf...and that's sideshow's grey hulk pf

that being said...i am picking up this bowen hulk. i dig the pose.

If we're copmparing the $$$$ value of what the 2 pieces fetch in the secondary market, Sideshow easily wins. Price usually is an indicator of quality, but in this case it's slightly skewed.

Similar to comparing an original HEMICUDA & an original SHELBY GT-500. the Hemi-Cuda fetches much more money, but that doesn't make it a better vehicle.

Bowen's pieces will alwasy be at a disadvantage when compared to Sideshow's because size does matter, and quite simply Sideshow's are larger.

They are both classic statues, but for me, the Bowen Smackdown Hulk (regardless of size) is the Ultimate Depiction of my favotire character. "HULK SMASH" and that's exactly what he's doing...Hulking the F-OUT ! ! !

Hmm...not sure you can use size as a price indicator when it comes to collectibles though. If you do, then you would have to make the comparison across all collectibles and not just statues.

Also, I don't think you can claim that price on secondary market is ever truly an indicator of quality between two different items. Though the condition of an item may raise or lower the value of a certain item. What can be said is that secondary market prices are indicators of the DESIRABILITY of a specific collectable.

I can understand people having an emotional attachment to the SS PF sculpt...this I don't have with the Kirby Hulk...and I respect their attachment.

But there are other characters in the Marvel U that I DO have an emotional attachment to i.e. Wolverine. And just because I have loved this character from his inception that doesn't mean that I would rather have a Byrne or Miller Wolverine sculpt more so than a Silvestri or Texiera or more modern Wolverine sculpt. I would almost always take the sculpt that better portrays the characteristics and essence of the character no matter who was the original artist.

And to me, the Sideshow just doesn't do that. Just my opinion, but this is why I prefer the Bowen.

Well said, and no need to have this long discussion on value holding. That is not my main reason for collecting. If that was the case I would have bought SS Hulk along time ago.

You can only compare, SS hulk vs the Bowen Because there both in a museum pose. I think both statues are well sculpted, but i think the paint is kinda week ( which is hard to do in 1/6 scale)

The Action pose Bowen is in its own category. And yes SS HULK 1/4 IS THE BEST THERE IS! SMASH!!!!!!.... But in fairness you need to own both to really have an opinion.

712991611_u5qgv-XL.jpg

IMHO, the Bowen FB smackdown Hulk is the best Hulk statue ever made. The only other Hulk piece I'm dying to see is the SS comiquette that is going to be released. I have a feeling that will be the Hulk statue that OWNS all when it is released.

IMHO, the Bowen FB smackdown Hulk is the best Hulk statue ever made. The only other Hulk piece I'm dying to see is the SS comiquette that is going to be released. I have a feeling that will be the Hulk statue that OWNS all when it is released.

both will fail to Kirby, that is all...

the pf owns everything now ...i dont think the comiquette will be better than a pf...

the pf owns everything now ...i dont think the comiquette will be better than a pf...

It's wishful thinking on all collectors that they want the next release to beat the grails.

1) They don't wanna spend the money
2) Except the piece will never be there's, because of reason #1
3) In denial and basically keep on waiting....
4) Just fail

Got mine today #28. I think he looks great. The paint job is not even close to the SS PF but as I have stated before in other posts, I prefer this pose and face sculpt to the SS one.

Also it's nice to finally get the Bowen Abomination out of his box. I have had him for some time but I have been waiting for Hulk to arrive.

Anyways here be some photos.

10-2009136.jpg

10-2009137.jpg

10-2009135.jpg

10-2009139.jpg

10-2009138.jpg

Back