Boba Fett Customizations/Modifications: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grabbed a Sparrow TT off eBay. $50 shipped BIN, I figured even if I could save $5-10 by stalking an auction, I'd rather just be done with it.

Now I just have to re-read everything regarding the slim. Because despite the fact that I've read all the Slim conversion stuff probably five times, I'm still confused. It's amazing how stupid I am with this stuff.

...Now I just have to re-read everything regarding the slim. Because despite the fact that I've read all the Slim conversion stuff probably five times, I'm still confused. It's amazing how stupid I am with this stuff.
Well, I find for myself that I'm only half-engaged when I'm reading about the tweaks and customizations (just kind of mentally taking notes to revisit certain things later). Once I get a TTS, I'll go through everything in a much more systematic manner and use the best of all the advice at that point.

In regards to the TrueTypes, anyone know why HT no longer just sells their TT bodies seperately at retail? Read an online review of a few bodies from a year or two ago and the pictures clearly showed the bodies packaged for individual sale (as opposed to broken down for resale).

By the way, outstanding avatar. What a genius way to bring together two of my favouite things (and in a pretty subtle way, too). Really well done, cokebabies.

Well, I find for myself that I'm only half-engaged when I'm reading about the tweaks and customizations (just kind of mentally taking notes to revisit certain things later). Once I get a TTS, I'll go through everything in a much more systematic manner and use the best of all the advice at that point.

I'm hoping that's the case. I was all panicky about the vest cutting / hot water bath, but once I had it in hand to work with, it wasn't so bad. But in the abstract, reading on here, it gets jumbled for me. But my plan is to just go head to toe, step by step.

In regards to the TrueTypes, anyone know why HT no longer just sells their TT bodies seperately at retail? Read an online review of a few bodies from a year or two ago and the pictures clearly showed the bodies packaged for individual sale (as opposed to broken down for resale).

They still do, at least for some models. The TTM19 muscle bodies came out at retail like a year ago. But I don't know if they're limited edition, or what, because they're all sold out now. It is genuinely odd that they don't have them on an always available basis. Maybe they figure that if people can't buy a TT, they might buy a figure for just the body? I have no idea.

By the way, outstanding avatar. What a genius way to bring together two of my favouite things (and in a pretty subtle way, too). Really well done, cokebabies.

Thanks, but I can't take credit for the creation. I saw this gif somewhere (I think on a what.cd forum) and just thought, "I'M STEALING THAT!"

...Thanks, but I can't take credit for the creation. I saw this gif somewhere (I think on a what.cd forum) and just thought, "I'M STEALING THAT!"
Ah, I see. Given your last avatar, I thought for sure you'd created the new one. Good catch. Have never run across it before.

Re: Modified Sideshow Boba Fett

I hate when in an open leg pose, the bottom of the feet are not flat touching the ground.

:lecture

That is my biggest pet peeve in 1/6. I can't hang with molded boots anymore. Restricted ankle articulation is the worst.

You seen the new GI joe crimson guard boots? looks like a good idea, a shoe, then the trunk of a boot ontop but unattached, looks the part and has movement. Hope that happens more

If you want coke, ill do a step by step guide :lecture, seems a lot of words and tips gone back and fourth without it being consolidated in an easy to follow guide :lol

If you want coke, ill do a step by step guide :lecture, seems a lot of words and tips gone back and fourth without it being consolidated in an easy to follow guide :lol

If other people would like that as well, I'd definitely be interested. But I don't want you to have to go to any effort because I'm dense.

