Borderlands 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey all - DL4 is available now on 360, whenever Ps3 gets around to theirs.......its looking awesome. something like 70 + monster variations for this one DLC alone

I would still love a Gunzerker figure :)

me too - that and zero looked awesome. heck, I dig the Bandits too, but that seemed to be wave 1's downfall

I'm playing it and having a blast. There's definitely some hilarious moments and there was one moment involving a dice roll that I wasn't expecting and I laughed out loud at it.

One mission has me scratching my head as it involves a side mission involving a weapon being used on an enemy that I can't find anywhere.

Hmm, sounds like I am not as far...made the mistake of playing this on the UTVHM or whatnot and its hard. All enemies at least a 59 and some level 63....so its slow going

This may be my fav DLC out of both Borderlands games

Hmm, sounds like I am not as far...made the mistake of playing this on the UTVHM or whatnot and its hard. All enemies at least a 59 and some level 63....so its slow going

This may be my fav DLC out of both Borderlands games

You can go back and play on Normal AND True Vault Hunter Mode and STILL earn XP if you're not Level 61 yet.

Love it, currently playing it as a Lvl 55 Commando in TVHM and it's a challenge but not as rough as Ultimate mode. It's hilarious and I'm glad to see all the characters involved for the most part! Best DLC for Borderlands 2!

It makes me wish Gearbox would make a Medieval/Fantasy styled Borderlands. This DLC looks amazing!

Thanks, Bardoon, Thought about starting over, but then, its starting over...ARGH
DLC is awesome

You don't have to start over. Just re-load your character in "True" or "Normal" mode and complete any quests there you haven't done unless you've done them all.

The DLC is also not closed out because you complete it in one mode, you can play it up to three times with the same character in each of the different modes and still earn XP. And it saves your progress across ALL of the different game modes.

What's the preferred method of grinding/farming to get the good stuff?

Once you finish the main quest, do you do the DLC, to get to high levels, or go to TVHM, or just farm the bosses to get better gear? It seems like you need to max out your level first, then you can get the best gear. But, at that point, you're at high level with the best gear and the game is complete/finished.

So, what's the best way to experience what the game has to offer once the first playthrough is completed?

Just started Tiny Tina's DLC in Ultimate mode. Woooo!

Once you finish the main quest, do you do the DLC, to get to high levels, or go to TVHM, or just farm the bosses to get better gear? It seems like you need to max out your level first, then you can get the best gear. But, at that point, you're at high level with the best gear and the game is complete/finished.

So, what's the best way to experience what the game has to offer once the first playthrough is completed?

The good gear comes as you play.
If you've done the first play through (including DLC) then up it to True Vault Hunter mode and start again .....and then repeat with Ultimate Vault Hunter mode :yess:

loved borderlands and started borderlands 2. started playing with a friend online from a different location and no matter what we did, we would get over run. the more we killed, the more came after us. we were on the easiest level for multi-player and still got smoked even though both of us were fairly good at the game. i don't know if this has been corrected in the game but we stopped playing because it's no fun to get your *ss handed to you every time. LOL

Played through Tina's DLC yesterday. It was a blast. Played with a buddy in Ultimate mode and got our a$$e$ handed to use a bunch of times, but it's a lot of fun. Funny too.

loved borderlands and started borderlands 2. started playing with a friend online from a different location and no matter what we did, we would get over run. the more we killed, the more came after us. we were on the easiest level for multi-player and still got smoked even though both of us were fairly good at the game. i don't know if this has been corrected in the game but we stopped playing because it's no fun to get your *ss handed to you every time. LOL

The level locks to whatever level you are when you enter an area and increases as more players enter. It should be a challenge at times, but never too tough. if you're completely overwhelmed you guys might just need to get some better gear, using the right elements against the right enemies.

Here's what I found works great:

-Complete the Main Story Missions FIRST. Do a few side-quests if you need some levels up, but NOT ones with important items that you might want.

-Do side-quests after as they level with your character. DO NOT get the side-quest from the quest-giver until you are ready to do it.

-Same with DLC, main story quests first, then side-quests.

-If you've downloaded the Ultimate Vault Hunter pack you can continue to level your character up in Normal, True and Ultimate Vault Hunter mode. The game saves your characters progress in ALL different modes so you can flip between the three.

-From my best knowledge, Legendary (Orange) Items only have TWO versions, a Level 1-50 versions with 50 being the max AND a Uber-Max Level 61 version. There are no Level 51-60 versions of the orange items. So if you want a Level 61 Legendary, you might want to wait until you're Level 61 to try and farm it.

-On harder difficulty modes, SLAG becomes essential, have a good Slag weapon to nail enemies with and then a powerful elemental weapon to take them down in their weakened state.

Back