Boba Fett Customizations/Modifications: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eczamurai figured this one out, here's some pics of how to do it without tricky disassembly.

IMG_0449.jpg

The bits to the side circled need severed, I drilled em. The helmet still holds together just fine, don't worry lol

IMG_0450.jpg

flared one is on the left, it looks a bit funny atm because the antenna needs bent upright to compensate for the change

The bit of the visor at the bottom will need carefully glued with the runny superglue (nothing thick, use the cyanoacrylate sort) as it will stick out and look goofy - use a pin or needle to get the smallest drop in there so it doesn't gunk up your visor on the outside!

this is the pic i'm using for reference

boba%20esb.jpg

Funnily enough it looks like the real life prop was flared in a similar way, as all pics of prototypes and the rotj one looks like what ssc did, whereas the esb flared one seems to just been put together in a slightly squished way from the front (causing the angled sides to stick out = flare)

You can try an 11mm or 12mm piece of plastic if my flare looks too much, I still have to decide that when I dress boba up again, haven't glued it in yet!

Last edited:
IMG_0449.jpg

The bits to the side circled need severed, I drilled em. The helmet still holds together just fine, don't worry lol

IMG_0450.jpg

flared one is on the left, it looks a bit funny atm because the antenna needs bent upright to compensate for the change

The bit of the visor at the bottom will need carefully glued with the runny superglue (nothing thick, use the cyanoacrylate sort) as it will stick out and look goofy - use a pin or needle to get the smallest drop in there so it doesn't gunk up your visor on the outside!

this is the pic i'm using for reference

boba%20esb.jpg

Funnily enough it looks like the real life prop was flared in a similar way, as all pics of prototypes and the rotj one looks like what ssc did, whereas the esb flared one seems to just been put together in a slightly squished way from the front (causing the angled sides to stick out = flare)

You can try an 11mm or 12mm piece of plastic if my flare looks too much, I still have to decide that when I dress boba up again, haven't glued it in yet!

Pfff, stealing my mod and trying to take the credit? Don't think so.

EDIT: NVM, saw you referring to me in a previous post. :p

Glad to see you pulled it off! Works wonders doesnt it?

Pfff, stealing my mod and trying to take the credit? Don't think so.

EDIT: NVM, saw you referring to me in a previous post. :p

Glad to see you pulled it off! Works wonders doesnt it?

Sounds like you put a bounty on me :lol it looks great on half naked boba atm, can wait to paint it up and change out the life jacket vest for a thinner material and finally enjoy it all lol

Thanks Mortifactor! That looks awesome! I will have to try it, and pray I don't screw up

The only place you can screw this up is in the gluing of the lower visor, if any leaks onto the outside its game over! just be super careful with a pin or needle dunked in glue, poke it in down the side of where the visor is attached then remove the needle, glue should remain. Then hold it for like 10mins while watching tv just to make sure its stuck (as glue on an already failed glued surface works like crap and this is such a tight area!)

You only have to get the back part of the visor stuck in due to its notched shape so no need for glue on the front where its visible

well mine turned up today at last, overall pretty happy with it, looks better in person than in most pics.
Course, 1st thing i did when i got it was the cut the clear plastic behind the chest armour, heat and bend the ab plate with a hair dryer, makes a massive improvement:

fett-ab.jpg

fett-ab2.jpg

i also noticed the shoulder armour is too high, close and the wrong angle, so tore them off and re-glued them with a bit of extra padding:

fett.jpg

something i've noticed is missing, is the white strap that goes from the bottom of the codpeice up to the kidney plate. that'll be the next thing i add to it.
Overall, more impressed than i thought i'd be, compared to my full Fett suit, its pretty close, think the armour colour is too light, but its so nicely painted i don't want to repaint it!

Nice catch about the cheeks, its mainly the horizontal part of the t visor that bugs me still, if you look at boba's, the curve moves up slightly, but on ssc's, its drooping downwards

Nice catch about the cheeks, its mainly the horizontal part of the t visor that bugs me still, if you look at boba's, the curve moves up slightly, but on ssc's, its drooping downwards

:exactly: Hits you in the face, it's so obvious.

Great mods by the way everyone. :)

The horizontal part of the T visor is the issue of a straight line curved around the helmet becomes a curved line when viewed from the front (I'm sure somehow linked to the coriolis effect.) i.e. on the real Boba helmet, that line, stretched out, would be slightly curved even though it appears straight. This issue is what did in my attempt at a 1/6 Boba helmet...:gah:

If you are trying for 100% accuracy, there are certain things you will just have to live with with the SSC helmet. In addition to the cheeks error, the L/R tips of the SSC T visor don't narrow enough (makes the real Boba look more "squinted",) the dome is too vertical, the antenna thing is too short, even the mandibles look a little short based off the overall "face" proportion. There are also things that are just a product of it being 1/6 scale - the "ears" being so thick etc.

:lol Oh Yeah. :lecture Don't make me put a lawsuit on you!

You're an *ss, but you're forgiven so long as you keep doing things like tearing apart your Medi AND SSC Boba's helmets to see if they can be made better. King of Awesome... for now.

Agreed on those other points Squeak. There's a lot to criticize about the figure - indeed, but I think that's been done enough.. so I won't bore everyone by playing that record. :lol

For those that like the figure - cool. For those that want to improve it - awesome.

I couldn't / wouldn't be bothered fixing the issues, so it's a figure that I'll never buy.

Yeah, looking at the side by side pic there are things I'm just gonna live with, and actually not notice as 1/6 is smaller than a blown up pic on screen. Gonna repaint though :p Just as long as the profile is right, as that is a big deal to me (helmet flare, slim body etc)

i did the helmet flare mod thanks to mortifactor and ezcsamurai :)
im pretty happy with the outcome, but the only thing i could find to stick in there and get the flare i wanted was a washer and it impedes head movement on the neck, so ill have to keep searching for something else

Thanks rnbuda! It's actually pretty easy as mortifactor said, the hardest part is finding the right thing to wedge in there and get the flare you want.
I ended up using a file to break through the bits on the sides because I don't have a dremel anymore, and my drill wasn't charging fast enough :p

Just found this thread. Lots of great work here guys. Can't wait to go back and read through it all.

Back