Blitzway - Men in Black: International - 1/6 Agent H & High T Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - Men in Black: International - 1/6 Agent H & High T Collectible Figures

So far Cutthroat Island and MIB have been canceled after being put up for preorder.

They need to get better at picking licenses.

Re: Blitzway - Men in Black: International - 1/6 Agent H & High T Collectible Figures

This would've made some sense if it at least led to K and J figures. I can't imagine what goes on internally. Getting the license, developing the figures, sculpts, paints, etc, for literally zero return.

Not a big shock. Nice sculpts but an incomplete set for a so-so movie. Blitzway is up and down when it comes to picking licenses. With Hot Toys sucking most of the air out of the room, it’s probably harder and harder for licensed companies to compete. Even though Ghostbusters was an amazing set and a big hit, they probably didn’t enjoy the same margins HTs makes. I get the feeling Blitzway tends to put more passion into their products, which isn’t to say they aren’t without issues. The paint on Jimi Hendrix left much to be desired. However, if Hot Toys had produced Ghostbusters, we would have been lucky to gotten Venkman, Stantz and Spengler. Zeddmore would have been maybe a 50/50. They probably would have shown an Ecto-1 proto, like they did with the ‘66 Batmobile, then let it sink into oblivion without ever acknowledging cancellation. HT will always put margins above customer wants.

Maybe Blitzway should either go after some iconic, but under-the-radar licenses like Goodfellas, Pulp Fiction, The Fifth Element, and/or Blade Runner where they can really show off their sculpt quality; expand their musicians line with artists like Elvis (already have 1/4 license), Bowie, Queen, Beatles, Kiss, etc.; or do something completely unexpected like Universal monsters or classic TV/movies. None of those would generate Marvel/DC/Star Wars level sales, but would probably be solid sellers.

Last edited:

Pretty silly that people are assuming Blitzway is lying.

There is some wild **** being made, if BCS can get away with doing Laurel & Hardy, or Kaustic Plastik doing that Bud Spencer figure, then surely Men In Black would generate enough interest.

Pretty silly that people are assuming Blitzway is lying.

There is some wild **** being made, if BCS can get away with doing Laurel & Hardy, or Kaustic Plastik doing that Bud Spencer figure, then surely Men In Black would generate enough interest.

I'm 38 and I considered Laurel and Hardy, they're a pretty iconic duo, even if a bit old by now. Literally no one gives a flying **** about this movie.

I honestly think the Chris Hemsworth sculpt looks more like his brother Luke.

Also Blitzway needs to think about a market niche - I think they should go for one-off cult classic type movies instead of the huge franchises that Hot Toys and the like keep snatching up. Stuff like Beetlejuice, Rocky Horror Picture show, Evil Dead, Labyrinth, Escape from New York, The Witches (1990), Hocus Pocus (that one is a guilty/shameful pleasure). Films that have perhaps a more niche, but really dedicated, fanbase.

Back