[Blitzway] The Silence of the Lambs: Hannibal Lecter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both sets have pros and cons, for my taste. The dolly and mask is the most iconic look of the character, but it doesn't have any arm movement because of the jacket and sculpted arms. So the "figure" is basically a statue.

Then, the other version has the neutral sculpt which I prefer, but the outfit and accessories don't do it for me on their own. The static arms are also a turn off, without the option of having traditional arms with joints.

Ideally, I'd like the blue jump suit, movable arms, neutral sculpt, and the dolly, orange suit and mask as accessories. I guess that's too much to ask for, and not a good business move to include so much in one set.

Still, I hope BW makes a blue jumpsuit version with traditional arms. I'll miss that mask and dolly if it sells out though.

If it's anything like GB, it won't be out until 3Q 2018... you'll have time to get both.

Both. That's the answer ;)

I'd love to get both but funds are getting much more in check with the hobby so only one for now. Probably going to go with the White Uniform Version comes with a boat load that can make a really amazing display and I love the sculpt more neutral then the expressive one just is creepier. Most think the straight jacket version is iconic which it can be but was not in the film long. The white Jumpsuit wasn't either but comes from a really great moment in the film when he escapes do wish it came with a bloodied face sculpt that would of been cool.

Damn you blitzway this is not a easy choice at all for us.:gah: I know both would be amazing but this 1/6 world has got us damn good lately with so many cool release's. If the 2 pack set was like 450 be easy to decide but i just dont know which to choose maybe go for the 2 pack version and hope for usual delays to give me enough time to get both of him... GRRRRRRRR need to watch movie and decide think on this one. Pretty sure i just sold myself 2 Doctors lol.:slap:horror:lol At least i didnt spend a grand just on 1 custom.:lol:horror:wave Now we need Norton fightclub to red dragon this release.

Maulfan you gotta go big or go home on this bud! The price is worth every penny and actually pretty great if you ask me considering what you are getting.

This is one of the top premium characters in movie history from a top brand with a top sculpt. It's also from a top movie. No debate on that one if you look at it that way.

And if you only have to pick one of the two the Dolly is the way to go. It's more iconic and you get more bang for the buck and if you really want you can pick up that blue jumpsuit from the our world a lot easier and more inexpensively than the BW head.

Don't get me wrong, I think the quality of what's in the package is worth the price, it's just trying to craft my display to my satisfaction. The mask look is iconic, no question, I love the mask so much I have two different 1:1 replicas and the NECA 7" figure. However, for me, the mask is a classic visual, and I have a really good representation in my collection already, but, it doesn't represent the character.

Lecter in his prison blues is what I consider to be the personification of what makes him appealing as a character, it represents the threat he is without being able to lay a finger on anyone, how he's as dangerous, if not more dangerous, behind the glass. So to represent Lecter how I want in a high end figure, Blitzway's stock packages are insufficient and require further expense.

So far, the absolute best plan for me would be buying SW Our World Hannibal 2.0, buy Blitzway white suit version, take the head from Blitzway figure and swap it to the SW figure, pack the two SW heads in with the Blitzway body and accessories and sell it to get some money back. That gets me the outfit I want with the best headsculpt around.

However, that's a lot of work and gambling on recouping money just for a head, or I take the easy route and feel pretty happy with my Lecter cobbling together parts from both SW releases.

I'm not in a position to just spend hundreds on collectibles, one or two multi-hundred dollar items a year is about it, so I'm trying to do this in a way that gets me a Lecter I'm happy with while also keeping money available for other things.

where is everyone ordering from, will sideshow cary them ? cant find on SS or BBTS plan on ordering both, thanks.
Nevermind, Ordered

Re: Blitzway 1/6 Scale Hannibal Lecter

My ordering finger is ready to go,just waiting on Popcultcha to put him up for po

Sent from my HTC 2PS5200 using Tapatalk

I'm just amazed by both figures. And the audacity to introduce immovable yet expressive arms on a 1/6 figure! Brilliant.

Re: Blitzway 1/6 Scale Hannibal Lecter

I ordered from KG Hobby before Popcultcha had them up,glad I did,$800 aud for both versions at Pop,$606 aud for both shipped at KG Hobby.
Now.....the wait

I never preorder anything unless it's coming directly from the manufacturer and you get either an exclusive or at least a sure chance to get it first and not have the prices be jakked up.

I think it's insane to put money down a year before for something that's not a limited or exclusive run.

Then you are stuck there waiting for the guy you preprded it from while everyone else has had it for weeks or months.

I'm probably going to wait to put my order in. Once he starts shipping and I see in hand pics i'll make my judgement but I am excited to see a high end Hannibal coming to us collectors.

Hello, dolly -- you're lookin' swell, dolly!!

(I pre-ordered the dolly version.)

Dolly dollie is the way to go IMO. It does come with a white T, but I checked the Our World ( is it?) Lecter blue jumper ( link below) and I don't like it, wrong shade of blue.

If anyone knows a good substitute or can make one, getting the dolly version and adding a blue jumper would allow for that bonus iconic first look posing option. Possible option is to get this loose and dye it or ask someone to dye it for me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-The-Si...241854?hash=item238b7f76be:g:V2wAAOSw3HJZkoJN

I never preorder anything unless it's coming directly from the manufacturer and you get either an exclusive or at least a sure chance to get it first and not have the prices be jakked up.

I think it's insane to put money down a year before for something that's not a limited or exclusive run.

Then you are stuck there waiting for the guy you preprded it from while everyone else has had it for weeks or months.
The fact that the multi-pack Ghostbusters sets have apparently sold out everyone is an argument for doing the pre-order. Apparently the Hoth speeder Luke also sold out before being released. It's a case by case situation. With regular Hot Toys figures, I typically only pre-order if it is an exclusive, with no NRD through BBTS, or if I get a coupon or noteworthy discount.

I should have mentioned.....I'm insane

It's really difficult choosing a version when they're both great but kinda complete each like if you switched the headsculpts you would get the perfect figure. Also, having them in a limited amount of poses not making it easier.

Back