Blitzway - Mask of Zorro - Zorro Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
98089021_10223391068501840_3271720882808029184_o.jpg

I paid in full for this figure. If there was ever a 'bait & switch', this is it.

Where the Hell is the neck?????

This is NOT a $250.00+ figure.

I honestly like my Triad Zorro better, and I bought that brand new for $10.00 on eBay

That guy's video is probably responsible for hundreds of cancelations. :lol

Hopefully, a proper video with good lighting shows the figure in a better light. The sculpt does look a bit soft, regardless. And the lack of neck is just :lol

I preordered reluctantly because for me, Zorro has a stache. I already had the Triad Zorro who was pretty solid, if a bit dated. Now, looks like Blitzway managed to match Triad Toys quality... which makes me sad I ordered

Not gonna panic yet. There can be a big different between out-of-the-box photos with no futzing, and meticulously styled and dramatically lit professional photography. Some of this is no doubt lighting, but it could be a little softer and it looks like the hair might have been resculpted. The no neck is either due to BlitzWay’s poor body selection or improper adjustment by the reviewers. A body swap may be in order. While I liked the movie, the only reason I ordered the figure was because of how great it looked and BW’s track record as opposed to a big affinity for the character. If it doesn’t look good I’ll just return it, but I’m guessing I’ll be fine with it in hand.

Sculpt still looks pretty much on point, but a repaint and rehairing would take it to the next level. Not sure if I’d invest the extra $, but I’m sure someone will do it.

Last edited:
Ugh. Still really hard to judge based on the washed out lighting in the video, but it's definitely reminding me more of a Sideshow figure right now, with the lackluster paint job and a sculpt that only barely looks like the actor.

But I do think there's probably enough there for me to improve it with some mods and a repaint. I hope...

Not gonna panic yet. There can be a big different between out-of-the-box photos with no futzing, and meticulously styled and dramatically lit professional photography. Some of this is no doubt lighting, but it could be a little softer and it looks like the hair might have been resculpted. The no neck is either due to BlitzWay?s poor body selection or improper adjustment by the reviewers. A body swap may be in order. While I liked the movie, the only reason I ordered the figure was because of how great it looked and BW?s track record as opposed to a big affinity for the character. If it doesn?t look good I?ll just return it, but I?m guessing I?ll be fine with it in hand.

Sculpt still looks pretty much on point, but a repaint and rehairing would take it to the next level. Not sure if I?d invest the extra $, but I?m sure someone will do it.

Imagine spending over $250 on a brand new action figure and having to immediately replace the entire body because the manufacturer forgot that people have necks. I have always loved Blitzway but that counts as a fail. The side by side comparison between the prototype and production head sculpts and the astounding drop in quality (sure some of it is lighting but still...) is almost giving me a Molecule 8 flashback...

This guy have this rare opportunity to do a first review and did a **** job showing the figure. Dude watch "Justin's Collection(Posing with Peter)" or "How to be a Poser" to learn at least how to leave a toy stand on his own.

Looks like another orange paint job from BW (like the smiling HS from Hannibal Lecter) I think the neck proportions are fine--he even states in his video that one just needs to pull the threads/adjust the clothing down--so why did he not do that .... :lol:slap

This guy have this rare opportunity to do a first review and did a **** job showing the figure. Dude watch "Justin's Collection(Posing with Peter)" or "How to be a Poser" to learn at least how to leave a toy stand on his own.
I doubt it will make a difference the thing looks terrible cheap paint, no neck .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm not even sure that's the same sculpt as the prototype. Look at the hair, the stranding hasn't just lost fidelity, it's literally flowing differently at nearly any point you pick out.

Not gonna panic yet. There can be a big different between out-of-the-box photos with no futzing, and meticulously styled and dramatically lit professional photography. Some of this is no doubt lighting, but it could be a little softer and it looks like the hair might have been resculpted. The no neck is either due to BlitzWay?s poor body selection or improper adjustment by the reviewers. A body swap may be in order. While I liked the movie, the only reason I ordered the figure was because of how great it looked and BW?s track record as opposed to a big affinity for the character. If it doesn?t look good I?ll just return it, but I?m guessing I?ll be fine with it in hand.

Sculpt still looks pretty much on point, but a repaint and rehairing would take it to the next level. Not sure if I?d invest the extra $, but I?m sure someone will do it.

When you are already paying close to $300....You shouldn't have to.....

I'll list the one I ordered on eBay as soon as I receive a shipping confirmation.

With a little luck I can sell it for enough to at least break even.

When you are already paying close to $300....You shouldn't have to.....

Yeah at that price point there really is not much room for forgiveness here. The video did no favors in making this look good, but that aside, this figure has too many flaws to make it worthwhile. This does certainly make me scared for Bill and Ted since I did order those direct.

Back