Boromir in the House...Official IMAGE thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Such a beautiful image MaulFan! I would love to see more of these, for if they are as good as your SW images then it would be remiss of you not to perpetuate the series. What an elegantly composed image!

kierbaudy said:
The costume is simply first rate. Better than any star wars figure.

Well in Star Wars defense, their costumes were far simpler than anything in LOTR, it'd take a Queen Amidala outfit to compare to LOTR, they just had such intricate outfits with chain armor and several clothe materials and fur and many other components, and all that woven into one characters ensemble, but they are doing a fantastic job with them. I only wish Aragorn's duster were the same thinner material as the blue vest on Boromir, at some times Aragorn's duster is a bit too thick.

MaulFan: Those images are just sick. Keep 'em coming.

IMHO, Boromir is easily the finest of Sideshow's 12" LOTR offerings. The outfit is near perfection and the weapons and accessories are off the charts.

I really like The Angry Orc's use of the Dragon rubberized chain mail sleeves — much better solution to Ignite/Sideshow's disco hashes. With so many LOTR characters in mail, I wish Sideshow would adopt the Dragon approach. To me, it looks much more realistic and can't be that expensive to produce once you've done one mold.

I've also thought about using the Dragon mail to beef up Aragorn and Legolas to TTT versions.

Great pics and feedback everyone. LOTR fans who passed on Boromir must be kicking themselves.

All we need now -- is more LOTR 12" announcements, i.e.: :gandalf_w

Funny anecdote from ORC - Klauder mentioned they researched using real chain mail for the 12" figures. Each ring was made out of metal and hand chained. But not only would it have made the figure cost $250, but when you put it on him he fell over.

Mortar Conn said:
I've also thought about using the Dragon mail to beef up Aragorn and Legolas to TTT versions.

I've got some Dragon chain mail coming which I plan on using on Aragorn to make him more like he was in TTT--- I don't remember Legolas getting all "chained up". Does anyone have a still from the movie that supports that he should have some chain mail on to look more like he did during the battle of Helm's Deep? (yes I could go through the DVD but it's beddy by bo time and work comes early tomorrow---maybe one of you west coast types might have some time this evening to find something).

Anyway as soon as I get Aragorn done I'll be sure to post here to get some reactions...

Mortar Conn said:
MaulFan: Those images are just sick. Keep 'em coming.

IMHO, Boromir is easily the finest of Sideshow's 12" LOTR offerings. The outfit is near perfection and the weapons and accessories are off the charts.

I really like The Angry Orc's use of the Dragon rubberized chain mail sleeves — much better solution to Ignite/Sideshow's disco hashes. With so many LOTR characters in mail, I wish Sideshow would adopt the Dragon approach. To me, it looks much more realistic and can't be that expensive to produce once you've done one mold.

Great pics and feedback everyone. LOTR fans who passed on Boromir must be kicking themselves.

All we need now -- is more LOTR 12" announcements, i.e.: :gandalf_w

thanks mortar...yah i'm not a huge fan of the sweater chain mail. the dragon mail restricts movement a a tiny bit but on a mainly stationary piece i think it looks much better.

the angry orc said:
thanks mortar...yah i'm not a huge fan of the sweater chain mail. the dragon mail restricts movement a a tiny bit but on a mainly stationary piece i think it looks much better.

How restrictive is the dragon mail?... I'm going to have the 12" figs posed stationary but I'd like to be able to move the arms to new poses without too much difficulty.

Woo-Hoo! My Boromir should be here today or tomorrow! Speaking of the Dragon chain-mail, where can I find some? Anyone know a good online retailer for such a thing?

P.S., Evryone's Boromir photos look OUTSTANDING! Can't wait to see it in person! :D

Darklord Dave said:
Funny anecdote from ORC - Klauder mentioned they researched using real chain mail for the 12" figures. Each ring was made out of metal and hand chained. But not only would it have made the figure cost $250, but when you put it on him he fell over.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

any other interesting news from there, Dave?

