Bowen Hulk Retro - Post Your Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First, and most impt, thanks for the great pics and sharing with us. They look impressive together!

Let me know when the Faux bronze version comes out so I can pass on both.

And this is about where I am at with my Bowen Sculpts right now. I have about 35 of them or so, almost all of them under 10, all signed by Stan Lee, most of those with Randy sig on them.

The choice to recast so many of the older ones in Faux Bronze, as impressive as they look, are pushing me away from Bowen.

So now, when I see a new Bowen come out (and many, many of them I may add), I start looking at the new sculpt and wondering if and when a FB will come out and just simply pass on both.

best bowen hulk???

FauxBronzeHULK.jpg

First, and most impt, thanks for the great pics and sharing with us. They look impressive together!

And this is about where I am at with my Bowen Sculpts right now. I have about 35 of them or so, almost all of them under 10, all signed by Stan Lee, most of those with Randy sig on them.

The choice to recast so many of the older ones in Faux Bronze, as impressive as they look, are pushing me away from Bowen.

So now, when I see a new Bowen come out (and many, many of them I may add), I start looking at the new sculpt and wondering if and when a FB will come out and just simply pass on both.

what do you mean under 10??

I tend to agree, this is IMHO the best Bowen Hulk statue to date. I hope to have my hands on the green version in a week or so. But the new retro one will fit on my shelf nicely next to my SS Hulk LSB because of the orientation of the pose on the base, right next to my SS Cap LSB and Bowen Cap classic FS statue. The other will go into one of my display detlofs. :banana

what do you mean under 10??

Sorry guys, I should have clarified that:

Edition number of the Bowen statue: Most are edition numbers under 10, like a #9, or #10, etc. They are not edition sizes, but rather the edition number of the statue. A few others are under 20, and then the rest are random numbers. Bowen chrome Silver surfer in the 400's Edition number, etc.

I love this Bowen Hulk and if I really loved the character enough I would get it.

What I don't understand is everyone's love affair with the sideshow Hulk PF. Yeah it's big. Great. The face looks goofy, not angry or aggressive. He looks like a simpleton.

Bowen all the way for Hulk.

I love this Bowen Hulk and if I really loved the character enough I would get it.

What I don't understand is everyone's love affair with the sideshow Hulk PF. Yeah it's big. Great. The face looks goofy, not angry or aggressive. He looks like a simpleton.

Great statement and totally agree with you my man. SS Hulk just looks dumb to me as well.

Agreed! I liked just about everything Kirby drew......except his silver age Hulk. Give me Hulk by Herb Trimpe or Ernie Chan any day!:rock

Great statement and totally agree with you my man. SS Hulk just looks dumb to me as well.

I have both of these hulks. Each are excellent sculpts in their own category. And they are in different categories.

There have been many threads as to why the SS Hulks continue to hold their value, even in these economically challenging times.

Read through them. The threads and posts will quickly answer your questions why there is a love affair with the SS hulks, and why they will continue to be a true grail, not one that has the nickname of a grail.

Last edited:

Sorry but those 2 posts are Epic Fail.

Jack ''King'' Kirby's Hulk as HE created it:

Hulk.jpg

353195392_cacc293644.jpg

2006-09-28_174710_2006-05-16_174458_jack_kirby-hulk_2.JPG

hulk3kirby.jpg

bergholtz's Hulk is the Ultimate rendition of the Original Hulk.

hulk-head-1%5B2%5D.jpg

hulk-46.jpg

hulk_big7.jpg

I want to say also that if the Hulk PF was smaller, like at Bowen size, it would still be my favorite Hulk sculpt ever as a statue.

Again nice pictures Al! I don't even see the hairline problem on yours. Getting mines Wed hoping for the same.

Back