Blitzway - School of Rock - Dewey Finn (Jack Black)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The head sculpt is off, but that expression conveys a lot of that character’s personality.

Curious to see people complaining about a company doing something new when people here are always complaining about companies making the same old characters over and over, and choosing the same old licenses as well.

I don't think anyone is complaining about Blitzway doing something new, but what we got isn't exactly exciting either. I just don't think anyone was clamoring for a Jack Black from school of Rock. :lol

There's all sorts of cool licenses they could've gone after instead.
-The Thing
-Blade Runner
-Rocky
-Rambo
-Die Hard
-Aliens
-Lethal Weapon
- Demoltion Man
-Road Warrior

For comedy I would have loved an Eddie Murphy - Coming to America, or any Jim Carrey movie, or even Austin Powers.

Even an Adam Sandler - Wedding Singer figure would be more appealing then this.

For comedy I would have loved an Eddie Murphy - Coming to America, or any Jim Carrey movie, or even Austin Powers.

Even an Adam Sandler - Wedding Singer figure would be more appealing then this.

Agreed. Id like any of those you mentioned.

72FB3E07-DD1D-45B4-959F-B5EA51059CC7.jpeg

Hated demo man, evertthing about it seemed kinda camp and just off,that and dredd really cemented slys downward spiral on my cinematic staircase��

Nah Demoltion man is awesome. Is it over the top and corny? Sure. But so were most movies in that era.

I love this movie. I often watch cult films. Probably in order to clearly understand how the plot is written. My dream is to write scripts and plots myself for directing, but I don't write very grammatically. But my friend helps me. He works at https://paperell.com/write-my-thesis for a special company that specializes in writing customized essays. And my ideas plus his hands are magical. We will share our results soon. Anyone else interested in cinema and scripts?

Why is everyone discussing Demolition Man? Is Blitzway doing that license? As an aside, Sandra Bullock was never more young and beautiful in that movie. It was right when she was starting out and thankfully she replaced Lori Petty (no offense to Lori, but Sandra in her prime was way prettier). Anyway, strange choice but so is School of Rock. I wish Blitzway would get into horror ie, Jason or Michael Myers or Frankenstein's Monster 'cause Blitzway's sculpts and quality are awesome

Agreed given the 3rd party sculpt and clothing sets that are around - I've gotten use to Hot Toys disappointing.

How many iron mans
How many Darth Vaders etc

yet we still can't get penguin or a Part 1 doc brown :rotfl

Wonder what 1:6 stuff sideshow have this year.

Or a Barbossa to go with the 43 Jack Sparrow versions we have!

The movie was charming fun congrats to those possibly getting such a peripheral character, and a company wiling to test the waters.
It's what we need a line willing to take risks.

That said, this one is not for me.
I wouldn't really want either, but if I had to choose a Jack Black figure I would rather Nacho Libre!

51ih0m.gif

Or better Jack Austin & Heat Vision figures. :)

51iem8.gif

Last edited:
I hope this figure is t dead I saw it at SDCC a couple of years ago and loved it great movie

Saw on FB an email screenshot from Blitzway that this was cancelled due to likeness approval issues. Between this and Men in Black International it really does make you appreciate the fact that Hot Toys *always* releases any figure that they put up for preorder. What the hell happened with this company?

Back