Blitzway - School of Rock - Dewey Finn (Jack Black)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blitzway is my new favorite 1/6 scale company. They got wasted on the way to SDCC, stopped at a Hollywood yard sale, bought a bunch of licenses from the dollar basket and also picked up a Dust Buster that's missing the power cord. I love these guys! I want more reveals!

I think this is a pleasant surprise. Not everyone in the hobby is a star wars or marvel guy. I am highly looking forward to this.

Got to agree variety and all that,thiink this is cool af, and just a fun piece ,really loving blitzways bravery be easy to churn out the safe stuff.

Meh, it's time and money that could have gone to another license instead. I'm sure the 3 people who love this movie and also happen to be collectors of 12 inch figures will be happy to get this figure tho.

Meh, i's time and money that could have gone to another license instead. I'm sure the 3 people who love this movie and also happen to be collectors of 12 in figures will be happy to get this figure tho.

Exactly. Where's my 1/6 Freddie Mercury at? That one boggles the mind that no one has done it yet.

I loved this figure. It's funny how people in this forum think that the toy companies need to do only what they want.

Oh yeah, because the SSF guys are the main reason why these companies make money. Ok.

Do you mean the largest collectibles community online? Seriously, it's an odd license from a movie that isn't THAT popular. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that like the film, but how many of those people are also willing to spend over $200 dollars on a figure? There's a reason HT has moved on to almost making DC/MARVEL/SW exclusively, because it's mainstream enough. There's an audience for smaller brands, but they have to be popular. Cutthroat Island and School of Rock are a sure way for a small company like BW to lose money, imo.

Do you mean the largest collectibles community online? Seriously, it's an odd license from a movie that isn't THAT popular. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that like the film, but how many of those people are also willing to spend over $200 dollars on a figure? There's a reason HT has moved on to almost making DC/MARVEL/SW exclusively, because it's mainstream enough. There's an audience for smaller brands, but they have to be popular. Cutthroat Island and School of Rock are a sure way for a small company like BW to lose money, imo.

Ok man, I think you are right, my bad. Sorry about that.

I assume those other licences we wanted were to expensive for them. I can't believe this was one of their first choices.

I still think they are far more interesting than HT these days. Looking at their figure, statue and prop reveals from yesterday there is great variety. Other than John Wick it's just more of the same from HT...endless Iron Men and Star Wars.

My bill & Ted will Def be attending the school of Rock.:lol:rock2:rock2 Even not seeing Ted i have no doubt he and Carlin /Rufus and Phonebooth are just stuck in the stream's of Time for right now. I :pray:

Last edited:
6B5A90C2-1FF7-4EF0-8808-700C7B5D36E4.jpg

Sticking it to the man!

Saw this next to Ted yesterday and was so excited, do you realize how much Star Wars and marvel junk there is shoved down you throat?! I was happy to finally see some movement forward! Good on ya blitzway

The head sculpt is off, but that expression conveys a lot of that character’s personality.

Curious to see people complaining about a company doing something new when people here are always complaining about companies making the same old characters over and over, and choosing the same old licenses as well.

If only BW could make a Beetlejuice. I may think this figure is dumb and unnecessary, but they did a good job capturing the likeness and more importantly, the character's personality.

Sculpt is great but for some reason but what's up with Blitzway license. It's feels unnecessary.

Back