Borderlands 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah guessed they would have done a buttload of repaints *sigh* Any hope for more releases that aren't Claptrap?

Not sure. The line is on hold right now - not cancelled - so there is still hope.

Given the wide range of characters and the visual style of the whole line, it'd be stupid not to continue it. They're pretty. And Borderlands 2 brought the series quite a bit of popularity, so we'll see.

Yeah guessed they would have done a buttload of repaints *sigh* Any hope for more releases that aren't Claptrap?

There is no hope....some are hanging onto (false) hope, but the line is dead. Aside from clappys...

remember that Jack robot they did for Gears of war they put on hold? that was 5 years ago and we are still waiting...

There is no hope....some are hanging onto (false) hope, but the line is dead. Aside from clappys...

remember that Jack robot they did for Gears of war they put on hold? that was 5 years ago and we are still waiting...
What a stupid response. If Claptraps are being released, then that means the line isn't dead, obviously, because figures from the line are still being released. Repaints, sure, but they're still part of the line. So you've basically contradicted yourself from the off, there. I'm not sure how you've turned the line being on hold into 'there is no hope' - there would only be no hope if they'd announced the line was ending.

So basically your entire post is nonsense. Please avoid posting a nonsense response, especially when someone else has already replied with the right answer.

What a stupid response.

Stupid? Don't be ignorant; I was speaking from historical perspective. Claptrap DOES NOT equal a line of figures. Its equals a line of repaints.

Lets see. 1 Psycho figure. 3 Claptraps. I am looking more correct that not. Just because you disagree with my POV does not make it stupid. The game came out last year. We are almost halfway thru this one and NO WORD from NECA on figures in this line, other than Claptraps.

So basically your entire post is nonsense. Please avoid posting a nonsense response, especially when someone else has already replied with the right answer.

Right answer? As if yours in the only (possible) correct statement? You gotta be young, right?

Last edited:
They should release Claptraps repainted as other characters from the game.

Assassin Claptrap, Gunzerker Claptrap, Blue Siren Claptrap, Commando Claptrap... :monkey4

Stupid? Don't be ignorant; I was speaking from historical perspective. Claptrap DOES NOT equal a line of figures. Its equals a line of repaints.
It means that the line is still alive. Figures are still being made and released by NECA under the Borderlands brand. Therefore, the line is still going.
Lets see. 1 Psycho figure. 3 Claptraps. I am looking more correct that not. Just because you disagree with my POV does not make it stupid.
It does, because this isn't a matter of opinion. The fact is that, officially, the line is currently on hold. That's a fact. This isn't a discussion of opinion, yet everything you say is based on your opinion and gut instincts. You're fundamentally and factually wrong - you say the line isn't going on at all right now, when it is. Even if those releases are repaints, that still counts as the line and license still being made use of.
The game came out last year. We are almost halfway thru this one and NO WORD from NECA on figures in this line, other than Claptraps.
Er, Prometheus came out last summer and we're only just getting the second wave. Predator came out in 1987 and we're still getting figures. The point being that when something first came out has no bearing on whether or not figures are released.
Right answer? As if yours in the only (possible) correct statement? You gotta be young, right?
Mine IS the only possible correct statement! This isn't down for opinion or debate -this is about facts. New non-repaints in the line ARE on hold. That's the official word. The Claptrap releases are re-paints, which STILL COUNT as a continuation of the line, because the figures are being released the and branding is still being used. They're not a separate Claptrap sub-section of the line or anything like that - they're Borderlands figures, and are being released as such. And these particular Borderlands figures are still selling and retailers are interested - which makes the 'false hope' you speak of a stupid thing to say, seeing as people still like Borderlands to some degree. Someone wanting a complete set of every Borderlands figure would STILL COUNT these Claptrap repaints in that, because they're part of the line. I don't know how to put it any more clearly.

What you said IS wrong because you brought opinion and gut instinct into something which is a matter of fact. Hey, maybe the line will be forever on hold and never be released and then get cancelled - okay - but right NOW, it's on hold. That's a fact, no two ways about it. For you to respond with 'It's dead' is utterly misleading and unhelpful. The guy originally wanted the facts - the actual company-announced most recent update on the line - which I provided, and then you just dressed up your opinion/instincts as 'fact', which DOES make you completely wrong. Had you presented as an opinion, then fair enough, but you didn't.

The irony here is that you and I both want the line to continue. I wanted it to have a long, long run, and am totally bummed out that its in threat of it not happening.

So, apparently NECA are announcing something Borderlands-based soon.

GIMME ZERO AND MORDECAI AND HANDSOME JACK AND I'LL BE HAPPY.

More Claptrap!
7jHpZ5W.gif

From a Figures.com article where they took a tour of NECA studios.

NECA DIRECT:

Last but not least, NECA revealed the big news that they will be launching a direct to consumer program. While full details are expected to be announced soon, the goal is to provide fans with items that otherwise wouldn't see retail release. Items confirmed include a Predator Trophy Skull 10-Pack and a Bioshock Splicer 2-Pack featuring the Crawler and variant Ladysmith. There are some plans for Borderlands as well. Stay tuned for a full announcement, but this is amazing news for figures that would normally not see release at traditional retail locations.

Last edited:
Back