Boba Fett Customizations/Modifications: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then I take it back.

eczamurai's skills are far inferior to his ego, and he's endlessly and obsessively butchering $250+ worth of collectables to produce a 1/7 scale figure that looks like a cross between an off-the-shelf Medi Boba and one that was attacked with a Brillo pad and dipped in Easter egg dye.:wink1:

I agree that I put FAR too much money in the figure, but I like the end result. :lol

Thanks. It helped having two flight suits. The medi suit was much too snug so it was the guinea pig. China Blue and ~15 minutes of stirring, rinse. I might've even shaved a couple minutes off the sideshow dye job since that suit was a darker greytone to begin with. It was a pretty good guess.

Waitaminute. This is all your fault! I needed a Boba Fett after seeing your mods! You've cost me a great deal of money! I should put a bounty on you...

tsaxRCB.jpg

140322 Download 477.JPG

140322 Download 367.JPG

140322 Download 462.JPG

140322 Download 454.JPG

My version of my ideal Boba, ESB version.

I'm a big fan of the 101st Airborne and I've always fancied Boba was like a version of an airborne ranger. For you purists, I know, I know . . . He's not this or that. But he's my Fett and I love him.

Anyway, enjoy!

He looks great! I love the nod to the 101st Screaming Eagles.

I just always envisioned Fett as having panache. I would've gone for a straight up mohawk, and I'm still thinking about trying to do the "real hair" on the Gree portrait. I deliberated between Gree and Rex - I think both of them have "the look" and the style to be Fett. I figure the jet pack makes Fett a decent airborne type, most definitely a ranger - the Buzz LightYear of Star Wars ;0)

"I think the word you're looking for is 'bounty hunter'. . ."

I worked on those thursday. I unbraided one of my medicom braids, took about 1/3 of the strands, and then re-braided. The size is an improvement but the ends are too fuzzy. I'm going to pick up some hair extensions from a salon and try using hair from those. I expect better results.

Final mods to my perfect Fett (perfect for me) - the key touch being the "reveal". Enjoy -
140322 Download 476.JPG
140322 Download 473.JPG
140421 418.JPG
140421 420.JPG
140421 422.JPG
140421 429.JPG
140421 543.JPG
140421 560.JPG

The marmit helmet actually fits over top of the portrait. It's a bit snug and takes care to put on and take off, but I love it.

Modifying SS Boba Fett

So I today I was lucky enough to purchase the Scum and Villainy Boba Fett for under $400. There are some things I've seen in reviews (not in hand yet) that bug me a bit. Mainly the protrusion of the chest armor. What are some of the modifications you guys have done to remedy known issues with the figure?

In all honesty I would LOVE to eventually have him looking like the Mythos statue.

Re: Modifying SS Boba Fett

Check the Boba Fett thread in the Star Wars action figure section for details on mods, like bending the chest armor and such. Congrats on your purchase!

I hate to sound like I'm totally green here but is there a way to actually find said posts? 800+ pages is a lot to sift through :p

I tried googling it and didn't find anything. Guess I didn't search for the right thing! Thanks a lot :)

Back