Boromir in the House...Official IMAGE thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MaulFan said:
I got it, thanks Dusty. There is a limit there, I went to add a review to Jabba the other day, but Sideshow doesn't allow enough words for me to express my affection for their products :)

I think you only need one word.

Perfect!

Great Ape said:
OLAF has the best chainmail in the DML world. Timeline - not so hot.

What's the main beef with the TIMELINE chain mail? As others said is it too restrictive?

Great Ape said:
OLAF has the best chainmail in the DML world. Timeline - not so hot.

olaf doesn't have sleeves though--he's hauberk is great but it is short sleeve mail. and their is no beef with the timeline mail. i didn't say it was too restrictive just somewhat more restrictive than having cloth on the arms. his arms still bend, hold poses, etc. it's mainly the leg mail that will keep them form doing any deep knee bends or the hauberks from bending over, etc.

the angry orc said:
olaf doesn't have sleeves though--he's hauberk is great but it is short sleeve mail. and their is no beef with the timeline mail. i didn't say it was too restrictive just somewhat more restrictive than having cloth on the arms. his arms still bend, hold poses, etc. it's mainly the leg mail that will keep them form doing any deep knee bends or the hauberks from bending over, etc.

Glad to hear it--- I passed on the Olaf chain mail but I got the chain mail from the TIMELINE figs--- I'm more interested in adding the upper body stuff to change Strider TFOTR into Aragorn TTT... Nobody ever answered my question (and I haven't gone back to the videotape yet to find the answer--- chasing a 9 month old who's just discovered the joy of crawling will do that to your schedule) if Legolas has visible chain mail during the battle of Helm's Deep----- I seem to remember that he looks pretty much the same. I'm hoping that with two sets of chain mail I'll use one for Aragorn and the other maybe to swap out the tissue Boromir stuff---- or maybe I'll hold out for when Faramir is delivered and completely change his look to when he's in full armour to ride out to his eventual (almost) demise....

DarthNeil said:
What's the main beef with the TIMELINE chain mail? As others said is it too restrictive?
Specifically, Olaf has a single piece chain mail tunic style shirt with a split down the middle at the legs and short sleeves. I believe the Timeline figures have a three piece set with the full length arm sleeves as separate pieces that don't connect to anything, they just slide up the arms. The main problem with the Timeline Knights is that their chain mail isn't split down the middle at the legs, which greatly restrict their movement. Olaf doesn't have this issue, he's very poseable.
Olaf is bad ass, I liked him so much I bought two so I can make a couple of Vikings.

Wor-Gar said:
Mas images for the IMAGE thread, por favor.

:D

I'd be glad to if only my waitlist would convert or some nice boardmember would sell their exclusive at a reasonable price. :D

DarthNeil said:
... Nobody ever answered my question...: if Legolas has visible chain mail during the battle of Helm's Deep----- I seem to remember that he looks pretty much the same. ...

He does not wear chainmail, but he does don some light leather shoulder armor.

Bummer! I just got my exclusive Boromir, only to find out that he . . . isn't. The outer box has the exclusive sticker, but inside it's the regular version, no cloak, no severed head. Curses!

I've emailed Sideshow, and hopefully they'll be able to sort it out. Has anyone else ever had this happen?

Customikey said:
He does not wear chainmail, but he does don some light leather shoulder armor.

Thanks--- that's what I thought.

screamingmetal said:
Specifically, Olaf has a single piece chain mail tunic style shirt with a split down the middle at the legs and short sleeves. I believe the Timeline figures have a three piece set with the full length arm sleeves as separate pieces that don't connect to anything, they just slide up the arms. The main problem with the Timeline Knights is that their chain mail isn't split down the middle at the legs, which greatly restrict their movement. Olaf doesn't have this issue, he's very poseable.
Olaf is bad ass, I liked him so much I bought two so I can make a couple of Vikings.

I thought about getting an Olaf but I wasn't really too keen on his accessories. I think I can make the TIMELINE chain mail work for a TTT Aragorn with a little nip and tuck--- I'm more concerned with the upper body stuff than with the legs. Thanks for the info.

Oops -- didn't mean to derail the thread.

Sounds like there's some interest in this Dragon TIMELINE/Olaf chainmail though -- me included. It's sure a nice customization option.

here's a few i took tonight...it's been the first chance i've really had to sit down and play around with him.

IMG_4216-1.jpg

IMG_4228-1.jpg

IMG_4202.jpg

IMG_4169.jpg

IMG_4165.jpg

IMG_4222-1.jpg

IMG_4190-1.jpg

IMG_4180.jpg

IMG_4179.jpg

IMG_4160.jpg

Last edited:
thanks WG...also have to give some love to the orc head. this thing is a-mazing. the detail is just nuts. come on sideshow...give us a body to go with it.

IMG_4236.jpg

IMG_4234.jpg

I was wondering what Boromir looks like with Aragorn's ranger cloak seeing as Boromir is lacking the one he wore in Fellowship. Can any one take pics?

I would do it myself but I live in the UK and Boromir wont be here for at least another week or so. I posted this in the RS forums but no-one wanted to bite.

I might have to get a regular Boromir just to do the bracer and cloak swap onto Aragorn. I love the pics I've seen here of that and of course Boromir too

Back