Boba Fett Life-Size Bust!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Boba Fett Life-Size Bust

What's the estimated cost of the custom pictured?

On a full suit it can cost anywhere from 2.5K-5K for the upper bust, in that shot your looking at about. 1500 maybe? if you cheaped out on parts then maybe 700.00.

All the mechanics move also. from the range finder to the LED in the chest.

https://www.youtube.com/user/jacksonfett#p/a/u/2/Z1MvNCKzH2Y

Oh and here is the MR Version of the helmet. you decide...
https://www.starwarshelmets.com/MR_Boba.htm

I hope SS. does a better job in detail then MR did...

Last edited:

it is not fair to compare a mass produced collectible to a one-of-a-kind custom. Having said that MR dropped the ball by not at least making the visor "straight".

what really bugs me about the SS fett is the lack of the jetpack. I consider myself a "normal" collector in the sense that I don't get upset if a piece is not completely "screen accurate", but I am surprised that folks are willing to fork over $720 (if buying from an AD) for a bust that is missing something so crucial to the character.

Hmm....true, but the Normal collectors aren't spending the $800 for these. Normal collectors would buy the cheap Boba Fett Deluxe Helmet that's $75 and be contempt. You and the other's in here that are dropping the big $$$ on this one are well beyond normal collectors and IMO you need to get as much as possible for that money. For this much money SS needs to include the jetpack.

I agree, but I wasn't talking about the jetpack which for that $$$ should have been included... I'm talking about people that always complain about accuracy... sometimes they are right like when they were complaining about the likeness on the Count Dooku PF portrait which Sideshow then decided to resculpt... but this time I think the Helmet looks right... anyway that said one can always improve something...

it is not fair to compare a mass produced collectible to a one-of-a-kind custom. Having said that MR dropped the ball by not at least making the visor "straight".

what really bugs me about the SS fett is the lack of the jetpack. I consider myself a "normal" collector in the sense that I don't get upset if a piece is not completely "screen accurate", but I am surprised that folks are willing to fork over $720 (if buying from an AD) for a bust that is missing something so crucial to the character.

I guess I could say I am surprised that anyone would fork over any amount of money for say,...,the GG Obi-Wan in clone armor statue or any of the Attakus human statues. If anything is so crucial to a character/statue,..., it is the likeness IMO. Yes,..., it would have been nice to have the jetpack,...,yes,..,it would be nice if it wasn't so pricey,.., but the bottom line is,...collectors will buy what they want. I want this BAD!!!! IMO this is the ultimate Fett collectible next to a lifsize statue.

Yes,..., it would have been nice to have the jetpack,...,yes,..,it would be nice if it wasn't so pricey,.., but the bottom line is,...collectors will buy what they want. I want this BAD!!!! IMO this is the ultimate Fett collectible next to a lifsize statue.

I feel this way as well and have this on Flexpay.

for what it's worth, I sent ss a letter asking them to fix the helmet. I didn't want to _____ but I tried to keep it polite and to the point. referencing the issues with the PF helmet and the problem with the LS bust.

I guess my biggest issue would be that something just looks "off" about the color of the SS one. Could just be the pics... I can't afford it anyway, hopefully it turns out nice.

I love seeing Star Wars items like this appear until I think of how bad ROTJ was and how characters like Fett ended up and it totally kills my interest. LOL

BB

this thing is growing on me...I may use some points and get it for around $550...it's worth that to me. I want more than just the helmet so the MR one won't work and a custom would be more.

this thing is growing on me...I may use some points and get it for around $550...it's worth that to me. I want more than just the helmet so the MR one won't work and a custom would be more.

keep in mind that you will not accummulate any points on the remaining $550. It might be better to use your points to get a $250 statue for free.

keep in mind that you will not accummulate any points on the remaining $550. It might be better to use your points to get a $250 statue for free.

it works out the same though. id feel better about not paying 800 for this than get the $40 in points id be getting by not using the points. really thats the only difference, $40.

you know Vader, I should have all my earned points in my account by the time this comes out. Saving a good deal would probably be the only way I can feel comfortably about spending on this piece.

I guess my biggest issue would be that something just looks "off" about the color of the SS one. Could just be the pics... I can't afford it anyway, hopefully it turns out nice.

No, your right about the color being off. It looks way too cartoony. Boba Fett never looked like that on film. These are the colors you'd get when buying a toy, or a cheap statue not a 1/1 bust!

Last edited:

I hope they bring it to Con, that was my goal on making up my mind.

I missed the news on the edition size. Website shows 1000. Is this old news?

in a good way or bad? i can't tell by looking at the small screen i'm viewing it on at the moment.

The colors in all of those pictures are kind of washed out compared to the ones in Sideshow's official photos. I doubt if the color is actually different.

Back