[Blitzway] The Silence of the Lambs: Hannibal Lecter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway 1/6 Scale Hannibal Lecter

I'm torn on which one I want. I'd prefer the closed mouth sculpt with a blue navy jumpsuit. But the gurney is awesome as well. I'm just not 100% sold on that sculpt. Anyone else think he looks a little too old for SOTL look?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I said that too. I think both heads look too old.

These figures are the grail of grails I can't wait for both. Thy are perfect.

Interchangeable static arms is brilliant and revolutionary this needs to become a new standard for this hobby. Obviously though I want articulated arms as an option to snap out too.

I think the age on the portraits will soften through the mass production process, I think it's a case of the prototype over exaggerating textures and lines, even Hot Toys often shows more skin texture in prototypes where what comes out as a final result is more subtle and realistic.

The NRD is interesting, BBTS has never asked for one before, hope this isn't a new trend, I moved to them because they don't charge NRD unlike Sideshow.

I want this, but not sure I want to waste $27 on the chance I'll still get it later.

Going by other products, the NRD seems unique to only certain items, my guess is the manufacturer's are requiring certain conditions so BBTS has to cover themselves.

Yeah, I can't figure out the logic to their NRD system yet. They've had a system in place for a while actually, but it usually only applied to really expensive items that I'm sure they didn't want sticking around in their warehouse. Now, along with the web redesign and new shipping discount, they seem to be using it more frequently. But why apply it here, and with the Hot Toys 1/4 scale figures, but not to the Hot Toys Vader and Tarkin set? Could be stuff behind the scenes we don't know about.

It just sucks, I'm torn, I want a nice, 1/6 Lecter, it's been a dream figure since I got into collecting 1/6 figures, and on one hand, I could get the original SW Our World Head and the new SW Our World figure with blue jumpsuit and have my dream look for $150, or spend close to $300 and have the Blitzway quality. I'm leaning towards saving as the other sculpt is pretty good for such an inexpensive figure, and I don't see people parting out the Blitzway figure.

Personally, it's Blitzway or nothing for me (and actually, it's Blitzway!). If you pay half as much, you're actually getting less than half the product in this case IMO, because you don't get the dolly and masks, or chair and sculpted arms, in addition to having what is likely a low quality figure without a great likeness IMO.

Both of these sets look great imo. I'll definitely be getting one of them, probably the straight jacket version. I find it refreshing to see deluxe sets like these being offered. I like the price too. I'm really happy with what Blitzway is doing right now.

Personally, it's Blitzway or nothing for me (and actually, it's Blitzway!). If you pay half as much, you're actually getting less than half the product in this case IMO, because you don't get the dolly and masks, or chair and sculpted arms, in addition to having what is likely a low quality figure without a great likeness IMO.

This is going to be my display, so if I go Blitzway, it'd be the white suit version, so no mask, no dolly, a chair I wouldn't use and other accessories I could care less about, I could get most of the other parts off eBay from other figures or print my own art pieces from film stills.

SILENCEOFTHELAMBS2.jpg

The problem is, who knows if the blue suit figure from SW will be parted out, so you're talking like $120 just to get that set for the jumpsuit, on top of $270 for Blitzway to get the figure, now it's $400 so I can have a figure that just stands very plainly, that's why I'm torn.

This is going to be my display, so if I go Blitzway, it'd be the white suit version, so no mask, no dolly, a chair I wouldn't use and other accessories I could care less about, I could get most of the other parts off eBay from other figures or print my own art pieces from film stills.

SILENCEOFTHELAMBS2.jpg

The problem is, who knows if the blue suit figure from SW will be parted out, so you're talking like $120 just to get that set for the jumpsuit, on top of $270 for Blitzway to get the figure, now it's $400 so I can have a figure that just stands very plainly, that's why I'm torn.
So you do just need that sculpt, then. Hard to know the best move there. If it is parted out, those heads will go for a premium, since it is a major selling point, and some will want them for bloody repaints and other kit-bashes to existing Lambs figures.

If I were in your shoes, though, and if you would be OK with the manic look, I would probably go for the dolly set and the bootleg, keep the sculpt from the licensed set, replace the bootleg sculpt on the figure in the dolly (hopefully it fits!), and sell off the Blitzway set with the replacement head. You could probably still end up getting $200+ for it, because the likeness isn't as crucial there, and the dolly setup is really nice in itself.

That's a pretty sound idea, certainly food for thought. While probably not as big a return, if I get the blue jumpsuit bootleg set, I could include both heads with the rest of the white jumpsuit Blitzway and sell it for like $150 maybe.

Both sets have pros and cons, for my taste. The dolly and mask is the most iconic look of the character, but it doesn't have any arm movement because of the jacket and sculpted arms. So the "figure" is basically a statue.

Then, the other version has the neutral sculpt which I prefer, but the outfit and accessories don't do it for me on their own. The static arms are also a turn off, without the option of having traditional arms with joints.

Ideally, I'd like the blue jump suit, movable arms, neutral sculpt, and the dolly, orange suit and mask as accessories. I guess that's too much to ask for, and not a good business move to include so much in one set.

Still, I hope BW makes a blue jumpsuit version with traditional arms. I'll miss that mask and dolly if it sells out though.

Blitzway, like HT, will probably make the blue suit version you all want after they sell thru on these... assuming people bite.

The minimal accessories and limited nature of this figure coupled with a very steep price has me concerned this is not going to sell well, unless they make very low numbers. Even so, I expect I could pick this up on ebay for at least $40-$60 off the price a few months after release (and even that price isn't extraordinarily cheap).

The deposit stumbles me but I really been waiting for a sixth scale figure of Hannibal Lector for a long time. Both look amazing and not sure which version I want more.

Maulfan you gotta go big or go home on this bud! The price is worth every penny and actually pretty great if you ask me considering what you are getting.

This is one of the top premium characters in movie history from a top brand with a top sculpt. It's also from a top movie. No debate on that one if you look at it that way.

And if you only have to pick one of the two the Dolly is the way to go. It's more iconic and you get more bang for the buck and if you really want you can pick up that blue jumpsuit from the our world a lot easier and more inexpensively than the BW head.

Back