The worst place you can go wrong, which happened to me, as the foot pegs wouldn't come out without risk of deforming the actual soft rubber boot, so I had to operate with a scalpel. I didn't like this so bought new boba boots for round #2, but they just popped out without heating. I recommend thin pliers to get into the boot to grip the SSC peg, then even destroy the peg if you have to, to get it out (dw, the hot toys ball peg gives you awesome ankle articulation and is really tight)

then enjoy this guy

boba5lowquality.png

I still don't have the longer foot pegs, so if you think he looks a bit stunted it can be sorted by finding those

The worst place you can go wrong, which happened to me, as the foot pegs wouldn't come out without risk of deforming the actual soft rubber boot, so I had to operate with a scalpel. I didn't like this so bought new boba boots for round #2, but they just popped out without heating. I recommend thin pliers to get into the boot to grip the SSC peg, then even destroy the peg if you have to, to get it out (dw, the hot toys ball peg gives you awesome ankle articulation and is really tight)

then enjoy this guy

boba5lowquality.png

I still don't have the longer foot pegs, so if you think he looks a bit stunted it can be sorted by finding those

I may have asked you this before, Mort, but why not drop the Boba boots in some hot water before pulling the pegs out? I've done this with other Sideshow figures & it makes that maneuver easy-peasy.

BTW, great pics. If I hadn't already put my Boba on the slim TT, seeing how much better it made yours would have convinced me!

The first shoes were heated, I nearly turned them inside out from force and hurt my elbow from pulling

I apologise that this is a terrible wall of text, it would take as long to do the switch as it would to read it so don't worry about it, the anxiety of altering an expensive figure is the only inhibitor

When undressing fett from the SSC body, I'd recommend cutting 1 side of the hip armour to get it off easily and onto the tt slim, it gets held in place by the belts - there is a tricky way to get it off and on without cutting though as somebody said they did it.

- If you have a TT with a neck post like jack sparrow, they often come without the neck ball joint - this can be scavenged from the ssc body, just pull the grey ssc neck post out and cut down 1 side and open it like a book (I used a small metal saw), the upper ball peg should come out and slot right into the TT neck post.

- If screamish about this, try and buy a HT slim neck, which is only going to be Sweeney Todd's thesedays for $15-20, or a cheap SSC neck from a part site to cut open. You won't need to cut open a HT neck, as their ball pegs pop out easily. Mostly though you won't be using the Boba body again so dw cutting it's neck (also if you do, its still usable, just put the ball peg back in and reinsert neckpost, the surgery isn't visible on a fig with a covered neck

- If your TT slim has no neck post, like the red skull body, I recommend the cheap option of buying a SSC neck post from another fig, as this is cheaper than a HT neck post and still fits exactly in the gap. You may have to pull out red skull's weird neck adaptor that he has in place of a neck post, and keep it, because its ebayable :lol It lets hot toy heads with sculpted necks fit a TT slim

- Pull the SSC ankle pegs out of boba's boots, I recommend heating and using narrow pliers to get a good grasp, don't worry about damaging these ankle pegs, they are the sort of thing you end up with too many of as figures come with extra feet.

DO NOT TWIST with the pliers, or you will snap the peg in half, making it a lot harder to get out, just try and pull without twist and keep the heat on it.

- Pull the SSC wrist joints from the SSC hands you want to use (really easy). If the body came with the hot toys wrist pegs, slot them on, if not and you don't wanna buy them, you can try and shorten the SSC wrist pegs as shown in a pic earlier by PJB-1138

- Dress Boba up, his clothes may be a bit baggy, but you can use tape underneath the back plate to sinch it in around the body. You'll never see this as the back armour plate and jetpack are over it, and it will probably never come undone. If taping your figures is secret is distasteful, learn to sew lol

- To get his feet onto the TT slim, leave the TT ball joint ankle pegs in the body, heat the shoe, and push the leg all you can into the foot hole, make sure the ball peg stays straight and wait till you feel it pop in, should be tighter as these ankle ball pegs are bigger than SSC's

- To get the gauntlet armour on, push the sleeves down over the vacant hand slot, twist it around and tape it, then slide the gauntlet on, while holding (with tweezer if need be) the bound sleeves so they don't slide up the arm with the armour. Like putting a jumper on over long sleeve shirt but weirder.

Futzing may be required to have the legs not look so baggy, this isnt to do with the tt slim as such, but ssc made his jump suit baggier and as the TT slim is a tad shorter it can make him look dumpy, literally just gotta shape it around his leg and let the slack be at the back as if he is standing facing wind.