Indiana Fett said:
Woo-Hoo! My Boromir should be here today or tomorrow! Speaking of the Dragon chain-mail, where can I find some? Anyone know a good online retailer for such a thing?

P.S., Evryone's Boromir photos look OUTSTANDING! Can't wait to see it in person! :D

I just picked up some from War-Toys.com.

I think it's actually less restrictive if you take off the undershirt which has the "chainmail" sewn on, but I think you lose Borimir's added bulk doing this.

Last edited:
All these pics are great keep em coming!:D I'm still looking for my waitlist to convert or somthing on ebay to turn up, so these give me something to really look forward to.:D

Amazing photography folks! I'm getting mine in a few days - can't wait to add him to the collection.

I couldn't help notice that there is only one review of the figure on our site - go give him some love!

Darklord Dave said:
Well that shouldn't be a surprise. Of all the options out there, the best one is the Dragon approach. They should have known that it would work out best then waisting their time with real metal mail.

ChrisfromSideshow said:
Amazing photography folks! I'm getting mine in a few days - can't wait to add him to the collection.

I couldn't help notice that there is only one review of the figure on our site - go give him some love!

I PMed Dusty about submitting my review I posted in here, I haven't heard back yet, I don't know what address I could email it to.

Customikey said:
I just picked up some from War-Toys.com.

I think it's actually less restrictive if you take off the undershirt which has the "chainmail" sewn on, but I think you lose Borimir's added bulk doing this.

Thanks Mikey. I just went to the War-Toys site and did a search by "mail", "chainmail" and "chain-mail" and nothing came up...perhaps they're out already...or I'm doing a wrong search. Anyone have any follow-up suggestions on where I can find the Dragon mail? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! :D

Indiana Fett said:
Thanks Mikey. I just went to the War-Toys site and did a search by "mail", "chainmail" and "chain-mail" and nothing came up...perhaps they're out already...or I'm doing a wrong search. Anyone have any follow-up suggestions on where I can find the Dragon mail? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! :D

There are a couple of options... Dragon's TIMELINE figs (based on the movie) have it in two of them and there's an Olaf the Viking from Dragon that has some as well--- beyond snagging those I haven't seen any separate that was worthwhile in any of the reputable on-line stores... Go back to War-Toys and click on Dragon Historical figs... you'll see some of the Timeline stuff...

MaulFan said:
I PMed Dusty about submitting my review I posted in here, I haven't heard back yet, I don't know what address I could email it to.

I have received your PM, I'm sorry it took so long - I have been busy at ORC since Friday and haven't really had a chance to check in here. What Chris is referring to is the link the product page - midway down, under the description - titled 'submit a review'... I'm not sure that it lets you submit photos and there may be a word or character limit, but it's a great way to share the love! :duff

DarthNeil said:
There are a couple of options... Dragon's TIMELINE figs (based on the movie) have it in two of them and there's an Olaf the Viking from Dragon that has some as well--- beyond snagging those I haven't seen any separate that was worthwhile in any of the reputable on-line stores... Go back to War-Toys and click on Dragon Historical figs... you'll see some of the Timeline stuff...

OLAF has the best chainmail in the DML world. Timeline - not so hot.

DarthNeil said:

Thanks for the advice DarthNeil. I'd actually already done that too...they had some helmets, swords and such from 'Timeline', but as for the chainmail, no such luck. :rolleyes:

SideshowDusty said:
I have received your PM, I'm sorry it took so long - I have been busy at ORC since Friday and haven't really had a chance to check in here. What Chris is referring to is the link the product page - midway down, under the description - titled 'submit a review'... I'm not sure that it lets you submit photos and there may be a word or character limit, but it's a great way to share the love! :duff

I got it, thanks Dusty. There is a limit there, I went to add a review to Jabba the other day, but Sideshow doesn't allow enough words for me to express my affection for their products :)

Back