Boba Fett Customizations/Modifications: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mortifactor, I got the boot pegs out by putting the boots in boiling water for longer than the normal soak time. Usually 3 mins is enough to separate parts, but the boots took more like 6 mins (replenishing the boiling water half way) due to the thickness of material.

And that is a wall of text (thought really informative)! You need to go cold turkey on Boba for a while!

Mortifactor - thanks a lot for that, it will be very helpful.

I think the only last thing I need to decide is whether to spring for long pegs. But I think I'll hold off until I have him in hand to see. The short pegs have looked good in the pics I've seen them in, so I don't know if it'll be necessary to spend another $15ish.

swsqueakquels asked for a COMPARISON of my old Hurricane Boba Fett and the new Sideshow Fett.

Keep in mind that the Hurc Fett was built in 2005 from available OTC and Marmit parts along with many original pieces. The Hurc Fett also has the Hasbro talking action (good old original voice), a working, blinking chest LED and a light-up bulb on the jetpack. Also, real metal barrel on the rifle, toe spikes and knee guns. The helmet is removable to reveal what I thought Fett should look like but he is very fragile and I'm terrified to remove the helmet now. You can almost see him through the real visor...

Anyway, the pics......

HurcFettvSSFett1_zps9402ccf2.jpg
HurcFettvSSFett2_zps513c992b.jpg

HurcFettvSSFett5_zps194e5052.jpg
HurcFettvSSFett3_zpsa072391b.jpg

HurcFettvSSFettCOMP1_zpsc1a01c63.jpg

Curious to hear feedback...

That modded Marmit is in every way superior to the Sideshow figure.

Only thing that looks a tiny bit off, proportionately (for me), is Hurc's helm when viewed straight on. Otherwise, what a great piece. Can't believe he managed to incorporate working chest and backpack lights way back in '05. Also, that green looks much, much better.

The wider helm looks better and more screen accurate as is the green. Also the Sideshow leg pockets bug me. Too square.

Thanks for the compliments, gents.

Hurc Fett really blew my mind in 2005. Amazing that it still holds up against the Sideshow in 2012... and in many cases is far better. I think there's more right with the Hurc Fett than with the SS Fett. But I'm happy to have both. Similar differences between my Hurc Vader and the SS Vader.

Looks great considering the age and the gimmicks hes got installed and doesn't look too bad on the side shots, but from the front he just looks god awful sloppy for some reason. Some of it may be that weird wide leg stance you're posing him in.

He does have the "monkey arm" thing going on that was fairly common back in 2005-2006. Body swap isn't an option. Hurc figures are generally fixed for life. It is a creature of its time. That's what nostalgia is all about.

Here's a pic where you can see the front LED light and the antennae light from the jetpack over his shoulder:

picofFettlightsforSSFpost9-23-12_zps56221419.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliments, gents.

Hurc Fett really blew my mind in 2005. Amazing that it still holds up against the Sideshow in 2012... and in many cases is far better. I think there's more right with the Hurc Fett than with the SS Fett. But I'm happy to have both. Similar differences between my Hurc Vader and the SS Vader.
Wow man - amazing custom Boba figure!!! :clap :hi5: :rock

Like you said - it's got more right going on with it than the SSC one - for sure.

It's funny, back in 2005 I paid a ton of dollars for this and my Hurc Vader... but in today's dollars (HT dollars) it was a real steal considering the working sounds and light as well.

Finally got my Fett... what can I say... :monkey2
After seeing how much stuff needs to be done to make it look decent. I'd rather just get a RAH Massive for my Medi ESB one and call it a day...
oh well... great work everybody! :D

I just ripped the armour off his chest piece and added flare to his helmet eczamurai style - going for the total repaint soon! (also noticed his chest armour segments are a lot more narrow than on screen grrr)

Will do, he is in pieces sat waiting atm, might not be able to start till I figure out how to do decals (for his chest logo and helmet scorecount) When I start I shall return to this thread to spam it once more :lol

Ill get a pic of the helmet flare mod soon, as that is the easiest mod I've ever done - You literally just take out the cloth bit and jam a bit of plastic in and wedge it wider. You don't have to disassemble it like eczamurai did (he did that for repainting purposes mostly I think)

Back