Statue BLITZWAY- Rocky II - 1/4th scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1/6 is cheaper.

I agree with everything you said. It is Gorgeous!

Fair enough man.

The likeness on this statue was pretty much perfect IMO.... It's rare to find 1:4 movie statues with near perfect likeness of the actor.... Blitzway nailed this one and Monroe statue.... The only other statues that come to mind are GG Eva Green, Scarlett Johansson & their Sucker Punch statues... Iron Studios has also done a good job with likenesses... The only one that SS really nailed right IMO was Mytho's Obi-Wan portrait, I thought the sculptor really nailed that one (If you got a good painted one)... SS has several others that had great likeness in the unpainted sculpt but the likeness was destroyed by bad factory paint applications...

Blitzway nailed their Bruce Lee Enter The Dragon sculpt too.

Would LOVE to own this but can't justify the $. Has to be 1/6. But man it looks gorgeous.

You can justify the $ when you consider it's 1/4 in scale and it's a perfect statue in every way, the statue originally sold for $450 and now it's going for $550, even at that price it's got to the biggest bargain in my collection, $550 is nothing when you get a Rocky statue and a Butkus statue in 1/4 and it's the most accurate statue of Stallone to date.

If you only have one Rocky statue in your collection this has to be the one, and if you think you're going to see another Rocky statue at this level again, good luck waiting for it to happen years from now, if ever, it's probably not going to happen.

The likeness on this statue was pretty much perfect IMO.... It's rare to find 1:4 movie statues with near perfect likeness of the actor.... Blitzway nailed this one and Monroe statue.... The only other statues that come to mind are GG Eva Green, Scarlett Johansson & their Sucker Punch statues... Iron Studios has also done a good job with likenesses... The only one that SS really nailed right IMO was Mytho's Obi-Wan portrait, I thought the sculptor really nailed that one (If you got a good painted one)... SS has several others that had great likeness in the unpainted sculpt but the likeness was destroyed by bad factory paint applications...

I think Blitzway's statues under the Hybrid line ALSO has the best STOCK paint app on any statues I've seen, IMO. I guess this line's use of PVC *in the right places* serves the statue well. The material seems to reproduce better details including skin texture, and is more capable of Hot Toys/Enterbay-like paint even in mass production. Of course, it still requires expert craftsmanship and I give Blitzway a tip of the hat for that. A company can use PVC and still give shoddy details and paint -- I guess that's if the company resorts to use of PVC for cost-cutting rather than for a specific purpose. :wink1:

You can justify the $ when you consider it's 1/4 in scale and it's a perfect statue in every way, the statue originally sold for $450 and now it's going for $550, even at that price it's got to the biggest bargain in my collection, $550 is nothing when you get a Rocky statue and a Butkus statue in 1/4 and it's the most accurate statue of Stallone to date.

If you only have one Rocky statue in your collection this has to be the one, and if you think you're going to see another Rocky statue at this level again, good luck waiting for it to happen years from now, if ever, it's probably not going to happen.

Don't you dare try to talk me into it guys!!:lol I'm two seconds away anyway.
I know they won't be making another statue anytime soon but i'm hoping for 1/6 from BW or HT.

Great points BTW!

Well after much debate, my finger is on the trigger!:panic: Made on offer on ebay we'll see if he bites.

Well after much debate, my finger is on the trigger!:panic: Made on offer on ebay we'll see if he bites.

6fd21950610aa347ddcfcd3679c45106_credit-do-it-just-do-it-meme_1920-1080.jpeg

I caved on this,.....only my second statue after Pinhead. I kept looking at every 1/4 statue out and some previous. I just couldn't find anything that popped as much as this seems to. I really wanted to get the Darth Vader premium format, but the cheap lights turned me off. My collection is 80's focused, but I can let '79 Rocky slip in as I really like the street clothes look with the tiger jacket and the Hot Toys Street Clothes Clubber Lang is my only other Rocky piece. This is my first Stallone, so hope no regrets when it arrives.

it arrived today,...will open after work. As far as I know, there is only ONE left at a reasonable price. Popcultcha has it in stock.

Once that's gone these will all go $700 - $1000.

it arrived today,...will open after work. As far as I know, there is only ONE left at a reasonable price. Popcultcha has it in stock.

Once that's gone these will all go $700 - $1000.

Ha you know why Popcultcha has it?
For whatever reason they didn't get their act together until very late in the preorder.
Australia is a limited market and most of us had long since preordered and put deposits down elsewhere because they couldn't tell us if they were even getting it (most of us from Blitzway directly)

Wow,...damn,......
Best 1/4 statue I have ever seen. I was a bit on the fence,...semi expensive, keep trying to quit the game etc.
This guy really takes the cake though. EVERY 1/4 statue should use this same kind of painted head rather than polystone etc.
The detail and realism surpasses all of my Hot Toy's figures including Arnold T-800 and Peter Weller Robocop.
It really looks like Stallone is about to step off the pedestal and start talking to you. I wasn't sure about the Dog,....well, it's great too.

10 out of 10. Worth every penny.

One question; do all of the boxes come signed by KA Kim or just some?

Iv not long got this too and I have to say this is one of the best statue bang for buck on the market today . Everything from paint , sculpt, base, ... its such great value for money.

My only nit pick on this piece and its with Blitzway, they should have packaged it with the head separate . Mine had come loose from the magnet which could got damaged, paint rub... also the chain was tangled. Other than that, this is a gem.

Iv not long got this too and I have to say this is one of the best statue bang for buck on the market today . Everything from paint , sculpt, base, ... its such great value for money.

My only nit pick on this piece and its with Blitzway, they should have packaged it with the head separate . Mine had come loose from the magnet which could got damaged, paint rub... also the chain was tangled. Other than that, this is a gem.

Agreed, best statue for the buck, and Blitzway should have packaged the head separate, mine fell off and i almost had a heart attack and thought it was damage, I got lucky. I wish Rocky got more collectibles made at this level, this was a very rare opportunity for Rocky/Stallone collectors to get something at such a high level, hope it happens again soon.

In my opinion it's the best PF ever made by a wide margin.
And an 'accessory' like his dog is now generally sold separately by Sideshow.
Lobo's dawg was $140 and BB8 (literally two balls) for the new Ray statue is $285.

If only it had Rocky's more common leather jacket look..., :)

Lobo's dawg was $140 and BB8 (literally two balls) for the new Ray statue is $285.

I wish someone would do a Rocky 1976 street clothes with the black leather jacket already, it's amazing that it's only been done in custom 1/6 figures, love to see it in a 1/4 figure or a statue.

Agreed, best statue for the buck, and Blitzway should have packaged the head separate, mine fell off and i almost had a heart attack and thought it was damage, I got lucky. I wish Rocky got more collectibles made at this level, this was a very rare opportunity for Rocky/Stallone collectors to get something at such a high level, hope it happens again soon.
Yeah mine was the same. Blitzway messed up there . I wish BW would be more active making stuff. They are right up there for me. I would love a drago, rocky touching gloves statue . Expensive but would be so cool.

I did a review on this recently and was going to bring up that very point on Lobo. Thought people might think im mad lol. Its a valid point tho.

Back