Boba Fett Customizations/Modifications: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just so everyone knows DarkSpartan not only gave me a great price on the Medi but basically held onto him while I waited for a new company to make a hiring decision. You're a gentleman and a scholar. I'd wanted a Fett for a while since seeing Eczamurai's project so thank you sir!

Last edited:
Switched to the Sideshow suit to see how it fits. I like that it's a bit more baggy.
A_Feb_2014.jpgA_Feb_2014_3.jpgA_Feb_2014_2.jpgA_Feb_2014_4.jpg

Cape and backpack are now held on by rare earth magnets. The cape now connects to the armor instead of the flight suit. Backpack sits lower and more in line with ESB scenes.

@McHaleyArt - I agree on the jumpsuit. The Medi was too tight around the torso, no slack in the legs. I'm much happier with the SS suit.

@Matt - Only wookie braids I have are from Medicom. I'm going to re-do them, they're too neat and tidy.

The biggest thing is the TT Slim body. There's no comparison in how much better this is to pose and the overall size and body shape looks more correct for Boba.
IVoYbZZ.jpg

Repainted the tomy helmet tonight. Still need to hit the rest of the armor but it's late and I'm tired and don't want to f--k it up.

Before:
NDL9okL.jpg

After:
ybMisst.jpg

Honestly.. the Medi helmets are the most accurate - sculpt wise.

Nice work Kamandi, but that Tomy helmet just doesn't look right to me.

Just started work on my Mythos custom. Not going for total accuracy here as everything I'm doing isn't meant to be permanent. Found a loose Boba belt so I was able to use the pouches to go completely across the front. Picked up 3 loose saber hilts from the Grievous set and will attach those tonight. Used the Indy Arab garb for his "Kama" and just need to weather it a bit more. Adding a Hasbro sniper from Aurra Sing (at least I think that's where it came from). I think that'll be about it and I'll post pics when I'm done.

Aside from painting, is there anything I'm missing?
9B320145-3F4E-4C61-A478-09646F6F2AF6_zpsdq5mxpqx.jpg
D7514261-F9C9-4235-9905-9A6C6AE713B4_zps5a9cljf6.jpg

You can buy Dylon China Blue fabric die for his flight suit and belt pouches at Joann Fabrics and at some Hobby Lobby locations. Definitely re-position the shoulder pads lower so they lay down right. Those are both things that he would need for "Mythos" or "OT" versions.

For the Mythos look you might take the sabers and attach them with leather wraps so they hang a bit. ZYToys make lots of 1:6 rifles that you could kit-bash greebles onto and give him a something like the statue's big gun.

I picked up the white pleather collar and plan to take some slack out of it. You might consider doing the same.

I already have the straps cut for the saber hilts. The hilts are magnetized so they're just placed there for the time being. I'm not too concerned with the shoulder pads or dyeing any fabric. Like I said earlier, this is all meant to be reversible so I can revert him back to standard Boba. I appreciate the feedback though. Cheers.

Sound good Hippie.

I modified the much too large Sideshow leather collar. I've sewn a new seam about 3/8" in from the original and cut away the excess material. This tightened the collar up nicely and it now fits like it should.
K5p9bCY.jpg

I'm going to re-do the braids when I have a few minutes, can't find any good reference for how they should connect to the shoulder on the movie costume. Does anyone have any good closeups?

Back