Sorry for no pictures, it is all pretty easy and I did it in about 15mins casually with the tv on, don't worry as everything is fixable with superglue :lol

Warning - mind where you grip him, some of it is quite physical, like getting the feet on. His gauntlet tube and darts are really fragile, as is the knee armour pointy bits.

Last edited:

then enjoy this guy

boba5lowquality.png

Great pose IMO!

Once I get this one in hand, I plan to change his vest with the Medi vest, with Sideshow's armor pieces glued on it. Love his armor, hate the vest on Sideshow's.

Good idea, I'm looking for a greyish t-shirt thing I can use to replace the vest too, with repainted armour attached (gonna give repainting it all a go)

I apologise that this is a terrible wall of text, it would take as long to do the switch as it would to read it so don't worry about it, the anxiety of altering an expensive figure is the only inhibitor

When undressing fett from the SSC body, I'd recommend cutting 1 side of the hip armour to get it off easily and onto the tt slim, it gets held in place by the belts - there is a tricky way to get it off and on without cutting though as somebody said they did it.

- If you have a TT with a neck post like jack sparrow, they often come without the neck ball joint - this can be scavenged from the ssc body, just pull the grey ssc neck post out and cut down 1 side and open it like a book (I used a small metal saw), the upper ball peg should come out and slot right into the TT neck post.

- If screamish about this, try and buy a HT slim neck, which is only going to be Sweeney Todd's thesedays for $15-20, or a cheap SSC neck from a part site to cut open. You won't need to cut open a HT neck, as their ball pegs pop out easily. Mostly though you won't be using the Boba body again so dw cutting it's neck (also if you do, its still usable, just put the ball peg back in and reinsert neckpost, the surgery isn't visible on a fig with a covered neck

- If your TT slim has no neck post, like the red skull body, I recommend the cheap option of buying a SSC neck post from another fig, as this is cheaper than a HT neck post and still fits exactly in the gap. You may have to pull out red skull's weird neck adaptor that he has in place of a neck post, and keep it, because its ebayable :lol It lets hot toy heads with sculpted necks fit a TT slim

- Pull the SSC ankle pegs out of boba's boots, I recommend heating and using narrow pliers to get a good grasp, don't worry about damaging these ankle pegs, they are the sort of thing you end up with too many of as figures come with extra feet.

DO NOT TWIST with the pliers, or you will snap the peg in half, making it a lot harder to get out, just try and pull without twist and keep the heat on it.

- Pull the SSC wrist joints from the SSC hands you want to use (really easy). If the body came with the hot toys wrist pegs, slot them on, if not and you don't wanna buy them, you can try and shorten the SSC wrist pegs as shown in a pic earlier by PJB-1138

- Dress Boba up, his clothes may be a bit baggy, but you can use tape underneath the back plate to sinch it in around the body. You'll never see this as the back armour plate and jetpack are over it, and it will probably never come undone. If taping your figures is secret is distasteful, learn to sew lol

- To get his feet onto the TT slim, leave the TT ball joint ankle pegs in the body, heat the shoe, and push the leg all you can into the foot hole, make sure the ball peg stays straight and wait till you feel it pop in, should be tighter as these ankle ball pegs are bigger than SSC's

- To get the gauntlet armour on, push the sleeves down over the vacant hand slot, twist it around and tape it, then slide the gauntlet on, while holding (with tweezer if need be) the bound sleeves so they don't slide up the arm with the armour. Like putting a jumper on over long sleeve shirt but weirder.

Futzing may be required to have the legs not look so baggy, this isnt to do with the tt slim as such, but ssc made his jump suit baggier and as the TT slim is a tad shorter it can make him look dumpy, literally just gotta shape it around his leg and let the slack be at the back as if he is standing facing wind.

Sorry for no pictures, it is all pretty easy and I did it in about 15mins casually with the tv on, don't worry as everything is fixable with superglue :lol

Warning - mind where you grip him, some of it is quite physical, like getting the feet on. His gauntlet tube and darts are really fragile, as is the knee armour pointy bits.

Wow! Very nice wall of info. Thanks for putting this up, some of that may seem common sense once you've done it a time or two, but this may really help anyone afraid to try for the first time. :clap

Back