Bowen Hulk Retro - Post Your Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I don't understand is everyone's love affair with the sideshow Hulk PF. Yeah it's big. Great. The face looks goofy, not angry or aggressive. He looks like a simpleton.

Great statement and totally agree with you my man. SS Hulk just looks dumb to me as well.

He looks like a "simpleton" and looks "dumb" because he IS a "simpleton" and he IS "dumb"! The first incarnation of the hulk wasn't the permanent rage filled beast or intelligent and calculating monster. He was dumb as rocks and super strong. Have you ever seen a retard get angry? Doesnt matter HOW mad they get they still look retarded!

Also, though rage has become hulk's MO, any super strong emotion can lead to Banner's transformation into the hulk. Meaning the original hulk wasn't ALWAYS 100% rage filled!

It's all these years of ppl calling him a "simpleton" and looking "dumb" :lol That's where all this range comes from :lecture

I have no emotional attachment to Kirby's Hulk.

hulk-head-1%5B2%5D.jpg

This comparison is why i say Bowen's Smackdown Hulk is still the best Hulk Statue, regardless of size.

IMGA0543.jpg

it's a nice sculpt there's no denying that.

I've found most Hulk PF owners praise the piece to no end. It's size, increasing value and overall presence is tough to argue.

If the Smackdow Hulk was equal size, it would dethrone Hulk PF as the most desirable Hulk Statue.

Skiman, are you a Hulk PF owner?

I can understand people having an emotional attachment to the SS PF sculpt...this I don't have with the Kirby Hulk...and I respect their attachment.

But there are other characters in the Marvel U that I DO have an emotional attachment to i.e. Wolverine. And just because I have loved this character from his inception that doesn't mean that I would rather have a Byrne or Miller Wolverine sculpt more so than a Silvestri or Texiera or more modern Wolverine sculpt. I would almost always take the sculpt that better portrays the characteristics and essence of the character no matter who was the original artist.

And to me, the Sideshow just doesn't do that. Just my opinion, but this is why I prefer the Bowen.

I can understand people having an emotional attachment to the SS PF sculpt...this I don't have with the Kirby Hulk...and I respect their attachment.

But there are other characters in the Marvel U that I DO have an emotional attachment to i.e. Wolverine. And just because I have loved this character from his inception that doesn't mean that I would rather have a Byrne or Miller Wolverine sculpt more so than a Silvestri or Texiera or more modern Wolverine sculpt. I would almost always take the sculpt that better portrays the characteristics and essence of the character no matter who was the original artist.

And to me, the Sideshow just doesn't do that. Just my opinion, but this is why I prefer the Bowen.

well said.

I have no emotional attachment to Kirby's Hulk.

hulk-head-1%5B2%5D.jpg

This comparison is why i say Bowen's Smackdown Hulk is still the best Hulk Statue, regardless of size.

IMGA0543.jpg

Well I think this illistration shows the big difference between Sideshow and Bowen. Its not in all cases sculpt. More often then not its the Bowen paint app/color scheme that puts sideshow one step ahead.

And yes I am very aware of many issues with Sideshow paint. The difference being that usually the paint issue for sideshow is a rub, smudge, missing paint spot or something of the like. Bowen's seems to be rushed paint job and or poor paint color choices.

Sculpt wise, if you look at the FB bowen Hulk...the sculpt is great! can't argue there.

it's a nice sculpt there's no denying that.

I've found most Hulk PF owners praise the piece to no end. It's size, increasing value and overall presence is tough to argue.

If the Smackdow Hulk was equal size, it would dethrone Hulk PF as the most desirable Hulk Statue.

Skiman, are you a Hulk PF owner?

I'm a several Hulk PF owner :rock and yes I do curls with my Hulks
Weight_Lifting.gif

I think its important for everyone to remember that there are no right or wrongs when it comes to collecting! Except of course in this case. PF Hulk >>>>>> bowen smackdown hulk. Thats not opinion... just fact. :cool:

Seriously, find me any collector that is willing to pay $1000 for a painted Bowen Smackdown hulk and we can revisit the debate. :lol

I think its important for everyone to remember that there are no right or wrongs when it comes to collecting! Except of course in this case. PF Hulk >>>>>> bowen smackdown hulk. Thats not opinion... just fact. :cool:

Exception when they are WRONG :lol

:lol :rotfl

Booyah......... bootika bootika :rock

Seriously, find me any collector that is willing to pay $1000 for a painted Bowen Smackdown hulk and we can revisit the debate. :lol

that's true!!bowen always will cost the same..but ss's...

i meant that bowen's statues do not skyrocket..let me post it though..

Back