Boba Fett Life-Size Bust!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Boba Fett Life-Size Bust

for me the problem is i have MR Fett helmet signed i pay 400$.. Now if i want Sideshow Fett who is almost the same helmet than MR but with a little bit more armored i have to pay 800$..

MR Boba Fett helmet or Sideshow Fett bust? ( I know in a perfect world both of them will be great)

i will wait until i see difference scale between MR vader helmet and Sideshow Vader bust and after that is Sideshow is really 1:1 ont this one probably will buy Fett bust but right now i'm afraid about Sideshow scale..

No brainer...get the MR....it is 5 times more detailed...even with the mandible pinch...its way superior over this from first look.

Is there a chance that they'll add the jet pack since a lot of people are complaining about it? :confused:Maybe the photos are just prototypes not the finished product.
:chew

I'm pretty sure that's what you will be getting. I don't think Sideshow's ever changed a product any more significantly than when tweaking the Dooku PF likeness. Also since it's a third party effort as with the Vader bust, it's less likely they'll change anything.

$800 and no jetpack, ezpass. Can get 3 other quality pieces for that price.

I think the jetpack will be part of the LSB which you know has to be in the pipeline. Meanwhile, at least to me, this bust is way more interesting than the lonely MR helmet. At least here you've got some of the armor! The only thing I have to decide is whether to get this or the 'plastic' Boba PF...

Ordered as well...I decide whether to keep him after SDCC, hopefully SSC will have it on display.

Also, I hope SSC limits this to 300 or 400 of these...If its more than 500, I might cancel.

I am not very good in spotting details and from the pics posted so far, I think this is quite a good 1:1 scale bust. However, I must also admit that I won't be getting this because it is priced way out of my reach. At $800 and with the high international shipping cost, import tax, VAT etc, I am easily looking at $1200 for this item alone.

If SSC is using this to test the price limit of the market, then it will be interesting to see what happens next. Low order numbers may send the message that this is way too expensive. On the other hand, if they sell out, then SSC will probably priced all their future 1:1 busts at or around this "new" price point. Just my personal two cents worth. :)

Kinda ticked that they didn't show the 1/6 Yoda for the Toyfair event. I dont care for OT SW armor characters from any of the licensed companies, because they symmetize and sanitize them.

I like the imperfect, non symmetrical, made by hand look of the originals.

Well, the lack of the jetpack is unforgivable sideshow , is a fact, If we compare it with Bossk's bust it is too expensive, i repeat : I am going to buy it for being a fan of Boba and for my collection, but for 800 $ it should have more detail.

No brainer...get the MR....it is 5 times more detailed...even with the mandible pinch...its way superior over this from first look.

Have the MR sig helmet but will sell it to get the bust. Really the only way I can afford the bust but it is more impressive piece. No brainer for me.

$800 and no jetpack, ezpass. Can get 3 other quality pieces for that price.

What quality pieces are those?

If SSC is using this to test the price limit of the market, then it will be interesting to see what happens next. Low order numbers may send the message that this is way too expensive. On the other hand, if they sell out, then SSC will probably priced all their future 1:1 busts at or around this "new" price point. Just my personal two cents worth. :)

Doubt it. Just seems to be a higher price point for characters with helmets. Since Maul bust prices have dropped.

Well, I'm thinking this one will sell out regardless just because of the character. There's a lot of fanboys that'll pay $$$ for this regardless of what its lacking.
Well, the lack of the jetpack is unforgivable sideshow , is a fact, If we compare it with Bossk's bust it is too expensive, i repeat : I am going to buy it for being a fan of Boba and for my collection, but for 800 $ it should have more detail.

This is what I'm thinking. They priced it this high because they're banking on the Fett fans to drop $$$ no matter what.

5x more detailed, that's alot...Please explain. Im not an expert of Fett's helmet, I would like to know 5x more detailed...

400026_press02-001.jpg
o_BOBA_FETT_HELMET_LE1.jpg

and here's Wookielovin's custom
combined1.jpg

You could see the differences in the level of detail.

400026_press02-001.jpg
o_BOBA_FETT_HELMET_LE1.jpg

and here's Wookielovin's custom
combined1.jpg

You could see the differences in the level of detail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackpot76 View Post
5x more detailed, that's alot...Please explain. Im not an expert of Fett's helmet, I would like to know 5x more detailed...

He pretty much cleared it up...if you look there is alot more detail..and correct detail, used. The MR helmet was painted up using the actual helmet for ESB production..on the back it even has a small area with green marker smudge which was on the helmet now. Also..the color is off on the Sideshow bust...the green is off..the helmet's mandibles look to be colored the red that the ROTJ helmet was colored and not ESB. The "cat scratch" damage mark above his right eye looks more like a cat turd

Back