Boromir in the House...Official IMAGE thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Boromir in the House...

I dearly wish this one looks better that the previous two. Aragorn and Legolas where not bad, but far from the prototypes. I hope Boromir looks like he was meant to. The pix will tell.

OH BUMMER!!!

My digital camera is messing up!! I finally got him posed holding the orc head, and the camera sees only ...black. I'm charging the batteries, but since the camera came on and identified its little folder...RATS!!!

Okay, when he arrives take time and take care. The tape holding the little face guard in place on mine took a while to remove. Ditto for the tape holding the dagger. I had to visit the Sideshow site to figure out how to tie the scabbard on.

I'd never noticed the pattern stamped into the leather straps on this guy. His boots seem to have a blue overspray to make them seem cut from the same leather as his blue overcoat. The fake chainmail works very well.

The paint on mine is very good, better than the prototype picture on the box. (Remember we learned there are six facilities finishing them up, so I've no idea how consistent these will be.) His skin is completely flat. He could do with the elimination of the white dot and a coat of gloss on the eye, but the brows are painted very well and I wouldn't think a repaint at all necessary. The shield is painted so well with a semigloss sheen that it looks like leather.

Time to see if the batteries needed a boost. Oh, rats. I wanted to post the first pix.

Re: Boromir in the House...

No apologies needed gruff, thanks for the mini-review! Can't wait until Wednesday, I have two coming, and the one with the uglier paint job is going to lose his cloak and bracers to Aragorn!

Boromir IMAGE Thread

This just in...straight from the box, no adjusting or futzing (so don't mind the tweaked elbows, etc)...

Boromir1post1.jpg
Boromir1post.jpg

Here without cloak...

Boromir1post2.jpg

Here with his FANTASTIC shield...

Boromir1post3.jpg

And a Close-Up...

Boromir1post4.jpg

Gut reaction:

The outfit is awesome. May be the best so far. The red really pops, and that leather-ish tunic is great. With the exception of adjusting his joints, he looks pretty damn good right out of the box as far as the outfit goes.

The accessories are THE best so far - even without a quiver and arrows. The horn is outstanding, but its that shield that kicks bu-tay! Its perfect, looks like real leather in front and wood on the back.

And the severed Orc head is so life-like that it makes you want to use it on a custom Orc body!

The sculpt: well, it looks like Boromir to me. The face has great paint apps, no slop. The goatee could have a bit more texture but it works better here than on Aragorn. The hair has a bit of that tootsie roll thing like Aragorn but looks better from the sides where there are spaces for his ears. From straight on his hair looks a little bland - mostly due to that strange "dent" in his hairline right in front; something I think worked better when seen on the unpainted prototype than it does here once painted. But staring at him on my desk, he looks great -- a very worthy addition to what is becoming an amazing series of figures...well worth the wait.

I'll post better pictures tomorrow after I have futzed him tonight. I always try to post simple, untouched pictures first fresh from the box so people can see what they will be getting. Hence the somewhat unflattering images above.

Re: Boromir IMAGE Thread

Looks good WG, I envy you so much, you always get these things fast, though only a few more days and I'll have mine this time, unlike other items :)

Thanks WG,
Looks great, especially the outfit, definitely a stunner... maybe some light sanding and the beard will come out better but he sure looks excellent.

And that Orc head! A Portent of things to come!

pjam said:
And that Orc head! A Portent of things to come!

I sure hope so...

Orchead.jpg

BTW, my apologies to Gruff Old Bear for starting a new thread; I just realized he received his Boromir earlier but couldn't post pics in his "Boromir in the house" thread due to camera problems.

I can't wait until he arrives on Wednesday! Are the vambraces like the ones that came with Legolas, just a one piece plastic gauntlet? He looks great, Congrats Wor-Gar!

I'm sure my girlfriend will give me a little grief for getting Boromir cuz she doesn't like him much, but to me, he's a noble man who just happened to fall to the power of the ring, much like Anakin being a good person who fell to the temptations of evil. The extended DVDs deffinately show you a more noble and honorable side to Boromir, I can't wait to add him to the collection.

Seaward said:
I can't wait until he arrives on Wednesday! Are the vambraces like the ones that came with Legolas, just a one piece plastic gauntlet? He looks great, Congrats Wor-Gar!

Thanks. Yeah, as far as I can tell the vembraces are one piece...but they do have extra detail: "loose" ends of the straps made of rubber. Its a great little detail that shows SS does go the extra mile.

pjam said:
OH. MY. God! That Orc head is Amazing! :cool: :monkey5

Yep. And that's a kinda crappy picture. I really want to make a custom Orc now.

Very cool WG!! Mine will be here Wednesday and I'm very much looking forward to it. He looks fantastic!!

Back